Trump's Proposed Mortgage Ban for Undocumented Immigrants Sparks Debate

Social Media

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Which anyone that ever had a job or paid taxes would have to have done, yes? 

Would it not make more sense for them to get a SS number rather than having a special loan program to accommodate them? 

I think you are making it up. 

Your comments make no sense. Can not get a ss number without showing birth or citizenship. thats one of the issues illegals have to face.  

what are you claiming that I'm making up ? You need to get a grip on yourself 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Your comments make no sense. Can not get a ss number without showing birth or citizenship. thats one of the issues illegals have to face.  

what are you claiming that I'm making up ? You need to get a grip on yourself 

I was responding to your post:

Post01.png.d33935574bea67bcfd174e0302c7ecae.png

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I was responding to your post:

Post01.png.d33935574bea67bcfd174e0302c7ecae.png

You said you think I'm making stuff up. So I asking you what are you claiming I'm make up? Easy question but you give no answer as usual. They don't hand them out automatically you have to apply. Google is you friend

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You said you think I'm making stuff up. So I asking you what are you claiming I'm make up? Easy question but you give no answer as usual. They don't hand them out automatically you have to apply. Google is you friend

I think you were making up your claim that: "As i said this loan program was set up to handle citizen that don't have all the normal documents." 

Again, it makes no sense to have a special loan program for citizens without social security numbers, when they can easily get a social security numbers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And apparently (per the left) we have all these price-gouging corporations, while at the same time (also per the left) we have to import cheap labor for them. 

apple and microsoft are worth almost 6 trillion dollars.....

1 minute ago, stoner said:

Did you have a point? 

Incidentally, do you think that if Apple and Microsoft are made to pay higher corporate income taxes, will they eat it, or will they pass the cost onto consumers? 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you have a point? 

yes.

8 minutes ago, stoner said:
9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And apparently (per the left) we have all these price-gouging corporations, while at the same time (also per the left) we have to import cheap labor for them.

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think you were making up your claim that: "As i said this loan program was set up to handle citizen that don't have all the normal documents." 

Again, it makes no sense to have a special loan program for citizens without social security numbers, when they can easily get a social security 

Read the op again or Google.  Americans can if they have the right documents,, illegals can. not. 

They can not easily get ss# you obviously aren't American and don't know how the system works

I don't care if you believe it or not.  Your time on this is done with me

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Except that, through federally insured deposits, the taxpayers are on the hook if the banks fail, like they did last time the banksters made home loans to people who had a high probability of defaulting.  Like the 85% of illegal asylum seekers who historically lose their cases and may have to leave the country. 

The banksters made their commissions on the so called "Liar Loans", and for years.

Edit:  And I would add that the FDIC and FSLIC (and others) didn't sell the foreclosed properties to the peons to allow them to buy a distressed home on the cheap.  They bundled them into multimillion dollar packages so only their corporate donors could afford to buy them, and mark them up to sell to the peons.  More corporate welfare.

I’d like to see this particular spark debated tuesday!

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's 5 to 6 thousand too many then.

Should be zero mortgages for criminals.

If they were actual approved asylum seekers they'd be documented, so It's just the undocumented criminals that I'm talking about.

Scary brown People!

Maybe they will swim to New Zealand and scare you over there.

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Every job the illegals do. Every one. Dishwashing, lawn work, house moving, menial construction work, and any other minimum wage work. 

I know few Americans willing to do that kind of work. 

Americans used to do those jobs. So what went wrong?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, impulse said:

Edit:  And I would add that the FDIC and FSLIC (and others) didn't sell the foreclosed properties to the peons to allow them to buy a distressed home on the cheap.  They bundled them into multimillion dollar packages so only their corporate donors could afford to buy them, and mark them up to sell to the peons.  More corporate welfare.

We westerners live in a sick society. IMO it's a society doomed to fail, and not too far in the future either. People forget why the French and Russian peasants rebelled.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stoner said:

and which poor people does apple exploit to make their overpriced products to make a massive profit for the 1%?

IMO MS exploits everyone that buys their garbage OS- including myself.

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Americans used to do those jobs. So what went wrong?

We became a nation of self entitled, spoiled brats. Try to find Americans to do these jobs. That is a fantasy. It is simply a far right meme, at this point. And the politicians who are using the issue, are so wealthy they don't have a clue. 

