Global YouTuber IShowSpeed Crashes Tuk-Tuk into Temple Wall, During Livestream

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'd much rather be one of them than a clueless dinosaur that can't accept change. 

He has 28.8 million subscribers on Youtube alone - that in itself requires a lot of professsional skills and effort.  

You have no clue what is required to build and maintain a successful social media channel.  

Whatever LoL

Who ties his shoe laces?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5384.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Khaosod

In an unexpected incident, YouTuber IShowSpeed, who has more than 20 million followers, was involved in a minor crash while filming content in Thailand. The popular IRL (In Real Life) streamer attempted to drive a tuk-tuk but ended up crashing into a temple wall, resulting in a minor head injury.

On September 9, 2024, IShowSpeed, who was in Thailand for content creation, had been exploring local attractions, including riding elephants and practicing Muay Thai. During his adventures, he encountered a tuk-tuk and expressed a desire to try driving it. After receiving permission from the driver, he took the wheel with guidance on how to operate the vehicle.

Shortly after starting the tuk-tuk and increasing speed, IShowSpeed lost control due to his unfamiliarity with the vehicle. The tuk-tuk suddenly veered off and crashed into a nearby temple wall, causing the YouTuber to hit his head. Despite the driver’s attempts to stop the tuk-tuk, the crash occurred too quickly. Fortunately, IShowSpeed sustained only a minor head injury.

Following the accident, IShowSpeed promptly went to the temple to apologise to the abbot for the damage caused. It is expected that he will compensate for any damage to both the temple and the tuk-tuk.

The incident quickly gained attention on social media, with fans expressing relief that the injury was minor and commending the YouTuber for taking responsibility. This mishap adds an unexpected twist to his Thailand content, highlighting the challenges of navigating unfamiliar local customs and vehicles.

Video of the incident, from his YouTube channel is below.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-10

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

20 million followers my ass. A few thousand idiots like this brainless moron more like. 

6 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5384.jpeg

In an unexpected incident, YouTuber IShowSpeed, who has more than 20 million followers, was involved in a minor crash while filming content in Thailand. The popular IRL (In Real Life) streamer attempted to drive a tuk-tuk but ended up crashing into a temple wall, resulting in a minor head injury.

On September 9, 2024, IShowSpeed, who was in Thailand for content creation, had been exploring local attractions, including riding elephants and practicing Muay Thai. During his adventures, he encountered a tuk-tuk and expressed a desire to try driving it. After receiving permission from the driver, he took the wheel with guidance on how to operate the vehicle.

Shortly after starting the tuk-tuk and increasing speed, IShowSpeed lost control due to his unfamiliarity with the vehicle. The tuk-tuk suddenly veered off and crashed into a nearby temple wall, causing the YouTuber to hit his head. Despite the driver’s attempts to stop the tuk-tuk, the crash occurred too quickly. Fortunately, IShowSpeed sustained only a minor head injury.

Following the accident, IShowSpeed promptly went to the temple to apologise to the abbot for the damage caused. It is expected that he will compensate for any damage to both the temple and the tuk-tuk.

The incident quickly gained attention on social media, with fans expressing relief that the injury was minor and commending the YouTuber for taking responsibility. This mishap adds an unexpected twist to his Thailand content, highlighting the challenges of navigating unfamiliar local customs and vehicles.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-10

That thing didn't veer off he just didn't pay attention to the instructions

Is thai tuk tuk driver a reserved occupation for only thai drivers!

Thai guy,

I am on the phone to my insurance company I've just lent my tuk tuk to a YouTube guy who has crashed it into our holy temple am I covered for the damages!

🐘🙈👮‍♂️🐒😁🚀😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'd much rather be one of them than a clueless dinosaur that can't accept change. 

He has 28.8 million subscribers on Youtube alone - that in itself requires a lot of professsional skills and effort.  

You have no clue what is required to build and maintain a successful social media channel.  

Yeah, it's so difficult to acquire skills.

*professional
People don't really care about "successful social media" channels and "content creators."

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Point taken. Seems to me there's a lot of folks (mainly younger) who want something different from life, see nothing of value any more from current  political processes, and mainstream social attitudes, nothing of value in terms of society as a support mechanism where needed so they follow alternatives. 

But I'm not sure their alternative produces much. 

Yes, and there are 3x as many people (including idiots) on the planet since the 1950 count.  
People continue to breed, and everyone gets a trophy and their 15 minutes.
We were all idiots once, but it wasn't on the world stage & used to make them feel important and seen.

Edited by Shetraveler

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

By the looks of him, perhaps he should have entered a Speed Contest for Picking Cotton.

Far less danger involved.

And, less risk of injury to those nearby.

Lead Belly sang about this.

Your racism is showing.  Interesting because Thais aren't lily white like you seem to be.  Does your racism extend to Thais?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shetraveler said:

Your racism is showing.  Interesting because Thais aren't lily white like you seem to be.  Does your racism extend to Thais?

At the very least,....

I am a Big Fan of Lead Belly.

11 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

and commending the YouTuber for taking responsibility.

What is there to commend? the guy broke several laws and karma hit back:

1. Working illegally (streaming is work).

2. Not paying tax on revenue that was sourced in Thailand

3. Driving a vehicle without a driver's license.

4. Driving without insurance.

5. Driving a vehicle he does not and have never had a license or experience with (just like a regular car license doesn't qualify you to drive a truck).

Arrest and deport. Thailand does not need the kind of "advertisement" these YouTubers provide. I could be wrong and he has a work license, drivers license, and insurance - but somehow I highly doubt it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Point taken. Seems to me there's a lot of folks (mainly younger) who want something different from life, see nothing of value any more from current  political processes, and mainstream social attitudes, nothing of value in terms of society as a support mechanism where needed so they follow alternatives. 

But I'm not sure their alternative produces much. 

What we need, it seems, is a real war. As a wake-up call, so to speak.

11 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

OK, you can deport the moron now.

No work permit

No Thai licence

No insurance

Driving for money is a restricted profession in Thailand 

Driving a licenced passenger vehicle without commercial licence

Criminally stupid

Wrong visa for working

No public filming licence

Disrespectful towards a temple

Culpable haircut

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5384.jpeg

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-10

Or was it deliberate?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure all the 20 million  morons will send a like.

20 million followers …that’s almost twice as many as Paige Spiranac  and she’s got a wonderful pair. …. You guys may take the piss but he saw an opportunity, took it , and is in the money now …o

Edited by PFMills
  • Sad 1