agent to renew driving licence

kwilco

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

There are requirements that you pass an eye exam, peripheral vision, various reflex tests, get a medical certificate, complete road safety training and be photographed for your new driver's license. Highly doubt you would be able to have an "agent" stand in for you.

I have an agent that takes care of  the medical cert. There is an eye test at the licensing office that checks for color blindness and they always have that hokey reflex joke, but I never waste my time at a doctor's office.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

There are requirements that you pass an eye exam, peripheral vision, various reflex tests, get a medical certificate, complete road safety training and be photographed for your new driver's license. Highly doubt you would be able to have an "agent" stand in for you.

Edit: I see Safety First's post above. Amazing Thailand. I live out in the countryside. Have to wonder whether that service is doing things totally above board.

@HappyExpat57 I don't understand what you mean by "I don't waste my time at a doctor's office." DMV tells you, you need to get a medical certificate from a doctor, how are you gonna get around that?

My agent has a doctor who rubber stamps the form. I spend more than enough time seeing doctors for other health issues, I don't need to lie on a table, have a doctor poke my belly, then sign a form saying I'm fit to drive.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Edit: I see Safety First's post above. Amazing Thailand. I live out in the countryside. Have to wonder whether that service is doing things totally above board.

@HappyExpat57 I don't understand what you mean by "I don't waste my time at a doctor's office." DMV tells you, you need to get a medical certificate from a doctor, how are you gonna get around that?

An agent helped me, I did not attend a docs office nor immigration, nor do any online test myself. Yes had to meet them at the DVLC place on Hwy 36, to sign for the making of an appointment, then attend on the day where I did a reaction test, color blindness test... and sit down for the picture. I  think that was all. A trip to immigration in Jomtien is a long trip for me. 

37 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I used TikTok Visa Services on Chayapreuk, Jomtien for my last one and would use them again. Pick up and drop off from my condo for the 2 trips out to the driving licence centre was one of the benefits.

Yes, I noticed them when I was there... the cutest girls!

On 9/16/2024 at 4:25 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

never waste my time at a doctor's office.

5 to 10 min at any local (roadside) clinic. My least concern.

Remarkable what "agents" can do 🤣 

A role model for the level of corruption in this country.

An 80 year old colorblind friend in Jomtien had the agent with him in the room to help with color test. Some ear plug did wonders 🤣

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2024 at 12:28 AM, scubascuba3 said:

i know a massage lady who takes people for licence renewal for 1000-1500

How did you know she can drive stick?

In the US only 10% can.

• Confused 1