Brace for a downpour: 42 provinces in for a wet and wild ride

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

Getting pretty fed up of it now, heavy rain for the vast majority of September so far

My neck of the woods there's been a few sporadic showers... mostly late afternoon, early evening with daytime's ok, certainly no long lasting heavy downpours...

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Getting pretty fed up of it now, heavy rain for the vast majority of September so far

Wow really? We only get a little rain here. Very little. Even though the sea is a km from me. The storms seem to go around us. Even now it is sunny and hot and humid. Running the A/C all day and night. I wish we could have some of these storms to cool the area down. 

Last evening between 5 and 6 30 pm we experienced a storm of immense power . The rain was the heaviest that my pal had seen in over 25 years in Thailand . Our large metal gutters could not cope and were overflowing . Visibility down to about 200 yards and lots of lightening / thunder . Strangely both Surin and Buriram ( nearby towns )  reported zero rainfall on the TMD website 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, superal said:

Last evening between 5 and 6 30 pm we experienced a storm of immense power . The rain was the heaviest that my pal had seen in over 25 years in Thailand . Our large metal gutters could not cope and were overflowing . Visibility down to about 200 yards and lots of lightening / thunder . Strangely both Surin and Buriram ( nearby towns )  reported zero rainfall on the TMD website 

Yes, lovely I thought. Certainly won't run out of water 40 metres down next drought season (not that we ever have).