Pager Explosions in Lebanon Target Hezbollah Members 9 Dead Thousands Injured

Social Media

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm just saying that the numbers don't work out if you kill 9 terrorists, injure a couple hundred more, and radicalize thousands to their cause at the same time.  You're going backwards.  That's pragmatism, not ant-Semitism.

I'm 100% in favor of wiping out Hamas and Hezbollah fighters.  But not if it's in a way that's going to create hundreds more to take their place.

Its just in your imagination that 1000's of others are being radicalised 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you read my whole post ?

My point was that even if Hezbollah were not  terrorist group and if they were a regular army , this STILL wouldn't have been a terror attack (by Israel) , because the target were enemy combatants 

That's not what you wrote, I quoted what you wrote 

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Have you ever, ever, ever, seen me say that's okay? 

That dead 9 year old kid...  Not a terrorist.  But I'll bet his family is signing up as a we type this. 

And it's quite possible he also has family in London, Paris and NYC, who will be looking for payback.

Her father would have been a terrorist which is the only explanation for why she would have had a terrorist issued pager.  Maybe now he has lost his daughter he will reflect on his poor life choices that led to this and change his ways.   

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maybe now he has lost his daughter he will reflect on his poor life choices that led to this and change his ways.   

No I think he will be even more enraged and determined for some payback  now that he has much less to loose.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

He was saying this attack could lead to more support for Hezbollah, possibly worldwide, which could lead to attacks on jews. 

So that's criticism of the action here of the state of Israel.

He is not claiming it's acceptable to attack Jews worldwide. He's saying that that may be a consequence of this attack.

Holding all Jews responsible for the action of some Jews (the government of Israel) is the definition of antisemitism.  European antisemitism arose because early Christians considered all Jews the descendants of the killers of Christ and therefore deserving of punishment.  The antisemitism in the Arab world has its roots in the interpretation of certain verses in the Koran coupled with the second-class status of Jews and Christians as dhimmis under sharia law.  Dhimmis are "People of the Book,"  mainly Jews and Christians, who live under the control of a Muslim state.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Holding all Jews responsible for the action of some Jews (the government of Israel) is the definition of antisemitism.  European antisemitism arose because early Christians considered all Jews the descendants of the killers of Christ and therefore deserving of punishment.  The antisemitism in the Arab world has its roots in the interpretation of certain verses in the Koran coupled with the second-class status of Jews and Christians as dhimmis under sharia law.  Dhimmis are "People of the Book,"  mainly Jews and Christians, who live under the control of a Muslim state.

Worth pointing out that there are also Muslims in the Israeli Government , its not just Jews .

9 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

"Holding all Jews responsible for the action of some Jews (the government of Israel) is the definition of antisemitism. "

Which wasn't done. Reading before replying is a good idea.

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"Holding all Jews responsible for the action of some Jews (the government of Israel) is the definition of antisemitism. "

Which wasn't done. Reading before replying is a good idea.

I have read the post.  You and I must have very different interpretations of  @impulse's post:

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Sure they can.  In London.  In Paris.  In NYC.  If they believe that a Jew is a Jew is a Jew.

Israel is a hard target.  Other Jews around the world, not so hard.

The "Sure they can" was referring to a previous post that said Hezbollah lacked the ability to respond to the pager attack.  @impulse then named other cities in the world where Jews could be attacked.  If "a Jew is a Jew is a Jew" and Jews in London, Paris and NYC can be attacked because of a covert op by the Israeli government, then all Jews are being held responsible for the action of a few Jews in a different country.  That is indeed the definition of antisemitism.  

