Social Media Outrage as Tourists Blatantly Urinate on Pattaya Beach

webfact

10 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Considering the raw sewage that flows into the sea and the propensity for tossing rubbish into the sea, perhaps the tourists thought peeing on the beach was also acceptable?

I completely forgot about this. I've not lived or been to Pattaya in almost 15 years, but it was (is?) well known amongst the vendors that raw sewage ran right into the bay

It is us who is having the Pi$$ taken out of us ( yet again)   Just think about it for a minute.

I don't think there has been any outrage, certainly not on the scale implied by the headline,    The article  claims its all gone "viral " but it seems that in reality somebody who is a member of a "facebook group" simply  posted it to the rest of the group I know little about social media but I would imagine that can be achieved by one person pressing one button on a keyboard    There then followed a few comments from other members of the group which is only to be expected by the sort of people who join these groups,   (for many its their reason for living)

And then the alleged comments themselves . I don't think I have ever heard or read the actual phrase  " ruin Pattayas reputation as a world class family resort"  anywhwere except on this forum or from the Pattaya mail.  I have never met anybody Thai or western  who considers it to  have the reputation of  "a world class family resort" or who fears for that reputation. 

Stories about foreigners behaving badly  generate a lot of activity on this forum, the mere mention of the phrase " social media  outrage" is like a battle cry to the more sanctimonious types on this forum, who obediently rush to their  keyboards  some desperately virtue signalling , with the usual, tired, and predictable  "quality tourist" type remarks, or calling for deportation or worse

Whilst others will enthusiastically  take the opportunity, in the abscence of any information, to place the blame at which ever nationality, currently trending,   they think they can blame without appearing racist.  British or Russian  are always safe options  when caucasians are involved.

In this headline, like many others of a similar nature, the  phrase "social media outrage" is not a report about what has taken place, but a prediction of the reaction about to happen on this forum

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Plenty bars and restos on beach road, 5 or 10 baht will let you use them..there's no excuse 

You are correct . However most of those bar toilets are filthy and not cleaned on a regular basis . I do not need to add descriptions . I would not want young children or ladies to use them . Pattaya is a major tourist venue and should be providing up to date , well maintained with an attendant  ,  toilet facilities to the public at many convenient ( pun ) locations . 

BTW , hands up if you have never pissed in the sea when swimming and therefore unexposed  . The guy in question should be fined for public indecency as he was fully exposed and wearing socks with sandals 😄 . If I am caught short ,  can always find a place of privacy . 

What is happening is that for some of these Asian tourists this is a normal day to day action . Also entering swimming pools wearing their underwear . Defecating in their hometown streets is common . 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mdr224 said:

Thats a good point. Charging to use the toilet is a good enough reason for me to piss into the ocean. I dont blaame others for doing it

The guy wasnt in the ocean...so your a cheap Charlie wanting a poor country to provide free toilets at their own expense...go back to your own country if you can't afford to pay for a pee, your ilke isnt  wanted here

• Sad 1

The city fathers of Pattaya, called the council, it its endless wisdom, had previously huge screens installed along the Jomtien beach; half of them broken, some of them completely down the shoot and literally nobody watching. Apart from the silly investment the running costs (electricity springs to mind) must have been mind-blowing. 

So, to make Jomtien more attractive, the mayor and his goons opted for commission-promising screens but to this day I have not seen a single public toilet. 

The toilets on the land side of the road are there. Very often marked in Thai (สุขา),  bathrooms/rest rooms (ห้องน้ำ) and two-tier pricing applies as well in some places. Latter are privately operated and mostly smelly, dirty and very "un-Thai". 

Maybe less screens and other crap along the beach and proper toilets would be a step in the right direction?

In closing, if urine is the only waste in the shallow waters of Pattaya and surrounding, then my prayers have been heard and all is good. The water probes from any hotel or public pool would result in much higher urine content than ........ the sea anywhere 😉 

5 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

Correct  restricted version is peeing on the side of the road standing in plain view of on comming traffic

Didn't know that is restricted, so common it is accross the country. 

Wonder how much netizen outrage because of that

49 minutes ago, mdr224 said:

Why are you defending a country that has racist double tiered pricing. People like you are part of the problem

Thais and foreigners pay the same, 5 or 10 baht...where's the double pricing..and to be honest there is Central festival that is free..nah, your just a cheap Charlie arrogant falang that has no right to be here..go home