Second Assassination Attempt-Secret Service get Trump to safety

CharlieH

1 hour ago, impulse said:

That's the difference between us and lefties.  I have a ton of lefty friends.  I think they're misguided, mistaken, but I don't think they're mentally ill or evil.

In my very Red neighborhood in Texas, nobody tore down Biden-Harris yard signs in 2020.  But a lot of Trump signs went missing at night.  People wore Biden-Harris hats and t-shirts to neighborhood picnics and nobody batted an eye.  But when guys wore MAGA hats, they were verbally assaulted, and lefties stormed out until they took off their hats.

What you call a lefty is what civilized people in the rest of the world call enlightened conservatives or moderates.

The USA  also calls the mayonnaise type product infused with corn syrup sweetener, Miracle Whip, and  the edible palm oil product used for whitening coffee, "Coffee Mate" .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

What you call a lefty is what civilized people in the rest of the world call enlightened conservatives or moderates.

The USA  also calls the mayonnaise type product infused with corn syrup sweetener, Miracle Whip, and  the edible palm oil product used for whitening coffee, "Coffee Mate" .

Joe Walsh was right when he named that album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Know nothing about guns but if you were to seriously assassinate a person would you not be using one of those sniper guns? 

Certainly an AK 47 is far from the ideal sniper weapon, and fitting it with a telescopic sight is rather like taking a spoonful of sugar with diabetes medicine to make it taste better!

Apparently the Secret Service were alerted when they saw the barrel poking out of a shrubbery! Doesn't sound like the actions of an "expert"!

Then again, looking at some of the photographs published on here of the suspect, with bandannas, body armour, a classic manic stare "et al", perhaps rational thought is not his strongest point!

As has been pointed out, Florida has very lax gun laws (I nearly said liberal but that is a word much misunderstood these days). Sitting in a shrubbery clutching an AK 47 may be eccentric, but is It prosecutable?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

Under trump nobody got in. With him nobody would be getting in

Repeating a false statement does not make it true.

As we have written, apprehensions at the southwest border, were 14.7% higher in Trump’s final year in office compared with the last full year before he was sworn in. See the detailed analysis of Trump's false claims here. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/04/trumps-misleading-chart-on-illegal-immigration/

You are not going to change anyone's position. All you are doing is playing to the existing Trump collective. 

Now you have a new  incident you can claim is part of the big conspiracy.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that RT is hours ahead of western media on this story.  Probably because they compile info from a lot of sources instead of bogarting the "exclusives" like the MSM.

Also interesting that the guy's name was released before they had a chance to wipe his social media...

I'm not going to link, but it's worth a look if you're curious.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tug said:

What’s the fuss Florida is an open carry free to conceal state what could possibly go wrong?going to be interesting to see how this plays out wouldn’t surprise me a bit if it is a false flag operation to boost trumps #s.at least he didn’t get any shots off and as far as I know he wasn’t even taking aim……more to come 

You are so suspicious, Tug. Trump supporters involved, seeking to enhance emotional support for him? OK, fact that I also await the FBI investigation results as I too leave open the possibility for varying motivations. Of course, it could just be a deer hunter ... I am told the AR-15 style weapon is just for hunting ... ha!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You answered your own question, you are a trumpette. Stating and sensationalizing non events or twisting truth and fact to be the fiction to support a POS like trump. I am continually baffled at the ignorance of trumpettes

Not just a Trumpette, a proud one.

He stands for the policies I stand for. As I cannot support gun confiscation, as I cannot support endless foreign wars, a weaponized judiciary, appeasement of terrorists, antisemitism, censorship, the Green New Deal, interference in parental rights, Reparations, Decarbonization and an open border, I have no choice but to be a Trumpette, the name you think is so cute and denigrating, but actually represents what I stand for.

How about you?  What do you stand for? Censorship?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Our lives in America are better than yours.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

That's the difference between us and lefties.  I have a ton of lefty friends.  I think they're misguided, mistaken, but I don't think they're mentally ill or evil.

In my very Red neighborhood in Texas, nobody tore down Biden-Harris yard signs in 2020.  But a lot of Trump signs went missing at night.  People wore Biden-Harris hats and t-shirts to neighborhood picnics and nobody batted an eye.  But when guys wore MAGA hats, they were verbally assaulted, and lefties stormed out until they took off their hats.

Oh, boo hoo. Somebody stole your signs? You were taunted for wearing your hat? Don’t be a crybaby. A person who supports Trump openly favors strongman rule, which is an assault on everything the US stands for, and openly favors the roundup of (20 million?) people who aren’t white and their imprisonment in “camps,” which is barbaric. And much else besides. This is how he says he will govern; there are no secrets. So, I’m sorry, I’m sure that most Trump supporters are good people who have simply been led down an errant path, but I have no sympathy if you’re going to sob about your hat.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

And now you are an expert in administrative criminal law. That is quite a robust education that you have, or did you obtain your expertise from being charged under both state and federal law?

Yes, a crime can violate both state and federal law. Yes, a crime can be investigated and prosecuted in both state and federal court. However, when it comes to (alleged) attempted assassinations of former presidents and of presidential candidates, a state defers to the federal government. No state has ever unilaterally investigated a federal crime.  The federal government though a designated enforcement body, whether the  FBI or Secret Service  is always the lead. 

Should the federal government not be successful in a prosecution, the state can file state law charges. Historically, it is the state governments who have failed to properly investigate and to prosecute and it has been the federal government that steps in to ensure there is justice.  This has been demonstrated with violations of the US Constitution with state refusals to investigate the murder of civil rights workers in the 1960's and with failures by states to implement  desegregation.

Here's a quick and easy reminder. Serious federal crimes,mean that the  federal government will take the lead in the investigation and the prosecution. The state is there to provide support if needed.

Well clearly Im more of an expert than you. By the way, what is "administrative criminal law"?  Attempted murder is defined in criminal law.

You obviously just cut and paste from somewhere. Your ignorance is showing, but since you arent an American, its OK.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Oh, boo hoo. Somebody stole your signs? You were taunted for wearing your hat? Don’t be a crybaby. A person who supports Trump openly favors strongman rule, which is an assault on everything the US stands for, and openly favors the roundup of (20 million?) people who aren’t white and their imprisonment in “camps,” which is barbaric. And much else besides. This is how he says he will govern; there are no secrets. So, I’m sorry, I’m sure that most Trump supporters are good people who have simply been led down an errant path, but I have no sympathy if you’re going to sob about your hat.

Yup.  Another lefty data point.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the 2nd Amendment in the US Constitution, at least how it's been interpreted, but I think if you use it's original meaning, this man should not be charged with any crime. He was trying to protect the US from the destruction of it's government. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

MSNBC Anchor Says Trump Should Tone Down Rhetoric After Potential Second Assassination Attempt

https://dailycaller.com/2024/09/15/msnbc-trump-tone-down-rhetoric-potential-assassination-attempt/

Good advice 

I openly favour the roundup of all illegals who remain after preliminary measures. Its easy.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

On the contrary, the shooter appears to be a member of the Alex Jones.Laura Ingram school of right wing  crackpots. It is telling that the shooter used an AK 47 with scope, a weapon the Democrat and enlightened Republicans want restricted.

Good job NRA.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/09/15/msnbc-trump-tone-down-rhetoric-potential-assassination-attempt/

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

you just proved his point, but totally unaware .

• Like 2