Living will in Thailand; suggestions requested

NewGuy

I’ve just been told, in Pattaya, that I need to have a living will. The advice was prompted by my current medical situation..

sure, I have Googled but I’d like your experience. How did you indicate that extreme measures are unwanted? What are extreme measures? What must be in a living will.? What should be avoided? Should the document be in Thai as well as my native language?. Do you have a recommended translator for the job.

Both serious detail and humour are welcomed.

cheers

• Like 1

Thank you Guavaman. Using one of these forms will save a lot of agro. Would you choose form 1 or form 2?

Perhaps, it would be good for me to go to the lawyer’s office on Soi 13 Post Office. They would confirm the required Thai entries and provide two witnesses. My wife would be the primary signatory (after me, of course).

If anyone has suggestions, serious or dark humour, please contribute. All this medical terminology has me at a bit of a loss.

Thanks.

On 9/4/2024 at 1:12 PM, NewGuy said:

Thank you Sheryl! Can you recommend a Thai legal firm in Pattaya?

Same in Chiang Mai.  The lawyer I've used in the past has upscaled and doesn't seem to want to do mundane things like this anymore.  So looking for a new law firm in the Chiang Mai area which could draw one up.  Both my wife and I created detailed Living Wills that are witnessed and notarized by the lawyer who drew it up (in Thai), but I overlooked a HealthCare Power of Attorney.