Delivery of fake order

smedly

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I hope this thread was helpful to peeps, it was intended to be a heads up, I am not stupid and know what I order regardless of payment method, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to pay for something they didn't order

I appreciate the heads up.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

if you never order with COD you'd never be tricked to pay COD as others have reported happens

And if you pay with Card and then cancel or do not get what you ordered., you'll be waiting ages for your refund.  COD for me

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

as I've said already, if you never pay COD and a delivery driver turns up asking for COD you know it's a scam

I think that's on Page 1 of "Lazada for Dummies".  If it's not, it should be.  Simple, and 100% effective.  Nothing to remember.  Nothing to spreadsheet.

Scammers haven't tried pulling that one on me yet.

The scam hitting me lately  is the bait and switch.  You order 1kg product and the half kg is shipped.  It is made right but it is a nuisance to correct.

Another scam happened to me is the shipping defective previously used returned items as brand new hoping you won't bother hassling with the return hassle.

Overall most orders are correct and those not correct are eventually righted.

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Get your family to write down what they've ordered, from whom, how much and day of delivery. 

Or just have a rule - No CoD orders, simple !!... 

As pointed out earlier, this is an individual choice - But I personally find CoD incredibly invonvenient.

My Wife and I are going to go through the extra steps of telling each other what we have ordered... We just know that any delivery guy who turns up asking for CoD is a scam. 

Additionally, we live inside a MooBaan and are rarely in all day, so we don't have to make sure we are there to pay the CoD...  We can just ask the Delivery guy to leave the package on our doorstep.

Hassle free, no messing around waiting for delivery or reorganising delivery for the next day when we may not be in again...  

8 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

Scammers haven't tried pulling that one on me yet.

The scam hitting me lately  is the bait and switch.  You order 1kg product and the half kg is shipped.  It is made right but it is a nuisance to correct.

Another scam happened to me is the shipping defective previously used returned items as brand new hoping you won't bother hassling with the return hassle.

Overall most orders are correct and those not correct are eventually righted.

I had one of those...   a number of years back.

Ordered an SMP Saddle for my bike (about 6000 baht or something like that), a rubbishy phone case arrived.  I went through the complains / returns process highlighting the scam to Lazada, I initiated a return with a complaint and my money was returned.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

if you never order with COD you'd never be tricked to pay COD as others have reported happens

We have a white board in the living room.  Any COD packages are written on that.  If something show up without being on the board - it's rejected.  Simple.

On 9/14/2024 at 2:07 PM, smedly said:

just got contacted by J&T Express saying they had a COD delivery for me from lazada, apart from the fact I hadn't ordered anything I checked the order number and it was bogus, I obviously refused the delivery, it was small box that appeared to be empty if I had to guess, the address was correct etc. Not sure if this is the courier trying it on or what, just a heads up for anyone else who gets a delivery of a package they didn't order

Also easy enough to ask for the order number and check it online. 

3 hours ago, impulse said:

There were times I was in the middle of a project and had 8 or 10 Lazada orders going at the same time for components.

If you live with a wife/GF and/or kids, you can't keep track of what they ordered in your head.

I had a simple, 100% effective scheme for not being duped by the COD scam in the OP.  I paid by K-Bank card in advance, and it would have been stupid to pay for anything that showed up COD.

Sorry mate.

I just bring wife's bags up from security. Never COD. I don't care what she buys as long as she saves 50% of her salary 🤗. I've no kid as well.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not from my experience, can be refund almost immediately, one occasion i got the refund before I'd sent it back. Non CODs are easy

Been waiting for a week for a refund for an order which I cancelled, but is still showing as PENDING on my Debit Card.

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Been waiting for a week for a refund for an order which I cancelled, but is still showing as PENDING on my Debit Card.

That sounds strange, pending would confuse things, anyway, much better than my Decathlon online refund, 3 weeks for something that never left the store

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That sounds strange, pending would confuse things, anyway, much better than my Decathlon online refund, 3 weeks for something that never left the store

Looked on the Debit Card app, and it says that PENDING means that the company from which I bought has earmarked the money but not taken it yet, but it has been deducted from my balance. I think (hope) it will be sorted this week. Lazada are onto it.

Edited by KannikaP