Are you HAPPY to be ALIVE?

Dear Folks,

If one is truly happy to be alive, then why let the small stuff interfere with one’s wish to be happy, happy….HAPPY?

Let me provide you with just one example from my own sad experience:

Yesterday, and on into the night, I was worried about an Energy Sticker that might be improperly stuck to my machine.

Was this worry warranted?

Or, could it even have been avoided?

No, not likely.

Almost Nobody can avoid Energy Stickers in Thailand,...Obviously…unless…they have power and clout…

Therefore, you just gotta deal with it, and go with the Thailand Flow….

As it turned out, at least for me, my Energy Sticker had been relatively painless to pull off from my machine, and nothing like a stuck-on bandage, to a festering wound, or anything like that….

I am only saying that sometimes we overly concern ourselves with pointless worry about small issues that might never, finally, even materialize, no matter how unimportant they might be.  And, it’s these senseless worries which often distract us from our HAPPINESS.

I think you might recall the wonderful and insightful film:  The Inn Of The Sixth Happiness, maybe when you were younger, in 1958.  Well, this is what I’m talking about!

Well....

Here we are, in Thailand, in The Land of Six Happinesses.

And now that you have taken the trouble to arrive, would you then really want to spoil your great time in Thailand….just by worrying about an Energy-Sticker Requirement?

I thought not, and I STILL think not!

I realize that I have written to you many times on this Glorious Forum….TV….over the past many years…..BUT…..

I think that THIS Topic is one of my most profound.

And, in addition, I think that it’s most apropos of this profound Topic that ….TOMORROW is a Sunday, which might be a wholly day for some of you, and I respect your beliefs.

However, I still must say that MY Topic is above religiosity, in any sense of the word.

I am just asking you ….not to do as I…but to, instead…

Not sweat the small stuff….and, again…not as I.

And, most of all…

Please do not sweat anything nearly as small as a sticker.

This is my sermon to you….

This Sunday.

I knew you would love it.

And, there are those here who might love it more.

Best regards,

Gamma 

(The Same Gamma)

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

a phone call away...

Sam is not one of my favorites.

But...still....  

Richard tolerates him....sometimes.

Both guys, actually, are quite OK.

Richard is far superior....although just...IM-very-HO....

9 minutes ago, stoner said:

lawrence krauss ?

I liked Richard's stories about getting turned-on in his family's garden to things like butterflies....if you really want to know.

I think that Richard is much more enjoyable to listen to....in many ways.

Also, I prefer his English accent....by far....

14 minutes ago, stoner said:

lawrence krauss ?

Although....I must say....that....

Carl Sagan's English accent had me and a friend of mine rolling on the floor, overcome by mirth, every time he came on the Boob Tube, back in the day.

Turns out, Sagan was serious about his belief in science and exploration of other worlds.

He was a serious scientist....at times.

I seem to recall that he sent out......far out.....

Into Outer Space....

Messages to Extraterrestrial Civilizations, on a gold platter....

And, actually...he appeared to be serious about it....too....

And NASA bought into his idea.....

And....they did send it.

Whether or not any alien has read it yet.....is a Known Unknown....in Rummy-Speak.

I guess we all know what too much weed can do.

But I guess....

It's too late to warn you about this minor issue.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm very happy to be alive but at times it's miserable being here, a member on AN is making life difficult, this person is like an irritating woman, constant nagging, it's endless and really annoying.

This person can't help themselves, proper pest, a true keyboard warrior, endless trolling, he just scans the different threads looking for my comments to attack me. 😂

Sorry to hear that.

But, do you have any idea how he ever found you in the first place?

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry to hear that.

But, do you have any idea how he ever found you in the first place?

We don't see eye to eye, very opposite people, he's always got something rude and hostile to say. 

I often see his stupid comments to other members but I keep scrolling, not interacting, sadly this guy has to interact with me, on every comment I make to different OP's on different threads. 

