Violent Brawl Between Drunk Australian Tourists Shocks Pattaya

webfact

58 minutes ago, itsari said:

The derogitry word they use for an Englishman is no different from using the N word .

They have been blessed by the high court in Australia to use the word when an attempt to outlaw it  failed.

That says much about Australia in my opinion .

Just keep the word at home please.

Actually Pom is almost a term of endearment in Australia as is bastard but nowhere near as insulting as the N word.  Australians are not as ignorant of their history as some other western nations that consider themselves superior, so we know most of us originate from the UK or Europe.  We speak and know how to spell the Queens English.  We also know our govt lied to attract British migrants turning them into "whinging poms".  Australians dont tend to put sh*t on ourselves or our forefathers so no, you are incorrect in saying Pom is a "derogitry" term and to describe it as such considering the facts, makes no sense at all.  My father was a Cockney and my best mate came from Liverpool but we still called english people Poms as did they.

Could you not raise the 1 pound required for assisted migration and so missed out?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Actually Pom is almost a term of endearment in Australia as is bastard but nowhere near as insulting as the N word.  Australians are not as ignorant of their history as some other western nations that consider themselves superior, so we know most of us originate from the UK or Europe.  We speak and know how to spell the Queens English.  We also know our govt lied to attract British migrants turning them into "whinging poms".  Australians dont tend to put sh*t on ourselves or our forefathers so no, you are incorrect in saying Pom is a "derogitry" term and to describe it as such considering the facts, makes no sense at all.  My father was a Cockney and my best mate came from Liverpool but we still called english people Poms as did they.

Could you not raise the 1 pound required for assisted migration and so missed out?

The N word is used amongst them selves too.

Keep it in Australia

On 9/17/2024 at 3:29 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On the evening of September 15, Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya was the scene of a shocking and violent altercation between two inebriated Australian tourists. This confrontation, which unfolded in front of a stunned crowd, underscores the growing problem of public disorder in the area.

The fracas erupted between the two men, both heavily intoxicated, one of whom claimed to be a police officer while flashing a badge. This dubious assertion did nothing to quell the situation. Instead, it highlighted a disturbing trend of disorderly behaviour among some tourists, undermining local authority.

By the time the local police arrived, the situation had escalated with the two men resistant to any attempts to restore calm. Officers struggled for over 30 minutes to control the belligerent tourists, showcasing the challenges of maintaining public safety amid such volatile incidents.

Local residents and bystanders proved instrumental in eventually separating the fighting men. However, the scene took an even darker turn when one of the tourists launched into a tirade of profanities directed at the police.

The incident paints a broader picture of some visitors' reckless behaviour and their blatant disrespect for local laws and enforcement.

Eyewitnesses noted that the two men had been drinking together earlier in the evening, indicating a prior relationship that devolved into conflict. Strikingly, neither party chose to press charges, reflecting an unsettling acceptance of such brawls as typical rather than criminal.

Residents have expressed concern over the increasing frequency of such disturbances. “This is becoming a regular occurrence,” one local commented. “It raises serious questions about the effectiveness of local law enforcement in managing public order.”

As these incidents become more common, it's clear that Pattaya faces significant challenges in addressing the root causes of this rampant disorder. Without meaningful intervention, the city’s reputation risk becoming synonymous with such disruptive behaviour, overshadowing its appeal as a holiday destination, reported Pattaya Mail.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-17

Who writes these ridiculous flowery reports? The excessive use of adjectives and adverbs to dramatize a routine and boring situation is painful to read. Why can't they just write the news?

We could write about this in one line. It's a non-event to everyone including the police. The sky will not fall. Pattaya's reputation will not be tarnished LOL

Just now, JensenZ said:

Who writes these ridiculous flowery reports? The excessive use of adjectives and adverbs to dramatize a routine and boring situation is painful to read. Why can't they just write the news?

We could write about this in one line. It's a non-event to everyone including the police. The sky will not fall. Pattaya's reputation will not be tarnished LOL

Or.......

Who writes these ridiculous flowery reports?

Only joshing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who finds these embellished reports hard to bear.

Street brawls have now become mainline stories.

The education system should devote some time to teaching this next generation how to film these events properly.....some of the footage is atrocious.....555

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

The education system should devote some time to teaching this next generation how to film these events properly.....some of the footage is atrocious.....555

LOL... I didn't get as far as watching the video. These "reporters" are the only ones tarnishing the image of Pattaya because, without reports of these (non) events, no one would know or care.

They talk about 2 Australians brawling. This is nothing compared to the brawls I've seen back home in Australia.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, itsari said:

The N word is used amongst them selves too.

Keep it in Australia

We dont actually, you are completely wrong again there.  The N word is purely American and the English have completely different slang just as Australia has its own.  Do some research before looking stupid spouting incorrect information.  

And what is it that makes you so obviously jealous of Australians?

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

We dont actually, you are completely wrong again there.  The N word is purely American and the English have completely different slang just as Australia has its own.  Do some research before looking stupid spouting incorrect information.  

And what is it that makes you so obviously jealous of Australians?

Obviously jealous ??? OH boy 

My research was over a 15 year period and I know the word is a derogatory term .

On 9/17/2024 at 4:42 AM, Olsworth said:

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a family destination where I can bring my children? 

There are many good places in Thailand for families;  Good research is required online, however.

3 hours ago, MarkBR said:

There are many good places in Thailand for families;  Good research is required online, however.

Including Pattaya. I know some remarkable success stories. Large middle class here and good schools.