airasia cancellation when can u get a refund back????

Hi folks, somehow even though i paid to asia asia via cc,

then informed my booking was unscuccessful after they've collected my monies???? (not my cc at fault)

i book a flight worth 32K on aug 12, ive tried sending emails to airasia, talked nonsense to this chat bot thing,

and no reply whatsoeva on giving back my <deleted> money.

as below scrrenshot, theyve escalated whateva and send email back to me soooooon, but its been 2 weeks and no <deleted> reply from these malaysians

anyone expereienced this? how did u get ur monies back? 

they seems to have an office near the suvanaphumi airport opposite to novotel.

but i heard of some sources that they wont help you and keep insistihng they are part of air asia group that does the booking and inisit to contact to the correct air asia representatives if any

i dont wanna go there cause  that kind of reply mught make me punch them in their face and i dont wanna getdeported just yet

image.png.ffedff23c245658e5e6418987ff5ff3e.pngimage.thumb.png.c1477597a88b95a78baa28e2e56825e6.png

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

do you mean they will refund sooon?

cause i get no reply from any of their members theres no contact number in the thai office and im getting anxious that they might be a scam

Air Asia is real. Contact your bank. Why didnt you do that already?

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

anyone expereienced this? how did u get ur monies back? 

I booked a cheap throwaway with AirAsia in Jan or so 2023. In knew I'd probably be cancelling and wouldn't get the ticket price back which was minimal. But I knew I could reclaim the taxes etc. And did.

After a couple of months the chatbot told me it was in process.

I'd given up on it (wasn't gonna lose sleep over such an essentially minor sum) when the money came through after about 4 months (May I think) and without further prompting.

I was happy. Of course I hadn't invested a sum that would affect my finances. A wise tactic when dealing in Asia.

Make sure you've complied with T+Cs. Claim it and wait patiently.

I expect you'll get it. They have form on long-term refund processes judging by other threads.

Hi,

Don Muang airport has a full Air Asia help desk, and they can help you if you go there, don't listen to the naysayers if you go with your forms and proof, obviously.

Also, as another poster has said, if you get no joy there, raise a dispute form with your cc company, showing what action you have taken already in contacting Air Asia.

A good idea would be to include the form you have put on this forum and show them you have been proactive in trying to resolve this matter.

The credit card company, will refund your card, once you have raised a dispute form, and it is registered in their system.

Then they will fight it out with Air Asia, and you are not waiting months for Air Asia to get themselves organized.

Footnote: Always check your spam box for Air Asia responses.

Also, why don't you contact the Bot on Air Asia website again and see if there has been any action. At least you can screenshot it and take it with you to the office to prove inaction.

I have in the past found the Air Asia people at the helpdesk kind and understanding when I have had problems in the past.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important to appreciate that the reason for refund is nothing to do with flights. No booking was ever made. It's a payment system glitch. Therefore, it should be very quick and easy to obtain refund. Charge back request to the credit card company is the way to go.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Straight-Beginning98 said:

I had to cancel a domestic flight which did not connect anymore with Thai Lion Air. Their staff at the airport had me fill a form for the refund but the lady advised me it could be a long process. I took 9 months before I saw the amount credited to my cc.

Interesting, thank you. Recently, Air Asia cancelled the first leg of my two leg booking (both Air Asia internal flights). Automatically rebooked onto the next available flight. I was clearly warned that this later flight wouldn't connect in time for my second leg. I tried to change the second leg flight but the terms and conditions didn't allow that. My only option was to cancel the first leg and receive refund. Was your case similar?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

(not my cc at fault)

Call your card and initiate a chargeback.

Most credit cards have a 2 to 3 month limit for chargebacks, so I would do it right away,

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'll never fly with AA again ....   it's just too hard to get your money back.

Oh no! I'm under instructions to book Air Asia for six of us later today. I'll be booking via Trip.com. They refunded my card within 24 hours when Air Asia cancelled the first leg of a two leg internal flight last month.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Most credit cards have a 2 to 3 month limit for chargebacks, so I would do it right away,

Generally speaking yes, but not with flights. They have far greater time limits in which to lodge credit card chargeback disputes. 

Edited by Nemises
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Oh no! I'm under instructions to book Air Asia for six of us later today. I'll be booking via Trip.com. They refunded my card within 24 hours when Air Asia cancelled the first leg of a two leg internal flight last month.

well good luck with that one ....     hope it goes according to plan. 

their reputation for refunds isn't overwhelming,  that's for damn sure.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'll never fly with AA again ....   it's just too hard to get your money back.  