The guy is a Stalker, a proper weirdo. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

you should be flattered if you have a stalker.

I'm not an attention seeker, I'm an under the radar guy, never looking for confrontation. 

Too many strange people, nothing better to do than annoy others here.

I think it's a lack of money thing, no money to spend on toys, like nice car/motorcycles or hobbies etc., so they just spend their time behind the keyboard. 

Anyway, the guy is harmless, it's not a big deal, some people like to nag others. 

I had a wife who did that years ago, always nagging, it gets old quickly. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

think it's a lack of money thing, no money to spend on toys, like nice car/motorcycles or hobbies

This is the third time you talk about buying "toys" such as motorbikes etc 

Not everyone is into that , wouldn't matter if I retired with a million dollars tommrrw I don't want cars motorbikes ,red Nike shoes ,man bags or any of that !

I WANT to be in here instead 🤣

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm very happy to be alive but at times it's miserable being here, a member on AN is making life difficult, this person is like an irritating woman, constant nagging, it's endless and really annoying.

This person can't help themselves, proper pest, a true keyboard warrior, endless trolling, he just scans the different threads looking for my comments to attack me. 😂

Nagging to you personally by PM or just replying to your posts?

You can block them 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not everyone is into that , wouldn't matter if I retired with a million dollars tommrrw I don't want cars motorbikes ,red Nike shoes ,man bags or any of that !

Yes, I understand, don't take it personally. 

You have property in Sydney, I was born in Sydney and bought a few houses over the decades, you are Asset rich,richer than most here.

I'm just saying nagging, annoying people, people that go out of their way looking for conflict, I would say are bored people, need a hobby to get away from the keyboard. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Or visiting one of your many doctors

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

We don't see eye to eye, very opposite people, he's always got something rude and hostile to say. 

I often see his stupid comments to other members but I keep scrolling, not interacting, sadly this guy has to interact with me, on every comment I make to different OP's on different threads. 

The guy is a Stalker, a proper weirdo. 😂

Just ignore him....

You will then...

Live even LONGER....if you do.

• Thanks 1

Yep ... all is good, better than expected.  Dog, kid, wife all healthy.  Don't want for nothing.   Already pass expiration date for Yanks born in 1954.    Passed most family members age, and knocking on some of the oldest.

No health issue interfering with daily life.   Almost keep myself busy and active.  Really can't think of any negatives.  Blessed & appreciative of every day forward.

Edited by KhunLA

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yep ... all is good, better than expected.  Dog, kid, wife all healthy.  Don't want for nothing.   Already pass expiration date for Yanks born in 1954.    Passed most family members age, and knocking some of the oldest.

No health issue interfering with daily life.   Almost keep myself busy and active.  Really can't think of any negatives.  Blessed & appreciative of every day forward.

You're such a Satchmo...

But, not the first, as you say.

27 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Sometimes I feel down but than I remember there are actually people living in America.  They have no choice.  They came second in the lottery of life.

Tell that to the millions who enjoy living there, and to others like me who can't wait to return.

55 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Tell that to the millions who enjoy living there, and to others like me who can't wait to return.

And the millions new immigrants getting in legally or millions sneaking in.  Only the poorest of the poor (mostly) seeking a better life in Thailand from abroad.

If I still had my RE, I'd think about splitting my time, USA/TH, or all USA.  Especially if daughter would come with us.  But to start over again, too much hassle and a bit expensive.

Too settled in here, and quite enjoying the uncomplicated life.  What we have here, would cost 3-5 times as much there, along with monthly payments (RE Taxes) for the privilege of just being there.   That's just silly.  Aside from any healthcare I may need the next 10 years.

Retired, I can't enjoy my hobbies here, and the US is a much better place for my daughter to grow up, go to school, and get a career. re-locating will be a hassle, but it'll be the last time I move so it's worth it. If anything happens, I have Medicare. All my family is there also.