Upgrade Thai Airways ticket with bonuspoints

Vandk

Anybody have experience how to upgrade an Thai Airways ticket with earned bonuspoints from Thai Airwais, i tryed severall Thai Airways e-mails but nobody can give me the right answer or can give advice how to do, i live in Pattaya but the Thaicenter is closed for ever.

I have a Thai Airways ticket BKK to CPH on 23 december 2024 and wanted to use my bonuspoints before they get expired on an ticket upgrade from okonomie class to business clas. THX on forehand.

I would assume that you log-in to your Royal Orchid account and take it from there after clicking on your booking. Firstly, I would check that you are eligible for the upgrade. Below is link to show which booking class economy ticket allows upgrade to Business Class:-

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop/Redeeming/Redeeming_Award_UpgradeAwards_onTHAI.page?

The next link details the mileage required for the respective upgrades:-

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop/Redeeming/Redeeming_Award_UpgradeAwards_onTHAI2.page?

I cannot give a definitive answer as I don't use Thai Air (always EVA Air). However, on Eva it is just a matter of logging on to my account, clicking on my booking and then requesting the upgrade (link below shows the EVA process):-

https://www.evaair.com/en-gb/infinity-mileagelands/mileage-award-program/mileage-redemption/upgrade-award/eva-uni-air/

If you are still struggling, I would pay a visit to your local, friendly travel agent and ask if they (in return for a few hundred baht for their trouble) can contact Thai Airways and either arrange the upgrade or at least get an explanation as to how you can do this yourself.

Best of luck.

One further thing, below shows phone number to ring for an award upgrade. I would possibly still visit a local friendly travel agent and ask them to arrange (taking this number with you). For the sake of a few hundred baht, it could save you a lot of stress and hassle:-

THAI Upgrade Awards can be redeemed by contacting THAI reservation offices worldwide or call 0-2 356 1111. For Lounge Access Award and Excess Baggage Award redemption, please contact THAI customer service staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank a lot, i have done all this severall times and have the nesessary bonuspoints,but it´s not bring me any further to a website where i can upgrade my existing ticket.

@Vandk Did you buy your ticket direct from Thai Airways or from an agency? Agencies tend to sell only the lower fare classes.

I often use Thai mileage for either upgrade or award ticket. The staff at Thai Airways +6623561111 speak good English and are very helpful. They will tell you, definitively, whether or not your ticket can be upgraded and any terms, procedures and costs involved, and, crucially, if there is space in business class! Your current ticket fare class is important as not all tickets (cheaper ones do not), allow upgrades. Good luck!

Edited by soi3eddie

I gave that particular bureaucratic challenge to a travel agency who did all the phones, emails, birth certificates and blood tests against a nominal fee of 1,000 Baht. Money was never spent better, trust me! 

Thanks for all advices, i bought my Thai Airways ticket in a travel agency in Danmark but i have many many bonuspoints because i travel regulat to Thailand Pattaya, any agency in Pattaya who can help me as mentioned above ?

1 hour ago, Vandk said:

Thanks for all advices, i bought my Thai Airways ticket in a travel agency in Danmark but i have many many bonuspoints because i travel regulat to Thailand Pattaya, any agency in Pattaya who can help me as mentioned above ?

Phone Thai Airways.  In a minute they will tell you a) IF your ticket can be upgraded and b) if you can do it directly with them or need to go through an agent.