Last Time Refused Entry Retry Monday

So my friend an Aussie arrived at BKK in June and was not allowed entry sent back home

lt appears they did not stamp is passport with anything about refusing entry

he had a long history of visa exempts and then 30 day extensions at CM immigration

and one land border hop but in total 6 months easily from Dec 23 his last exit was only about 3 weeks back in Oz before he tried his June re-entry.

now he is in Malaysia IMO stupidly booked a flight to CM on Monday
if i were in his shoes i would be going over by land or boat as he is currently in Langkawi
that gives him two boat entry options or he could have gone by land.

Anyway he is going by air 
obviously things have changed now with 60 day visa exempts
but what are his chances... will there be a note in the system about refusal even though the IO who was a woman never stamped his passport
she was not happy with him or his numerous visa exempts and extensions

I personally think he will get refused entry 
although CM is seen as a soft entry option and the new VE rules are in place.

if he gets refused will they ship him back to KUL as that is where he is flying from  or try send him back home to OZ

what do you reckon his chances are?

8 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I reckon that if your Australian friend desires any opinion, information or advice from the members of this forum, he should sign up and post himself. 

if you want to do your friend a favour, give him this link:

https://aseannow.com/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

I guess you are correct I just wonder why he is rejected so many times there is a reason.

he was rejected once 

again with the non readers of the forum

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

I guess you are correct I just wonder why he is rejected so many times there is a reason.

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

reckon that if your Australian friend desires any opinion, information or advice from the members of this forum, he should sign up and post himself.

why is it a favour to sign up?

he would not wish too
knocked back once going into swapy after just over 6 months back to back entries and extensions on VE
never applies for visas
would not want to retire in thailand happy to in out
so far two replies  none of which are actual replies on his chances are things a bit more lenient  now with the 60 VE in play.
sometimes it really is a waste of time posting here

• Confused 3

so your friend stayed in Thailand from dec 2023 to june 2024? that should not result in a refusal of entry. What does his history of stays look like? I am guessing he has been in Thailand many times during several years staying for long stretches?

Did he get warned before the denial? Usually the IO will tell you to get a visa, and if you still try your chances with an exempt after that... then thats on you.

• Agree 1

History as stated alway VE with 30 day EXt and a border hop almost continuous for 6 months

In his 70's does nt do online only flip phone has a return ticket to Oz but still not within 60 days (though never been asked for return flight flying out of KL myself)
no warning he said of denial just been lucky 
Mistke was flying into swampy
they phoned his Thai friends who own ghouse to no avail 
this time he does not even have a phone
thats what I reckoned back to KL if refused.
With the land border hop so near and two seaports to enter from he is definetly taking a chance I think

He will contact me and I will update here
Thanks to DrJack54 & Upnotover

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Serenity_Now said:

In his 70's does nt do online only flip phone has a return ticket to Oz but still not within 60 days (though never been asked for return flight flying out of KL myself)

Return flight not required. It can be any onward flight within the 60 days and may be required by the airline.

You omitted age 70yr in OP.

For frequent stays in Thailand being over 50 he has options eg non O retirement. 

• Like 1

Whether there was a stamp in the passport or otherwise a denial of entry will surely be recorded in the immigration database otherwise little point of rejecting him in the first place

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Whether there was a stamp in the passport or otherwise a denial of entry will surely be recorded in the immigration database otherwise little point of rejecting him in the first place

I wouldn't be too sure that an 'unmarked' entry refusal goes in the database. Otherwise it would show on (for example) the CNX immigration officers computer. From what I understand from this forum is that many who were declined entry at DMK or HKT and didn't have any notation placed in their passport, easily entered via CNX.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I wouldn't be too sure that an 'unmarked' entry refusal goes in the database. Otherwise it would show on (for example) the CNX immigration officers computer. From what I understand from this forum is that many who were declined entry at DMK or HKT and didn't have any notation placed in their passport, easily entered via CNX.

Doubtless a case of T.I.T.  lol

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

I know for a fact that even marked denials of entry are not recorded in the immigration database.