It is more urgent to fix the legal immigration system, which is severely broken. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We became a nation of self entitled, spoiled brats. Try to find Americans to do these jobs. That is a fantasy. It is simply a far right meme, at this point. And the politicians who are using the issue, are so wealthy they don't have a clue. 

It is more urgent to fix the legal immigration system, which is severely broken. 

I'd say that applies to all western countries.

They do need to make the legal immigration easier so people don't pay criminal gangs instead.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, it makes no sense to have a special loan program for citizens without social security numbers, when they can easily get a social security numbers. 

It doesnt have to make sense to you as your not an American and this has no affect on you one way or the other. Why dont you check it out yourself . I didnt write the article so I suggest you go back and read the OP article and do some research. Its all there and available for YOU to read. You can stop trolling now cos Im done with you.  

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

Read the op again or Google.  Americans can if they have the right documents,, illegals can. not. 

They can not easily get ss# you obviously aren't American and don't know how the system works

If you are authorized to work in the USA by DHS, you can get an SSN.  In fact, you need an SSN to work legally.  With all the programs available today for asylum seekers, that means that illegals who have been paroled into the USA and have received permission to work, can get an SSN.

Edited by impulse

On 9/8/2024 at 7:04 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

So that would make you a criminal too if you knowingly employ criminals.

Do you pay them as much as you would a US citizen? Same benefits?

Guarantee you more MAGA people in Texas continue to hire Mexican illegal immigrants than any other group.  You only know what you hear from the orange face. If we have a mass deportation the economy will suffer high inflation and you will not be able to afford anything that currently uses cheap labor. 

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you are authorized to work in the USA by DHS, you can get an SSN.  In fact, you need an SSN to work legally.  With all the programs available today for asylum seekers, that means that illegals who have been paroled into the USA and have received permission to work, can get an SSN.

the discussion isnt about people that can obtain or have a valid SS number or can apply for one. Its about a special low use program to helps valid citizens obtain a mortgage if they dont have all the proper documentation. Some claim this program has been turned into one being for illegal immigrants, which it is not. 

On 9/8/2024 at 7:04 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

So that would make you a criminal too if you knowingly employ criminals.

Do you pay them as much as you would a US citizen? Same benefits?

You really are clueless.  You cannot find USA citizens willing to do the work most illegal Mexicans will do..  They don’t have to do those jobs. Of course if you could find a citizen that had the work effort and honestly of the illegal Mexicans you would hire them same price. 

illegal Mexicans are working to survive and thankful for a job. Not many citizens have a clue what their life is like including you and the orange face. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Dan O said:

the discussion isnt about people that can obtain or have a valid SS number or can apply for one. Its about a special low use program to helps valid citizens obtain a mortgage if they dont have all the proper documentation. Some claim this program has been turned into one being for illegal immigrants, which it is not. 

That may be true, but you have made some false statements about who can get an SSN.  That doesn't help your argument.

26 minutes ago, Wake Up1 said:

You really are clueless.  You cannot find USA citizens willing to do the work most illegal Mexicans will do..  They don’t have to do those jobs. Of course if you could find a citizen that had the work effort and honestly of the illegal Mexicans you would hire them same price. 

illegal Mexicans are working to survive and thankful for a job. Not many citizens have a clue what their life is like including you and the orange face. 

Americans won't do the work, or they won't do it for the same wages that illegals will?

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

That may be true, but you have made some false statements about who can get an SSN.  That doesn't help your argument.

what false statement have I made? An illegal align in the USA can not get a SS number. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd say that applies to all western countries.

They do need to make the legal immigration easier so people don't pay criminal gangs instead.

I completely agree, my cousin is an immigration attorney in Miami, and he tells me that top MIT graduates who finish their programs in nuclear physics, can't get a visa to work for an American company within the US. So they either need to go work for that American company overseas, or they need to work for another company overseas. Either way it's a huge brain drain away from the US. He also tells me that the quota system is 70 years old and is in drastic need of updating, especially for the higher qualified people with great expertise. 

The less educated amongst us and the ones who gorge on podcasts and engage in memes, do not want to look into this and do not want to educate themselves on what is a very serious issue in regard to immigration. 

18 hours ago, Dan O said:

I have a ssn and I'm not a citizen. I've gotten a few mortgages in the US in the past. All legal.

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I have a ssn and I'm not a citizen. I've gotten a few mortgages in the US in the past. All legal.

You are not an illegal immigrant are you? Thats whats been discussed. 

Edited by Dan O