The debate thread.

Cryingdick

6 minutes ago, maesariang said:

I watched the debate. She dodged most of the questions. Never got called on it. Sorry for posting facts.

That's not what I was referring to.  Those on the right blamed/criticised the moderators; those on the left praised them.  Pick the one that suits your POV.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

3 minutes ago, maesariang said:

CNN calls out Harris for dodging questions

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6361858433112

"In Springfield, they are eating the dogs, They’re eating the cats. They’re eating the pets of the people that live there,” -Donald Trump.  Ideas Trump holds based on some Facebook post, citing the poster’s “neighbor’s daughter’s friend,” 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

You are going to find few details from any candidate when you have two minutes to answer a question. High level goals, sure, not policy details, and therefore too little information to compare in this debate format. You can contrast yourself and that happened with (Abortion, Climate change, National security, Healthcare, Tarrifs, etc) but some details on policy can only be found on campaign websites and campaign literature. Besides, Harris had two major goals, to let the bombastic Trump out of the box (therefore missing all his opportunities to speak about things he should have spoken about instead) and introducing herself as a viable Presidential candidate who is still new to the majority of Americans. Trump had an opportunity to make this a policy discussion but people wanting to murder babies after birth, immigrants and their diet, crowd sizes, using Orban as a job reference, is where he went instead. You want policy details and comparisons, voters need to dig much deeper. Give them 5 minutes to discuss a topic, then yes. However, politicians will quickly shift to what they want to talk about. There should be some buzzer that sounds when they do! 🙂

So no details. Harris was all waffle. She is already getting panned for her small business claims.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Comment from the NY Times a few months ago. My edits.

ScreenShot2024-07-15at2_14_42PM.png.7c23e99b55aca1a62c8e60013a2d38dc.png

Yet more evidence of the lunatics that seem to occupy the States.....and 10 likes ....555

I'm surprised baby eating lizard people are not mentioned anywhere.

• Like 1

Comic relief from Jimmy Fallon....

[Donald Trump insists he’s not weird, but he keeps throwing himself under the bus with his own words and actions.]

[“There were so many wild moments last night, but the craziest was when Trump pushed a baseless conspiracy theory about immigrants in Ohio,” he added. “Looks like ‘Operation: I’m Not Weird’ isn’t going well.”]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jimmy-fallon-picks-the-moment-trump-totally-flunked-operation-i-m-not-weird/ar-AA1qrSbF?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=6aac6697133c4dece7da64e6d25bdbf9&ei=43

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, earlinclaifornia said:

UK voters overwhelmingly back Kamala Harris over Donald Trump for US president

UK voters overwhelmingly back Kamala Harris over Donald Trump for US president (msn.com)

I am so not surprised......of course this will be down to the left wing press which dominates the UK media...... GB News, The Daily Express, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph......and how they constantly push left wing agendas down the throats of the ordinary UK voter.

• Thumbs Up 1