Identification now required to make a cash deposits at Thai Banks?

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Yes when I am back in the US my CA Drivers license is sufficient. But in LOS only a Passport will do. Big difference between carrying a passport compard to carrying a DL.  Also, my CA DL has pretty much worthless in LOS. Also, I have not been called "Dude" in a very long time. 

First, congrats on the Dude, thing! 

After that, I was not talking about your CA DL. What we are talking about is that a Thai pink ID card or a Thai DL works in many cases. If you do not have valid ID issued in the country you reside in or visit, you must use your passport. It´s just to accept, Dude.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Good for you, but not all requirements for a pink ID card are within the control of the applicant.  It cannot "be made to happen" just like that if the property owner is non-compliant, as is their privilege.

It can "be made to happen" with a different property owner, including yourself, DUH. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

First, congrats on the Dude, thing! 

After that, I was not talking about your CA DL. What we are talking about is that a Thai pink ID card or a Thai DL works in many cases. If you do not have valid ID issued in the country you reside in or visit, you must use your passport. It´s just to accept, Dude.

Ok Dude.  Do not have a Pink or a Thai DL.  So I will have to use the old passport.  Got it, "Lebowski". 

10 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Ok Dude.  Do not have a Pink or a Thai DL.  So I will have to use the old passport.  Got it, "Lebowski". 

Great! I am glad that I was able to spread some clarity.

18 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

As always this seems redundant (TIT) but a month  ago Bangkok Bank directed me to come into a local branch to register again.  This process as always required my passport being copied again and this time I had to have my face photographed from varioous angles like a booking photo after being arrested.  Now that Bangkok Bank has all this information about me I still need to bring my passport in just to make a cash deposit.  "Somewhere in the world former Aseannow Member Bob Smith must be smiling".  

Me too . Recently logged on to the Bangkok Bank web site . Had to provide D.O.B & PP number . Then up pops the face recognition system which I did not have . So off to my local BBK to have my picture taken .  It took the bank lady several attempts to take an acceptable photo . Why not use a finger print app I asked , not have was the reply  . Or is there another motive for taking a photo ?

28 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Great! I am glad that I was able to spread some clarity.

It's just all so complicated, the idea that two other kinds of ID--Thai ID--could sometimes be used in lieu of one's passport, so obviating the need to carry it.🙂 But then, after laborious ratiocination, only to arrive at the triumphant conclusion that if one doesn't have either alternative ID, a passport must indeed suffice.

image.png.545a81744fe67ad8d8ce8b8773e3cbca.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1