Daikin - the worst garbage aircon

Celsius

Lived in many different condos over the years. Most have Daikin aircons. After literally  6 months of moving in (no exceptions) every single one starts leaking. 

This last one ruined a beautiful 55 inch bedroom TV from all the water leakage.

Why are they so crap?

• Haha 2

We have installed well over 100 air conditioning units, the Daikin ones are the worst we’ve installed in the last 10 years. The covers go brown, the vane cover changes color at a different rate, they are not sealed for geckos and the logic boards break. They are expensive to repair, when the outside unit goes specifically the power board it’s cheaper to throw them away and fit a new one,

We now fit TCL as standard and it’s a far superior product.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

We have installed well over 100 air conditioning units, the Daikin ones are the worst we’ve installed in the last 10 years. The covers go brown, the vane cover changes color at a different rate, they are not sealed for geckos and the logic boards break. They are expensive to repair, when the outside unit goes specifically the power board it’s cheaper to throw them away and fit a new one,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Garbage 

Well I have a completely opposite story. With our properties we have over 50 aircons, 80% being Daikin. And other than a shorted electronic board in one unit (lizard) which was still under warranty I have never any problems with Daikin (as opposed to some of the LG and Samsung I had previously). Daikin inverter units are excellent.

On our apartment complex I now replace with 'hi-sense', mostly because of the cost (and some of the other brands like 'hi-sense' are a good buy).

So for me Daikin, yes are expensive, but in my opinion one the best on the market at that price range.

Of course there will be a few more posts disliking them, but at least you have my opinion.

• Agree 1

Maybe the problem are the people who installed them.

Every AC leaks if the water is not drained properly.

I bought DAIKIN because it seems they have the best reputation from people who know about ACs.

Until now, maybe a year since installation, they work great.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

So for me Daikin, yes are expensive

It also depends on the individual AC models.

I bought Daikin ACs with WLAN remote control. I can control them from anywhere, i.e. I switch them on maybe 5min before I return home.

It's up to each of us if we want to use extra features and if we want to pay for them.

55 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

We have installed well over 100 air conditioning units, the Daikin ones are the worst we’ve installed in the last 10 years. The covers go brown, the vane cover changes color at a different rate, they are not sealed for geckos and the logic boards break.

I have 2 Daikin's - 2 Fujitsu and 1 LG, all installed at the same time approx 12 years ago.

Fujitsu and LG all yellow, Daikin still sparkling white.

LG had repairs twice already, once indoor unit and once compressor PCB.

The Daikins are in use every day, while the others are only occasionally, but get started at least once a month to prevent seals dry out

We also had a Daikon aircon unit because we thought it was the best you could get and yes it dripped water a lot just like the LG we  previously had. 

We now have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim inverter. In the end it dripped. They all do if not frequently cleaned but the Mitsubish drips a lot less than the  Daikin did.

As some already mentioned, if the installation is not done proberly, then it's not the problem of the Aircon Unit!

I have now Daikin since about 3 years, and I am more happy with them than with the panasonic before.
And yes, you should clean your aircon from time to time, then the dripping water should be much less a problem, especially when you use your aircon a lot. And I not talk about cleaning the filter. A Aircon cleaner cost about 300-500 per Unit and should be done about every 6 months (depending on the usage).

Anyone experience with Central air cons? saw them in a Hotel and was impressed very quiet with a nice remote. Never seen them mentioned on here, have to replace old Mitsu heavy duty as it sounds like a motorbike at time even though it's always been cleaned, even taken apart a couple of times. 

Just now, Celsius said:

Lived in many different condos over the years. Most have Daikin aircons. After literally  6 months of moving in (no exceptions) every single one starts leaking. 

Why are they so crap?

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

I hate to be Mr "well I must say I have never had that problem", but mine has been running without problem for 15 years, it is also very quiet.

20 minutes ago, proton said:

Anyone experience with Central air cons? saw them in a Hotel and was impressed very quiet with a nice remote. Never seen them mentioned on here, have to replace old Mitsu heavy duty as it sounds like a motorbike at time even though it's always been cleaned, even taken apart a couple of times. 

Central air is expensive but good.   Mitsubishi I have is 10yrs and still strong.   

4 hours ago, Celsius said:

Why are they so crap?

expect a visit from the authorities.  your defamation say's it all.