Ten-Wheeler Truck Overturns: Tyres Found in Deplorable Condition with Exposed Wires

Georgealbert

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

While driving, the rear wheel came off the axle, causing him to lose control of the vehicle, resulting in the truck overturning.

This has nothing to do with worn tires/tyres, more likekly worn/overheated wheel bearings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

There is NO Enforcement of any driving laws, rules, or regulations in Thailand. They create laws, rules, and regulations for appearances only.

That is not entirely correct. Sometimes they have a week or two where they enforce laws.

I remember a couple oy years ago the police was very strict with motorcycles not stopping at the white line.

"We do something! Look here."

At least for a week or so... 

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

chicken manure, which were being transported, were scattered across the roadway.

The driver, 61-year-old Mr. Boonphop

Mr BoonPoop carting manure, makes sense. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Authorities were left stunned after inspecting a ten-wheeler truck that overturned on a road, discovering only two tyres in good condition, while the remaining eight were severely worn, with exposed wires visible in most of them.

Perhaps they'd have been 'less stunned' if laws were enforced and owners of such trucks were held accountable for their vehicles being unroadworthy...    they can check the brakes too !!! 

The average IQ of the truck driver here must be incredibly low (a Thai Bash ?.. perhaps, or just a Thai Truck Driver Bash)...

.... Just this week alone there has been 'traffic mayhem' at the entrance to the toll booth near the port in Bangkok... 

... Articulated trucks are not permitted on the expressways - yet twice this week we've been held at traffic Jams as a truck is stopped at the tollbooth, the driver clearly not knowing he's not permitted to use the expressway... the result is traffic backed up and it takes an age for the truck to be able to reverse out of the way and clear the traffic. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Lack of MOT, all they test are the brakes before road tax, tires etc up to you :unsure:

That's correct, i've got a pic up truck  but only 3 brakes have been working for many years, right rear doesnt work at all due to leakage from the rear axle, no big deal although i'm only doing 60 on the roads and I don't use it more than once a month.

• Sad 4

33 minutes ago, proton said:

Lack of MOT, all they test are the brakes before road tax, tires etc up to you :unsure:

They check a lot more than that on vehicles here on Samui.

Lights, indicators, brakes, tyres, exhaust etc etc.

Bikes, trucks and cars.

I even have to have the truck certified as safe for LPG.

I do not know where they check heavy vehicles though.

Edited by Tropicalevo

vehicles being roadworthy is not even considered in Thailand, if they can move they are ok. I have seen  pick ups that have totally rusted out and the tray sides are tied together so they dont just swing free but sway out from the tray whenever they turn or move, the police just dont give a sh*t nor do the drivers. If vehicles were made to be roadwothy many vehicles would be removed from thai roads especially trucks, turn signals/brake lights covered with so much muck you cannot see them at night is very common, over loading appears to be a thai pass time and the law does nothing  plus with the pathetic driving/riding in Thailand its no wonder so many die on the roads

• Thanks 1

Testing? 

Weighbridge scam sticker - check

Amulet dangling from mirror - check

Sufficient Michelin Men to obscure bottom third of windscreen - check

Manchester United transfer to obscure top third of windscreen - check

Curtains across side windows - check

Good to go for another year!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Testing? 

Weighbridge scam sticker - check

Amulet dangling from mirror - check

Sufficient Michelin Men to obscure bottom third of windscreen - check

Manchester United transfer to obscure top third of windscreen - check

Curtains across side windows - check

Good to go for another year!

Loud air-horn to alert others you are blasting through a junction without stopping - Check !!!! 

• Like 1