Myanmar Woman Found Dead in Apartment After Neighbour Detects Foul Odour

Georgealbert

IMG_5279.jpeg

Picture of the room where the body was found.

A gruesome discovery was made in a Bangkok apartment when a neighbour, alarmed by a foul odour, opened the door to find a Myanmar woman brutally murdered inside. The police suspect her husband, also from Myanmar, who is now on the run. 

The Bang Khun Thian Police Station was alerted, on September 7,  to the crime after receiving reports of a decomposing body found in an unnamed apartment located in Soi Ekkachai 83/1, Khlong Bang Bon, Bangkok. The authorities, including forensic experts and medical personnel from Siriraj Hospital, arrived promptly at the scene. 

The victim, identified as 39-year-old Ms. Suu Tang, a fresh shrimp vendor at Mahachai Market, was found lying face down in a pool of blood. She had sustained severe head injuries consistent with blunt force trauma, possibly inflicted with a hammer found nearby, stained with blood. The initial examination suggested that she had been dead for approximately five days. Her body was found partially unclothed, with only the lower half draped with a sarong, and showing signs of decomposition.

Ms. Suu Tang had been living with her 43-year-old husband, Mr. Tun, who is also from Myanmar. Following the incident, he has reportedly fled the scene.

A neighbour , Ms. Boonchu, aged 33, who lives in a room opposite the victim, told police that she had noticed a strong odour earlier in the day and initially suspected that a dead animal might be inside the room. Concerned, she alerted the apartment owner. When the they unlocked the room, they discovered the tragic scene. 

Ms. Boonchu further revealed that around 21:0o, four or five days prior, she overheard the couple engaged in a heated argument. After that, there had been no further sounds or sightings of the pair. It was also noted that their pet dog was missing, possibly taken by the husband when he fled.

Forensic teams collected evidence from the scene, including fingerprints, bloodstained footprints, and other crucial materials. The police are reviewing CCTV footage from the area to identify the suspect and are working with the investigative unit at Bang Khun Thian Police Station to expedite his capture.

The victim’s body has been sent to Siriraj Hospital for an autopsy, while police continue their investigation into the crime.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-08

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

On 9/8/2024 at 5:00 AM, Georgealbert said:

was found lying face down in a pool of blood. She had sustained severe head injuries consistent with blunt force trauma, possibly inflicted with a hammer found nearby, stained with blood.

Possibly ?

• Haha 1

oh dear Georgealbert  .......   he wacked her with a hammer.  

It appears she had been dead about 5 days so she would have smelt bad by them I expect.

Very sad news indeed,   and her family in Myanmar don't even know yet ....

I hope they can catch the killer and put him in prison.  

RIP

shrimp seller

On 9/8/2024 at 6:00 AM, Georgealbert said:

Ms. Suu Tang had been living with her 43-year-old husband, Mr. Tun, who is also from Myanmar. Following the incident, he has reportedly fled the scene.

Gotta say, if I was Burmese in Thailand and came home to find my wife beaten to death, I'd be on my way to the border in a New York minute, whether I did it or not.

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

Gotta say, if I was Burmese in Thailand and came home to find my wife beaten to death, I'd be on my way to the border in a New York minute, whether I did it or not.

Which would show everyone immediately that you're the prime suspect.