The debate thread.

Cryingdick

What made me laugh was Kamala Harris tearfully pearl clutching "and working women have to go on a plane and sit next to strangers!!"

Imagine the horror of having to sit next to strangers on the plane! Lol.

Goes to show how far removed these people are from the real world. I suppose flying tax payer funded planes Kamala Harris doesn't have to sit next to stangers anymore when she flies.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also, a follow-up post promoting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories has been removed, including because one cited source itself refers to the claims as "baseless," and the other cited source is a disallowed non-credible "questionable source."

Per the forum's rules:

"You will not use ASEAN NOW to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Topics or posts deemed to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or which deliberately distort information will be removed. In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Your posts above are full of snarky generic comments and opinions, with rarely anything of any substance or credibility to back them up.

That's what happens when pretty much the entire political world is saying your candidate was the clear loser.

For clear evidence, see the numerous media report cited and sourced above on this page and earlier in this thread.

I wouldn't waste my time replying to that account.  Life is too short to not add them to your ignore list.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

A post with a video from a private party social media source has been removed.

Per the forum's rules:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However, in factual areas such as, but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency and must include a link to the original source.

6 hours ago, Cameroni said:

That's not satisfactory reply. The Vice Presidential office has considerable power, as we saw with Cheney. When Kamala promises to do this and to do that, it is devastating for Trump to say "She promises to do all this, but she's been in office for almost 4 years, why did she do not it already"?

When it came to the arguments, Trump really won them all.

However, Kamala did the better acting, laughing and smirking, and had a few good soundbites ("He was fired by 80 million people). The suggestion for people to go to the Trump rally was a highpoint for her.

But where it mattered, on the economy, all she offered was empty air and nothing of substance and even the mainstream media concede that.

Overall Trump had the better moments, when he shut her up "I'm talking, sound familiar",  "I was going to send her Maga hat because now she has all my policies" and at the very end when he countered Kamala's promises with "She's been in office for 4 years why hasn't she done it?".

Alas, his pet eating gaffe was a pity, so unnecessary given the real crimes  immigrants have committed,  that was a pretty stupid mistake, and he talked too much about his own record. He should have talked about hers.

You could, at a stretch call it a draw. Which is already surprising, I never thought Harris would fumble like Biden, but I did think Trump would win easily.  Instead it was a draw, so Harris did well. But to say she won the debate is completely unbelievable.

The moderators craven unfair one-sided "fact checking" which only focused on Trump and let Harris off for her many lies, has clearly driven home to many Americans that the media is not objective, and quite clearly Harris was helped by the moderators in this debate to a great degree.

Trump suffered his worst debate performance. After he admits, you will agree with him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

More in overnight poll say Harris won debate

Respondents in a new survey say Vice President Harris soundly won Tuesday night’s debate over former President Trump — a reversal of Trump’s showing when he faced President Biden on the debate stage three months ago.

Forty-three percent of respondents in a YouGov poll conducted Wednesday morning said they thought Harris won her first — and possibly only — faceoff against Trump, compared to 28 percent who said they thought Trump won the debate. Another 30 percent said they were not sure who came out on top.

The poll echoed the findings of a CNN flash poll conducted by SSRS immediately after the debate, in which 63 percent of voters surveyed said Harris won, while 37 percent said Trump was the victor.

(more)

https://thehill.com/homenews/4873826-harris-trump-debate-winner/

That's reasonable. Harris met and exceeded what many expected. She was very well coached and the strategy was obvious from the start- avoid policy discussions and instead put Trump on trial as unfit for office. And he largely took the bait, wasted too much time trying to defend himself. On the few occasions where the moderators tried to steer the debate back towards issues that voters actually care about, Trump did better. But the tone set by the moderators was obvious from the beginning- they wanted to avoid any talk about the economy, immigration etc. 

Trump's closing statement was very good, but too late. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

Who would have thought we had so many Swifties on this forum 🤢

Well she is the biggest pop star in the world, very beautiful and talented, so I'm not surprised she even has admirers among the crusty database of members on this Forum!  Even more relevantly, she is politically aware and may influence a certain demographic in the election. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Well she is the biggest pop star in the world, very beautiful and talented, so I'm not surprised she even has admirers among the crusty database of members on this Forum!  Even more relevantly, she is politically aware and may influence a certain demographic in the election. 🤞

Getting involved in politics could end up being the worst decision of her career

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

Getting involved in politics could end up being the worst decision of her career

Want to bet? Shaking in your boots.

23 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Nobody cares.

Sure, 550,000,000 million world wide followers, nobody cares.  Another Jethro Tull fan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mazungu said:

Trump whines about the ABC moderators and then suggests the most partisan moderators for a new FOX debate. The moderators weren't the reason for Trump's whacko performance. It was the candidate. 

Harris was the wacko. Never seen a 60yo women act so immature.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1