Thai Finance Minister Calls for Tax Reform to Boost Economic Growth

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

As I wrote many times, Thailand should register residents where they live and not in the blue family books. Then everybody has to fill in a tax form with their jobs, bank accounts, earnings and possessions.  This could show a lot of information, and also shows the bribing and corruption ... As when someone has a job of 15k a month , he she can't  without explanation have several houses or expensive cars.. And they could say it is from a inheritage but that is easy to check too as the ones who died have filled in tax forms too.Besides that the real poor people are easily found and can be given proper help, but at this moment the Government has no clue where someone lives, is doing what earn how much and what assets they have. Easy to reform tax, but first make a real thing that you can reform.. Now there is nothing as 75% of The Thai people can do as they like

Sir you must be joking......The people who have bought expensive positions of power expect a huge return on their investment.....And paper trails would very much get in the way of wealth accumulation.......So things need to be left in a murky state for the benefit and receiver of unusual wealth...

Years ago, I worked for a company that had a single successful product, it's cash cow. But everyone knew that when the cash cow died from obsolescence, the company was dead meat.

So, Top Management was continually making pronouncements about new products and services that would supplant the cash cow. All of those announced products and services came to nothing. As an employee, it was rather distressing, and I made an exit plan.

After I left, the cash cow started failing, and the company effectively failed.

I see the same with these pronouncements by Top Management that are disconnected from reality. Thailand is a cash cow for Top Management today, but if they run the country into the ground by focusing on Hubs and proclamations of Crackdowns and other useless endeavors, those left holding the bag will have a tough time.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FriscoKid said:

As usual, no clear direction from the people working together in government.

Thai ministers and spokesmen are NEVER working together.

It is always me, me, me.

Internal bickering and power plays are just one of the things that are stopping Thailand from moving forward.

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Years ago, I worked for a company that had a single successful product, it's cash cow. But everyone knew that when the cash cow died from obsolescence, the company was dead meat.

So, Top Management was continually making pronouncements about new products and services that would supplant the cash cow. All of those announced products and services came to nothing. As an employee, it was rather distressing, and I made an exit plan.

After I left, the cash cow started failing, and the company effectively failed.

I see the same with these pronouncements by Top Management that are disconnected from reality. Thailand is a cash cow for Top Management today, but if they run the country into the ground by focusing on Hubs and proclamations of Crackdowns and other useless endeavors, those left holding the bag will have a tough time.

and then the armed guys step in for a while to get their fair share, then it starts all over...been living here at times since the early 1970's....very little has changed in politics