What is a good sandwich filler? except cheese or ham

scubascuba3

1 minute ago, 818Pilot said:

Were you born yesterday or locked in a closet all your life that you can’t figure out what to put in a sandwich?! 

Adults need to not let their children play with phones! 

You're no use at all, amazing how trolls like you come out, usually they say Google it

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Best to avoid mayo as well, this is  a healthy thread

Make your  own with your 'healthier' oil choice.   Also I disagree with processed meats & cheeses being unhealthy, depending on which.  

That food pyramid is total BS, don't believe all the healthy advice they push, of carb/fiber diet with low fats (meats & fat) as being debunked all the time now.

Keto & carnivore diets cut out a lot of that so called 'healthy' eating.   I'm following a keto ish diet now, and when I do eat the wrong carbs, it's an immediate negative effect on my body.

We truly have been brainwashed by the 'health experts', which I completely ignore now.

On topic, I've yet to find much of anything, I couldn't put on bread or wrap up that didn't taste good.   Use a bit of common sense, but anything you'll put on  plate to eat, usually goes good on bread or wrapped in flatbread or tortilla.

Homemade dressing make for a much healthier choice for condiments than unhealthy store bought slop with 20 ingredients you can't pronounce.   Mayo is egg, oil, vinegar, seasoning as base, the rest is optional.   Make small batches as without the chemicals, it won't last long in the frig.  Same with homemade ketchup/tom. sauce.   Mustard will last longer, due to PH level.  Same with chili sauce.

Happy Munchin' ... 🥪🥪🥪

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I don't sit and eat a whole jar of it, what is unhealthy about mayo ? going by you I wouldn't eat anything and starve to death, I've made it to 73 by eating food I enjoy and have never been over 65 kilos. In fact I have had Chesse sandwiches almost everyday of my life since I can remember. Cheese and Marmalade is also nice. Edit And I also smoke and drink beer. 

What's your LDL? BTW i don't expect you to know 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Now eating my go to sarny, Chesse, Branston pickle original, toasted cheap whole meal bread with low fat marge. I have been toasting my bread first recently as it doesn't bloat me so much.  

Low fat marge, hilarious. What do you think keeps the margarine solid? A real low fat marge would be a liquid.

Toasting bread does nothing to reduce carb content, unless one turns it to charcoal.. The heat induces Maillard reactions on the surface, causing browning. The reduction in bloating is probably psychological.

I am partial to ham, cheese, and Branston pickle (chunky ) myself.

In answer to the OP, smoked salmon, capers and avocado.

Smoked salmon

Tinned Sardines

Cabecera de Lomo

Serrano Ham or TMG Blackforest ham

Beef Pastrami

TMG Roast Chicken

Add onion and shredded salad and tomato, plus sauce condiment to kick up to delicious level.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This was the first result on Google

Screenshot_2024-09-24-13-55-26-618_com.android.chrome~3.jpg

Emphasis on 'eating too much', and usually applies to most things.  

Also depends how old their info is, and what studies based on.  As stated, I don't listen to any of it any more.   I listen to my body, and it tells me almost immediately.  

Past couple months has been very eye opening, since I adjusted my diet to heavier intake of protein & fats (moderate) diet, and cutting most grains, breads (trying), carbs/starches (especially) & sugars (simple/compound).

I'll only eat bread, if it's loaded up with protein & fat, like the double pepperoni pizza last night.  With a walk afterwards, and makes a huge difference, what, how, when you eat, 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arick said:

A big weiner with juicy sauce on it stick it in a bun and suck on it

Oh a Bun sorry................:cheesy:.....must be all the bad food I eat not good for my eyesight. Thought I had 'dicklessier' for a minute.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I don't worry about it, I avoid doctors as much as is possible, unlike some that go running to a hospital every time they fart, maybe not worrying about would reduce your stress level.

So, presumably, you don't bother having your car checked?

• Confused 3

16 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I don't sit and eat a whole jar of it, what is unhealthy about mayo ? going by you I wouldn't eat anything and starve to death, I've made it to 73 by eating food I enjoy and have never been over 65 kilos. In fact I have had Chesse sandwiches almost everyday of my life since I can remember. Cheese and Marmalade is also nice. Edit And I also smoke and drink beer. 

Typical recipe of mayo is:

1 egg, a couple tablespoons of various things like vinegar, lemon juice, etc.... and 1 CUP of oil... basically Mayo is  95%+ OIL... and one teaspoon of highly processed oil is around 100ish calories...  Cheese is more like 25% to 33% fat content... so cheese is much better than mayo.... 

Not particularly the most healthy part of a sandwich, but then it all comes down to your entire diet and eating in moderation.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This was the first result on Google

That ultra-rational, completely unbiased dispenser of everything true and accurate that they make top of their search result and as long as it's what Google ("They") want you to read!

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I hope you use lots of lard to cook it in......

lard from frying salt pork - that is the best option according to my grandfather... though... he was dead before I was born 🤣

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I am allowed my own opinion, just because You say something is unhealthy doesn't make it so.

....and just because you eat it, doesn't make it healthy......................................moving on

• Sad 1