Agree. I was booked on the same flight as the OP. AA refused a full refund and they then produced clauses which negated my credit card chargeback claim.

Never again, never.

Edited by Nemises
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Sorry folks who adviced to talk to the bank,  my mistake, its not a credit card,  i used the visa debit card...  does claiming the bank still works?

Also the screenshot i have, air asia mentions that they will refund, but no mention of time grame.

So possbly banks might just say i gotta wait or contact to air asia again or somthing? (which is impossible cause they got no office for customers, no local phone number, no email

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

Don Muang airport has a full Air Asia help desk, and they can help you if you go there, don't listen to the naysayers if you go with your forms and proof, obviously.

Also, as another poster has said, if you get no joy there, raise a dispute form with your cc company, showing what action you have taken already in contacting Air Asia.

A good idea would be to include the form you have put on this forum and show them you have been proactive in trying to resolve this matter.

The credit card company, will refund your card, once you have raised a dispute form, and it is registered in their system.

Then they will fight it out with Air Asia, and you are not waiting months for Air Asia to get themselves organized.

Footnote: Always check your spam box for Air Asia responses.

Also, why don't you contact the Bot on Air Asia website again and see if there has been any action. At least you can screenshot it and take it with you to the office to prove inaction.

I have in the past found the Air Asia people at the helpdesk kind and understanding when I have had problems in the past.

hi thanks for ur advice.

donmuang is a bit far from me places and with all that traffic i don have the energy for that

how about suvanaphumi, do they have this help desk as well or are they just a counter for issuing tickets? 

my bad, actually i used the visa debit card not a CC. will that work even if its a debit card transaction?

ive checked the status on bot and air asia APP for my case, still says pending.

if it shows as pending refund, i possibly think the bank wont be on my side 

so do i have to take a mega phone put my voice recording on a loop on a cassette player and blast it infront of the airasia ticket office or whateva?

Edited by villageidiotY2K
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

hi thanks for ur advice.

donmuang is a bit far from me places and with all that traffic i don have the energy for that

how about suvanaphumi, do they have this help desk as well or are they just a counter for issuing tickets? 

my bad, actually i used the visa debit card not a CC. will that work even if its a debit card transaction?

so do i have to take a mega phone put my voice recording on a loop on a cassette player and blast it infront of the airasia ticket office or whateva?

now you tell us your refund is  'pending '  status on their AA website. 

pending means it's being looked at for processing.   

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

hi thanks for ur advice.

Debit and credit cards can both be subject to chargeback. In your case I believe the time elapsed is out of order. You never made a booking. Air Asia payment system failed to process correctly. It doesn't need investigation. You should be entitled to immediate refund.

• Agree 1

Best approach to this issue is contact your CC company who were the payers. I am sure they will fix the issue but mine only allow 1 month from transaction date until you notify them. Visa Card have always refunded my account in these situations.

Sad reading about so many complaints regarding Air Asia's refund hassle after flight cancellations. I regard AA as my favourite budget airline.

During the past 10 years,  I have made many domestic and international flights with the airline and have NEVER experienced any grief with my bookings which, by the way, were paid for by DD card or with cash at my local 7-11 (when I lived in Thailand). I shall be travelling from Siem Reap (SAI) to Chiang Mai (CNX) this coming November using AA's "Fly Thru"  and I hope to expect AA's usual professional service, including a wheelchair. My discount ticket is already booked and I have notified AA of my difficulty in walking long distances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Sad reading about so many complaints regarding Air Asia's refund hassle after flight cancellations. I regard AA as my favourite budget airline.

During the past 10 years,  I have made many domestic and international flights with the airline and have NEVER experienced any grief with my bookings which, by the way, were paid for by DD card or with cash at my local 7-11 (when I lived in Thailand). I shall be travelling from Siem Reap (SAI) to Chiang Mai (CNX) this coming November using AA's "Fly Thru"  and I hope to expect AA's usual professional service, including a wheelchair. My discount ticket is already booked and I have notified AA of my difficulty in walking long distances.

oh so sad reading that you need a wheel chair, dont get me wrong airasia is my favourite ladies with those tight outfits in those small aircrafts,

i try to sit on the aisle seat so i get a chance to sniff their body good and me bonkers susages getting cooked! if u know what i mean...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Moments ago booked 6 Air Asia return internal flights. On Air Asia website the price would have been 13,800 baht. Agoda would have been 10,121. Trip.com was 9,510. In the case of Air Asia it would appear that paying more to book with them direct isn't a good idea.