Heavy duty speaker stands in Thailand? Where to buy them or get them custom made?

OneMoreFarang

I have some powerful speakers (studio monitors), and I need some speaker stands for them.

One option would be ready made, i.e. from steel, or custom made according to what I want.

My speakers have mounting holes in the bottom and I want to screw the stand together with the speakers.

Best case would be if I can fill the stands with sand for vibration damping.

Does anybody here have a recommendation?

I have something like this in my mind - just a rough idea.

UltraBookshelfStandZOOM_900x.jpg?v=15714

or 

Quattro_Five_1000_ml.jpg

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

....and you live in a condo???

Yes, with relatively good sound isolation and only one neighbor who is often not at home.

I don't really want to play very loud music; I want to play music in best possible quality. To be able to do that the speakers should be at the perfect height. And the stands should be stable and not vibrate in any way.

Lots of experts like the idea of stands filled with sand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NativeBob said:

I thought you know about China Town and Speaker area there? 

Thanks for the reminder.

I found something which looked promising, made in Thailand and today I contacted the manufacturer in Thailand. Unfortunately, the top plate of their stands does not match the holes in the bottom of my speakers.

Maybe it's time for me to visit NEP and look what they have in their showroom. 

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for the reminder.

I found something which looked promising, made in Thailand and today I contacted the manufacturer in Thailand. Unfortunately, the top plate of their stands does not match the holes in the bottom of my speakers.

Hmmmm... how about some dril?

But start with Bang Mo good idea! I've been there almost every week long time ago. Lovely place. 

2 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Hmmmm... how about some dril?

But start with Bang Mo good idea! I've been there almost every week long time ago. Lovely place. 

I am also sure I still have boxes full of electronic parts which I bought there over the years. 

I remember how exited I was when I discovered streets full of cheap electronic parts. Paradise! 

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am also sure I still have boxes full of electronic parts which I bought there over the years. 

I remember how exited I was when I discovered streets full of cheap electronic parts. Paradise! 

I could manage THX (well Dah 6.2) incl. amps and even filters for tweeters and woofers over there back when Panasonic made first 5.1 DVD player (from Japan). 

Now it looks silly but back then I was so excited!

PS: as well as my neighbors. Not! 

Paradigm STUD 20 on wall mounted stands and an Alpha 8R amp are good enough for me at my age, 76.

My bro in UK has some 30+ year old Tannoy 15 ' concentric cabinets. Too heavy to go on stands, but the tweeter is not at the best height for hi-fi. But a lovely warm sound if you sit level with them.

Would these meet the OP's needs?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/orz-rosewood-walnut-black-surround-sound-speaker-bookshelf-stand-i3117076396.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/qbag-rosewood-black-walnut-surround-sound-speaker-bookshelf-stand-i246816447.html

Otherwise, I'd head over to Ban Mo.

Edit:  In case you have F..Me money, I did a sort from high price to low and found these:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/klipsch-ks-24-bookshelf-i4837603550.html

Several other redonculous prices with a Lazada search for "speaker stands"

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Shame they are out of stock, and zero reviews. But they look nice.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Would these meet the OP's needs?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/orz-rosewood-walnut-black-surround-sound-speaker-bookshelf-stand-i3117076396.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/qbag-rosewood-black-walnut-surround-sound-speaker-bookshelf-stand-i246816447.html

Otherwise, I'd head over to Ban Mo.

Edit:  In case you have F..Me money, I did a sort from high price to low and found these:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/klipsch-ks-24-bookshelf-i4837603550.html

Several other redonculous prices with a Lazada search for "speaker stands"

Thanks. 

I don't think possibly vibrating wood is a good idea.

The Klipsch look about what I want. I still have to check the exact height which I need, and I have to check that the mounting holes on the stand and speaker match.

15k (for one or a pair?) is a lot of money, but maybe I would spend it if they are perfect.

I think basically they are a few pieces of steel welded together. If should be possible to get the same in Thailand custom made for less - at least that is my hope.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know anything has a resonance frequency. 

It seems sand is good at damping the resonance. 

In the distant past, cabinets were made with sand inside them to prevent resonant vibrations. 

• Confused 1

On 9/17/2024 at 5:04 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for the reminder.

Make a plate that matches your speakers and bolt that  to the top plate of the stands. Put some silicone caulking between the plates before you bolt them together just in case they vibrate against each other.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ronster said:

Piyanas and there are some available on Lazada also . Possibly mahajak worth checking too.

Piyanas gets my vote. I was able to demo all the equipment for my cinema at their Fortune Town store

https://www.piyanas.com/search?search_type=3&search_keyword=Speaker+stand

Edited by Bandersnatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might sound crazy but check out Ikea wooden plant pot stands.  I've used them for years.  They are the perfect height, can drill through easily, and for heft you can put a big plant or whatever on the lower shelf. 

The model I use is now not sold, but there may still be decent options for the budget conscious. 

Btw I drive Bluesound Duo 2.1's with Parasound 200 Integrated.  Absolutely perfect sound for the price point. 

Edited by SportRider