Brawl on Bangla Road, Transgender Woman Assaults Tourist

webfact

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The racial prejudice of some races by Asians has been around for a very long time.

Nothing to do with 'Caucasian' influences although those influences may just re-enforce that prejudice..

Not sure if I agree with that assessment. Thirty-forty years ago I would say Thailand seemed to have a childlike naivety about racial differences. You don't think some of the racial animus voiced quite often on this forum has bled through to the local population? A British bar owner (just as an example) explaining to the mama san that 'this is a British bar, most of our customers are British, our customers don't like it when racial minorities come into the bar, so please tell the girls to discourage their patronage.' plays a role?

That over time, an attitude that mistreatment of these groups is more likely to be tolerated because many bar owners and clientele are hostile to these groups? I think I've seen that this goes on, and I would also point out that many of those bars are largely racially segregated, meaning they cater exclusively to a given racial clientele.

The other factor which might explain these incidents involving racial minorities is that because of the cold reception they often receive in some of the bars, they end up down on Beach Rd where there are more scammers, more people with drug problems, criminal histories, etc. The point I'm really trying to make is that I don't think people should necessarily draw the conclusion that incidents involving racial minority tourists necessarily means those racial minorities are misbehaving and must have done something to instigate the incident. I think we might be in agreement that bias towards racial minorities, setting aside for the moment the question about the root cause, may help explain some of these incidents.

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I suspect that the Arabs and Indians treat the whores like whores.

Whereas the Caucasian’s are famous for treating them as girlfriends and even wives and buying them houses etc.

That's a valid point, and cultural differences in the approach to engaging a prostitute probably do play a role.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Crossdressing men, as they are neither ladies nor boys :coffee1:

Yeah, it´s interesting how many different name we make up, just to make it sound less harsh and to normalize things that ain´t.

That best one that amazes me all the time are westerners view of girls who sell their bodies. In their home country, they would call them a hooker, but here they say they married a bar girl, just to make it sound more nice and comfortable. Talking straight: They married a hooker!

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

According to Thai media reports, violence broke out again in Patong, Phuket. Two incidents involving tourists left one man unconscious and another man seriously injured in the head after being hit by a woman.

Fight on Bangla Road

At approximately 7:10 am, three Middle Eastern male tourists were involved in a physical altercation on Bangla Road. Witnesses reported that the men had been drinking heavily, and an argument quickly escalated into a brawl.

Two of the men fought each other while the third attempted to separate them. The conflict intensified until one of the men delivered a knockout punch, causing his opponent to fall unconscious onto the road.

Local resident Mr. Phisit captured the chaotic scene on video, showing the tourists' friends struggling to break up the fight. Eventually, bystanders intervened and assisted in transporting the injured man to Patong Hospital for treatment. The cause of the altercation remains unclear, and authorities have yet to release an official statement.

Tourist Assault on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road

Earlier that morning, at around 6:30 am, a 27-year-old Indian national was injured when struck on the forehead by a transgender woman wielding a mobile phone. The incident occurred near Patong Police Station.

The victim recounted that he had met the woman, named Athit Saengsuk, near Soi Bangla, and they had walked together to Ko Daeng Seafood restaurant on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road. During an ensuing argument, Athit struck the man on the forehead with her phone.

Pol Lt Wisanu Chumee of the Patong Police confirmed that witnesses saw the two arguing in front of the restaurant before the assault took place. The Indian tourist filed an official complaint, and the investigation is ongoing, reported Thae Phuket News.

Authorities are questioning witnesses and reviewing evidence to determine the argument's cause.

TOP: Composite pictures courtesy: The Phuket News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-16

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Should be glad it was not a high-hell stiletto.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/police-raid-in-na-jomtien-uncovers-indian-call-scam-operation

There are more headlines like these. Took me like 5 seconds of a search to uncover this article above.

You've not been out enough my friend.

Why would the fact that a few bars don't allow Indians compel them to crowd freelancers on beach road? That reasoning doesn't fly very far at all. It is because they are cheap and enjoy doing these gang bangs and humiliate women. Do some more Google searches about India's violence towards women.

Believe me. I don't like beer bars or go go's. I find girl friends and companionship on Thaifriendly and many of the girls have "no india man" in their profiles. There is a reason for that.

I think you're making my point that Caucasian men's racial and ethnic prejudices have to a significant degree played a role in inculcating these same prejudices in Thais. The mechanism for this was spelled out in an earlier post. There's no way these biases are as entrenched in the general population as they are in sex tourism centers like Pattaya and Phuket. Here you are legitimizing these prejudices based on anecdotal accounts and hackneyed clichés about body odor, call center scams, 3 way sex negotiations, three straws in a can of pop. You seem to have some very outspoken opinions on this subject, and I can't help but wonder if you have ever voiced these opinions to any of your Thaifriendly "dates."

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 2