I was denied entry at Bangkok many years ago. A few months later at Ban Phak Kad, the immigration officer was staring at the denial of entry stamp in my passport and the hopping around SE Asia I had to do to get to Vientiane to get in. He detailed my whole travel perfectly to his boss and then with great surprise and amazement added "But there's nothing in the computer!" He was mystified.

6 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I know for a fact that even marked denials of entry are not recorded in the immigration database.

I was denied entry at Bangkok many years ago. A few months later at Ban Phak Kad, the immigration officer was staring at the denial of entry stamp in my passport and the hopping around SE Asia I had to do to get to Vientiane to get in. He detailed my whole travel perfectly to his boss and then with great surprise and amazement added "But there's nothing in the computer!" He was mystified.

That was many years ago and things have changed so most interactions are recorded in some fashion as they scan your data page and it auto populates your history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That was many years ago and things have changed so most interactions are recorded in some fashion as they scan your data page and it auto populates your history. 

Maybe they have changed, maybe they have not.

The IO scanned my data page, passed me up the chain, the supervisor went into the back and they had my whole history back to 1993 and then they put a denial of entry stamp in my passport but entered nothing into the Immigration database.

It was not too long ago. Perhaps nothing has changed. Particularly when some entry points are still applying different interpretations of the denial of entry legislation to others.

Odds are good at CM Airport, but he should have come by land, as you said.  For the future, if he wants to spend more time here, he has a few options:
 - If over 50, should then go straight to Pattaya and pay an agent to get him a Non-O based on retirement.

- If under 50, he could get a DTV - though future entries might require agent-assistance.  No one has done this yet, so we don't know how immigration at the bad entry points (Bangkok airports, etc) intends to  "game the system" for agent-money.

- Last option, and if he insists on flying in, he needs to use Immigration's agent to set up "pre-clearance" for a fee.  Even CM may start making problems with serial visa-exempt entries, at some point.  His next attempted-entry might be our first report of a problem there since Covid - will see.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Odds are good at CM Airport, but he should have come by land, as you said.  For the future, if he wants to spend more time here, he has a few options:
 - If over 50, should then go straight to Pattaya and pay an agent to get him a Non-O based on retirement.

- If under 50, he could get a DTV - though future entries might require agent-assistance.  No one has done this yet, so we don't know how immigration at the bad entry points (Bangkok airports, etc) intends to  "game the system" for agent-money.

- Last option, and if he insists on flying in, he needs to use Immigration's agent to set up "pre-clearance" for a fee.  Even CM may start making problems with serial visa-exempt entries, at some point.  His next attempted-entry might be our first report of a problem there since Covid - will see.

I've never heard of the pre-clearance for CNX.  The agent that I know that offers it, only offers it for Bangkok and Phuket.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BrandonJT said:

I've never heard of the pre-clearance for CNX.  The agent that I know that offers it, only offers it for Bangkok and Phuket.

Yes, at CNX it is generally unnecessary.  They seem to run an honest entry-point, and no recent bad-reports indicating that has changed.

Personally, I would not fly in with a "longer staying" record though - even there.  Worst case being denied-entry at a land-border - if something changes just before you get there, which has not yet reported here yet - at least you don't get locked-up.

• Confused 1

I always go to the far left the most senior looking guy at CNX, he is always there. Last week there led me to some ladies. I got a  mean looking soft butch. Asked for a boarding pass! First time since 1998 as far as I can remember 

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Asked for a boarding pass! First time since 1998 as far as I can remember 

Providing boarding pass is standard.

Immigration officers allow people through without as they are well aware that while it's required folk are poorly informed. 

On 9/9/2024 at 2:04 PM, DrJack54 said:

Providing boarding pass is standard.

Immigration officers allow people through without as they are well aware that while it's required folk are poorly informed. 

Yes there was a period roughly around 2018-2019 where I got asked for it 3 times. I actually had retained it anyway in my front pocket

Trips since though they've not asked for it but good idea to keep the stub just in case

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Trips since though they've not asked for it but good idea to keep the stub just in case

Interesting... I travel to Saigon OFTEN and the io at Saigon airport and DMK on my return request boarding pass.

As I mentioned above.... immigration tend to overlook it as many folk not aware it's required.

Also has signs at immigration control