I didn't say @impulse was an anti-Semite.  He was describing a possible course of action by Hezbollah that would be antisemitic.  Many pro-Palestinians have said Hamas and Hezbollah are anti-Zionist but not antisemitic.  Any time any group or nation- doesn't matter if it is Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran,  the pro-Palestinian protesters on U.S. campuses, anti-Israel posters on AN or the KKK- holds any Jews responsible for the policies and actions of the Israeli government other than the members of that government, it's blatant antisemitism.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I have read the post.  You and I must have very different interpretations of  @impulse's post:

The "Sure they can" was referring to a previous post that said Hezbollah lacked the ability to respond to the pager attack.  @impulse then named other cities in the world where Jews could be attacked.  If "a Jew is a Jew is a Jew" and Jews in London, Paris and NYC can be attacked because of a covert op by the Israeli government, then all Jews are being held responsible for the action of a few Jews in a different country.  That is indeed the definition of antisemitism.  

I didn't say @impulse was an anti-Semite.  He was describing a possible course of action by Hezbollah that would be antisemitic.  Many pro-Palestinians have said Hamas and Hezbollah are anti-Zionist but not antisemitic.  Any time any group or nation- doesn't matter if it is Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran,  the pro-Palestinian protesters on U.S. campuses, anti-Israel posters on AN or the KKK- holds any Jews responsible for the policies and actions of the Israeli government other than the members of that government, it's blatant antisemitism.

As you said, his post was pointing out Hezbollah reasoning. Nick implied that being anti Semitic from Impulse, I pointed out that a possible course of action from Hezbollah doesn't mean the poster is anti Semitic.

You replied to that "Holding all Jews responsible for the action of some Jews (the government of Israel) is the definition of antisemitism. ".

Nobody was doing that, so either you didn't read the discussion you were replying to or were implying something that wasn't said.

And that's the end of this for me. I'm not going to reply to perceived anti semitism when there was none. Neither am i going to reply to you claiming you were referring to Hezbollah being anti Semitic when that was clearly not the case earlier.

Edited by stevenl
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Question : If a mobile phone has a lithium battery or similar, is it possible for someone who knows the mobile number to somehow detonate the phone without even previously getting access to the phone to put explosives in it?

Totally possible. Although just knowing the number isn’t enough: you have to add ‘#*’ before dialing, to activate the lithium-TNT mode. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

This was, by definition, a terrorist act. But for some reason, terrorism is acceptable when it is committed by Jews.

https://www.caitlinjohnst.one/p/turning-people-into-involuntary-suicide

Even Moslim or G*d forbid christian jews? There are so many, can say "50 shades of jew". But I assume there much more than 50

I even knew one ladyboy pimp who was that one ^^^

Will Hezbollah cease to exist after this attack? Don’t think so. It seems like yet another tactical victory for Israel, which will likely be followed by the continued strategic decline of the Jewish state project.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Will Hezbollah cease to exist after this attack? Don’t think so. It seems like yet another tactical victory for Israel, which will likely be followed by the continued strategic decline of the Jewish state project.

So, yet another victory for the Palestinians ?

They never seem to lose anything , they win every time 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

This was, by definition, a terrorist act. But for some reason, terrorism is acceptable when it is committed by Jews.

This wasn't a terrorist attack, but go on , give your definition of what  makes this a terrorist attack .

How could this be a terrorist attack ?

12 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Question : If a mobile phone has a lithium battery or similar, is it possible for someone who knows the mobile number to somehow detonate the phone without even previously getting access to the phone to put explosives in it?

It would no doubt require some very clever software programming and engineering.

Right up Israel's street!

24 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Given where most users keep pagers and similar devices, they probably won't breeding for a while!

As you said, his post was pointing out Hezbollah reasoning. Nick implied that being anti Semitic from Impulse, I pointed out that a possible course of action from Hezbollah doesn't mean the poster is anti Semitic.

Can you stop  making these falae claims , I asked a question , I didn't make any accusation , assumption or imply anything .

I asked a poster a question, a question that he failed to reply to . 

The question is still out there .

So, do stop saying that I implied anything or accused anyone 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Walkie talkies now exploding in Lebanon, this gets better and better. No need to bomb them back to the stone age, this will get them there in short order.  Microwaves and Air Fryers next? 

Sounds like Israel are crippling Hezbollah's ability to communicate with each other , could be getting ready for a ground invasion of Lebanon