Trump Harris: Who won the debate ?

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

see you're ignoring the fact that that Trump fanboys predicted that Trump was going to destroy Harris in the debate. Did that happen? 

You saved me the effort.....just about to post that...shame I'm too lazy to trawl back through the thread to find their posts...555

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Is saying Democrats support abortions after birth consistent with what you have put above? No facts or context. Fact check is reasonable I think. 

If you pass a law that allows viable (if not full term) fetuses to be aborted, and then don't protect the infants who survive the abortion once they're born, are you not allowing abortions after birth?  That's what my link showed.  It has happened.

But the most egregious violation by the moderator is making that hit and run statement just before muting Trump's mic.  I thought it was up to the candidates to support their position, not the moderators.  Looked more like a 3 on one tag team than a fair debate.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

susan is a troll whose only objective is to have you waste your time. I wouldn't bother, the meticulous facts you posted are wasted on susan.

I just noticed that, seems to be a bot who suddenly emerged three weeks ago with no genuine purpose except for the sole reason of trolling for Trump.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, marin said:

From a leading Republican pollster, he has been quoted many times on here by the right wing posters.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/longtime-gop-pollster-frank-luntz-says-trumps-campaign-is-over-after-bad-debate?fbclid=IwY2xjawFPQWhleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHfhDx4yiLt5LxBFjIj1dLEau1T2Xz_g_k9uTRgwWQcuY6g1Fp3DNtkZMSA_aem_3Wy0EgPPlMi8_-PGLhGT

Longtime GOP Pollster Frank Luntz Says Trump’s Campaign Is Over After Bad Debate

KAPUT, COOKED, DONE FOR

“I’m trying to decide if I want to go on record, and the answer is yes,” Frank Luntz told Piers Morgan Wednesday. “I think that he loses because of this debate performance.”

As much as I might wish the debate would be decisive, I doubt it.

• Love It 1

37 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

The ABC moderators were normal people. They were simply reacting as any rational human being reacts after hearing some of the craziest nonsense they have ever heard. Its why one candidate got more push back from the moderators than the other. Anyone struggling to understand that obviously has issues of their own.

They're supposed to not take sides. Not so hard to understand.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

The ABC moderators were normal people. They were simply reacting as any rational human being reacts after hearing some of the craziest nonsense they have ever heard. Its why one candidate got more push back from the moderators than the other. Anyone struggling to understand that obviously has issues of their own.

Democrat voters normal.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marin said:

From a leading Republican pollster, he has been quoted many times on here by the right wing posters.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/longtime-gop-pollster-frank-luntz-says-trumps-campaign-is-over-after-bad-debate?fbclid=IwY2xjawFPQWhleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHfhDx4yiLt5LxBFjIj1dLEau1T2Xz_g_k9uTRgwWQcuY6g1Fp3DNtkZMSA_aem_3Wy0EgPPlMi8_-PGLhGT

Longtime GOP Pollster Frank Luntz Says Trump’s Campaign Is Over After Bad Debate

KAPUT, COOKED, DONE FOR

“I’m trying to decide if I want to go on record, and the answer is yes,” Frank Luntz told Piers Morgan Wednesday. “I think that he loses because of this debate performance.”

I might not like what he says always

he called this and he is correct

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Expect nothing less from the BBC which is IMO biased when it comes to Trump, and IMO the above is wishful thinking, but certainly not true, IMO, as regards to putting him on the defensive, or favouring her.

My opinion on the debate, a draw. Trump stayed relatively sane, and Harris had nothing new to say. I doubt a single voter will change their mind on that one.

It was more like a boxing match during which neither boxer managed to get a good punch in, and ended in a draw.

I've said it before, but IMO the debates are a waste of time ( normally, though we probably watch them in hope of a Biden type crash and burn ), and we learn little if anything we don't already know. However, the advertisers will have minted it.

I guess you watched another debate.

On 9/11/2024 at 11:03 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO opinion it was as "contentious" as watching a cat sleeping. Boring more like. It was so gripping I didn't even bother watching and did something more useful, while just listening to it, just in case something did happen. Conversely, during the Biden debate I was virtually glued to the TV.

Oh, you only LISTENED to the debate. I see. I guess that after being glued to Biden's debate meltdown, you had an inkling that Trump would be up against some sterner stuff and you knew, deep down inside your misguided soul, that he didn't have a Scooby. Train wrecks aren't easy things to watch.

I only listened to it as well and I apparently missed Trump's tortured body language as Harris deftly picked on the things that matter to him, his narcissism, fragile ego and his propensity for talking nonsense.

Today, he's beating-off on Taylor Swift's endorsement of his opponent.

• Like 1