Italian Tourist Locked in Office Over Visa Refund Dispute

webfact

New negotiation tactic: When things go south just lock the other party in a room and ask for guidance. So the agency "director" or "the boss" was not in the office during a business day?  I have used an agent once and the experience was disappointing.  I submitted all the documents and it looks the only thing the agency did was to avoid the lines and get me definite time to the extension and photo. .  All this for only a baragin price of 8000 Baht. I would rather get Non Imm OA back home every two years with the mandatory health inusrance rather than dealing with some of these agencies.  I have done theOA back process home twice in the last four years.  This has worked for me.  

• Like 2

IAW above comments- I am *absolutely* guilty of using agents😆

Each time the paperwork was correct first time- reputable agents/agencies know how it’s done! 

If/when the visa-signing officer might be less than scrupulous and ask for a little $omething on top, a good agency will “handle” that request as well… and that’s personal experience.

For context- obtained via agency- new ‘retirement’ visa, new ‘marriage’ visa.

Agree with others who say to each their own! Additionally, (rhetorical question)- why criticize others choices to meet the requirements of living here… 

Also agree with comments regarding value of (my) time 100%.

Edited by RethairedJarhead
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thai's will do everything they can to avoid paying a refund ... even when they are wrong and have to ... they hate handing money back.

and this is exactly what was happening here ....

I don't think that you have any idea exactly what was happening there!

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Unless doing something illegal, all you're paying that agent for, is to jump the Q at Imm office.  I can sit there reading the internet on my phone for an hour or less, and pay myself 5k baht & up.

It might be different if I didn't have to be there at all, but since you do, and I've already done everything else, why would I pay an agent 5k baht / $150 USD, or more, just to jump the Q ?

Unless you are fiddling money in the bank of course.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thai's will do everything they can to avoid paying a refund ... even when they are wrong and have to ... they hate handing money back.

and this is exactly what was happening here ....

Agreed, although in this case, it appears to have been a Burmese rather than a Thai....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SbuxPlease said:

Wait a moment... the visa agent was going to get this man a work permit, but she herself didn't have a work permit?

Whoops.

The article implies she has a work permit but was working outside of its restrictions

.......and unauthorised work beyond her permitted duties. .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Su Su Aye faces two charges for her actions, including:

Section 310 of the Criminal Law: Detaining a person leading to death or severe injury. The penalty is imprisonment for three to 15 years.

How could she be charged with this?  When did the Italian die or receive severe injury?

And why did she lock him inside the office, to wait for her lawyer to arrive?  

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I suggest she gives him a birds nest basket and he takes her out for a pizza .... then wai's all around, hugs and kisses and it's all a big misunderstanding. 

At 25 she might consider offering a more personal service with a happy ending  :wai:

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why I didn't respond earlier.

As I don't find the process of extending a hassle or time consuming, and that's probably Imm office dependent.

But when someone posts ... " I use an agent because i don't want the hassle, bringing in the money and trying to navigate paperwork that I don't understand."

Then I guess the agent has a customer for life, for those unwilling or unable to DIY it.  Reckon the same people pay someone to do their taxes and need a bit of hand holding all through life.  

I actually enjoy being independent.   Now if the agent would come to the house, pick up my PP and bring it back with a stamp in it for a reasonable price, then I might use agent.  But $150 USD to jump a 1 hour Q, if that, then no, I don't think so.  I can think of something else to spend the money on, that puts a much bigger smile on my face.

I can think of something else to spend the money on, that puts a much bigger smile on my face....Yeah Yer mean with a " Happy Ending " Don't Yer ??

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Unless doing something illegal, all you're paying that agent for, is to jump the Q at Imm office.  I can sit there reading the internet on my phone for an hour or less, and pay myself 5k baht & up.

It might be different if I didn't have to be there at all, but since you do, and I've already done everything else, why would I pay an agent 5k baht / $150 USD, or more, just to jump the Q ?

5k baht???? You must of picked the most expensive in Thailand. I pay 2,500 baht only because i have better things to do than sit for over 2 hrs at immigration and then be told sorry you make mistake on form go away. Agents don’t make mistakes and i’m out of immigration in 2 minutes. 🤷🏼

13 minutes ago, Reddavy said:

5k baht???? You must of picked the most expensive in Thailand. I pay 2,500 baht only because i have better things to do than sit for over 2 hrs at immigration and then be told sorry you make mistake on form go away. Agents don’t make mistakes and i’m out of immigration in 2 minutes. 🤷🏼

I'm rarely there for 1 hour.  Don't know what the rate is, but 5k seems to be the minimum on local forum.   That's just jumping the Q, they do nothing else, as you still need to prep your paperwork.   Which for me is about 15 minutes at the bank, to order, then pick up the following week.  Make a few copies & done.

So reality is, I'm being told to sit and read the internet for 1 hr and I'm paid anywhere from 2500 - 5000 baht.   To do something I do every day ... hmm  ... let me think :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Blueman1 said:

I can think of something else to spend the money on, that puts a much bigger smile on my face....Yeah Yer mean with a " Happy Ending " Don't Yer ??

Nah.. not a P4P kind of guy.   That's what GFs & wives are for.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Miss Su Su Aye has been handed over to the Koh Phangan Police Station for legal proceedings. So far, no further comments have been made from either party or the service company.

457590775_3877245899269427_8981885346189210087_n.jpg

She looks like a hooker, not like an IO  emploiyed.

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why I didn't respond earlier.

As I don't find the process of extending a hassle or time consuming, and that's probably Imm office dependent.

But when someone posts ... " I use an agent because i don't want the hassle, bringing in the money and trying to navigate paperwork that I don't understand."

Then I guess the agent has a customer for life, for those unwilling or unable to DIY it.  Reckon the same people pay someone to do their taxes and need a bit of hand holding all through life.  

I actually enjoy being independent.   Now if the agent would come to the house, pick up my PP and bring it back with a stamp in it for a reasonable price, then I might use agent.  But $150 USD to jump a 1 hour Q, if that, then no, I don't think so.  I can think of something else to spend the money on, that puts a much bigger smile on my face.

Some.agents do that