TM.7 - Application for Extension Based On Retirement.

Buri Ram Immigration Office.

My list of submitted documents for last year:

. Complete Immigration Form TM.7 with 1 x Photograph.

. Evidence of residency
copy of receipt of TM.30, copy of house owner's blue house book, copy of house owner's ID Card.

. Original Letter from Bank
get letter same day of application of extension, deposit THB100.- proving activity of account and update bankbook.

. Bank statement
covering the last 12 months.

. Copy Bank Book
pages covering the last 12 months, ensure not less than THB800K all year round,

. Copy Passport
photo page and relevant pages only.

. Copy of Departure Card NT14017.

. STM.2 - Complete form regarding 'Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand'.

. Complete form regarding 'The Acknowledgement of Penalties for Visa Overstay'.

Is my list pertaining to the Application for Extension Based On Retirement all comprehensive or have some of the requirements changed specific to the Buri Ram Immigration Office?

11 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

. Evidence of residency
copy of receipt of TM.30, copy of house owner's blue house book, copy of house owner's ID Card.

get letter same day of application of extension, deposit THB100.- proving activity of account and update bankbook.

. Bank statement

. Copy Bank Book

. Copy Passport

. STM.2 - Complete form regarding 'Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand'.

Is my list pertaining to the Application for Extension Based On Retirement all comprehensive or have some of the requirements changed specific to the Buri Ram Immigration Office?

Do you need a copy selfie of your self and house number and possibly a google map copy of your residence ?  I was asked 1 month ago but not at Buriram office ......might be handy to have that tucked away with you....

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

. Evidence of residency

. Bank statement

. Copy Bank Book

. Copy Passport

I use Buriram main IO and normally provide the list above, except for the bank statement, which has never been asked for. Which specific office are you talking about? The office near the football ground, or the main office at the top of the hill?

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Do you need a copy selfie of your self and house number and possibly a google map copy of your residence ?

I too use Buriram but for a Marriage Extension. You need a hand drawn map from their office to your house. Do not do selfies of you and your abode. They will not accept selfies. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

OP, surprised 12 month bank statement required however seems more immigration offices wanting to see that and not just bank book pages photocopies.

TM6 won't be requested. 

At CW I don't supply a TM30 rather just a lease however what you list covers all possibilities..

Also map of where you live. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I use Buriram main IO and normally provide the list above, except for the bank statement, which has never been asked for. Which specific office are you talking about? The office near the football ground, or the main office at the top of the hill?

I use the office near the football ground.

Even though the bank statements weren't specifically requested last year, I didn't want be caught off-guard for any potential issues as I don't live nearby the immigration office.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

Even though the bank statements weren't specifically requested last year, I didn't want be caught off-guard for any potential issues as I don't live nearby the immigration office.

Good idea.

I did 10 extensions at CW and never required 12 month bank statement.

Last year io demanded one.

Apparently the bank book showed couple of months with zero transactions (activities)

I'm providing statement for next extension 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, CapraIbex said:

I use the office near the football ground.

Good plan, pack your folder with copies of every possible IO request you can think of...... 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CapraIbex said:

. Evidence of residency

. Bank statement

. Copy Bank Book

. Copy Passport

Copy of TM6 departure card, no longer required.

You may want to add a map to residence to your list, and a Rental contract.

Cover all possibilities.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CapraIbex said:

. Evidence of residency

. Bank statement

. Copy Bank Book

. Copy Passport

At the Kasikorn Thai bank in Hua Hin, I tried to activate my account by depositing 100 baht, but they said that they couldn't accept such a small amount, so I deposited 1,000 baht.

43 minutes ago, Ombra said:

At the Kasikorn Thai bank in Hua Hin, I tried to activate my account by depositing 100 baht, but they said that they couldn't accept such a small amount, so I deposited 1,000 baht.

Kasikorn will accept a 100b deposit for savings account.

Would seem you have an FD account. For that account the minimum deposit is 1000 baht

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Do you need a copy selfie of your self and house number and possibly a google map copy of your residence ?  I was asked 1 month ago but not at Buriram office ......might be handy to have that tucked away with you....

It might be depending of the province. It's needed where I live – Samui Immigration – but we need a lot extra as retirees, we must also pass a hospital health check; I still wonder what happens, if the doctor don't let me pass...:whistling:

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It might be depending of the province. It's needed where I live – Samui Immigration – but we need a lot extra as retirees, we must also pass a hospital health check; I still wonder what happens, if the doctor don't let me pass...:whistling:

Jeez, I thought that old requirement of providing a medical certificate was thrown out by all Immigration offices years ago.
Samui are still living in the dark ages.

37 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Jeez, I thought that old requirement of providing a medical certificate was thrown out by all Immigration offices years ago

From pinned thread 2019 listing requirements 

"7. Include an original doctor’s letter from a hospital. Thai Inter provides them in 15 mins @THB 250." 

I haven't read and recent reference to need for it..

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"7. Include an original doctor’s letter from a hospital. Thai Inter provides them in 15 mins @THB 250." 

I recall the requirement for a medical letter years ago.
I used to pick mine up at a clinic, 50 BHT, never saw the doctor.

Then long before Covid my IO handed it back and stated not required any more.

Not seen any recent requirements which including a medical report.
If I recall it was for Elephantiases, Leprosy and a couple of other conditions.

Any other IO's still requesting the medical letter?

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Jeez, I thought that old requirement of providing a medical certificate was thrown out by all Immigration offices years ago.
Samui are still living in the dark ages.

It's not that old, it began about a decade ago, so Samui Immigration might live in future ages and other immigration offices will follow...:biggrin: – that has happened to other issues we had to get through with and then it also became part of other immigrations requirements.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's indeed still valid, this is the 2024 requirements list for extension of stay based on retirement...

image.thumb.png.0b29df43ff1da568ffbdaaa95aff8595.png

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

Give him/her a tip, you'll pass. 

23 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's not that old, it began about a decade ago, so Samui Immigration might live in future ages and other immigration offices will follow...:biggrin: – that has happened to other issues we had to get through with and then it also became part of other immigrations requirements.

It's indeed still valid, this is the 2024 requirements list for extension of stay based on retirement...

image.thumb.png.0b29df43ff1da568ffbdaaa95aff8595.png

Interesting list.  Here in Chiang Rai my list for retirement extension was exactly the same as the OPs list.  This new list for 2024 requires a map and a photo.  I’ll have those things with me when I go in December.

• Thanks 1