Trump Surges in Latest Top Poll 538 Predictions

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Her achievements as a senator and VP do stand out well. As a Presidential candidate, she exposed just how unfit Trump is for office.

Exactly. I wish she would go further. Once the Supreme Court is reformed, we can revisit the issue of Presidential immunity. The entire Trump organization is a criminal organization and all of them should be prosecuted. and tossed into Supermax

• Confused 1

Let's remember that the US is not a democracy, it is a republic, and the President is elected by the states, not the people.

Democrats have won the popular vote in 7 out of the last 8 elections, and I would be very surprised if they didn't win the popular vote this time as well.  However, the vote will come down to seven swing states where the polls are too close to call:  Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.  Whichever candidate wins 4 or more of these states will be the next president.

Edited by Callmeishmael
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

from his post history. a lot more than you do. just let it go before it gets embarrassing. 

It is good to see that some of the foreigners can critically think. The bots attack them too

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It's all about the Benjamins. Money is made in close contests.

And the winner is:

"Harris campaign raised $361m in August, triple the amount of Trump campaign"

Sept. 6, 2024  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/sep/06/trump-harris-election-fundraising

• The Trump team raised $130m in same month, with $285m cash in hand compared with Harris’s $404m

"How the Harris and Trump Campaigns Are Spending Their Money," Sept. 19, 2024

https://time.com/7022499/how-harris-trump-campaign-ads/

• The Harris campaign and allies have booked more than $330 million on TV and radio over roughly the next seven weeks. Trump’s team has booked a little less than $200 million.

1 minute ago, newnative said:

I think few believe this.   The 2016 race was very close.  The 2020 race was very close.    I think it would be more accurate to say that most 'here' believe the 2024 election will also be a close one.   When I say 'close' I am referring to the Electoral College vote. 

I think what most democrats believe will be a 'landslide' will be the popular vote.  Clinton won the popular vote by over 2.8 million votes.  A landslide.  Biden did even better, winning by 7 million votes.  An even bigger landslide.  

Unfortunately, one of the biggest drawbacks of having the EC is that it can give a very damaging, false impression of a presidential election.  The 2016 and 2020 elections are both good examples.  The democratic candidates won the popular vote by landslides.  The elections were really not close elections at all with regard to which candidate the actual voters wanted as their president.  

However, both elections are incorrectly viewed as close elections solely because the EC vote was close.  An actual, truly close election would be Kennedy-Nixon, as one example.  Kennedy won by around 117,000 votes.  That's close.  2.8 million?  Not close at all.  Landslide. 

In two elections, Trump has never even reached 50% of the vote.  The actual voters have soundly rejected him twice, with landslide tallies for the democrat candidate.  The only legitimacy he has is solely due to the Electoral College.  Yet another reason to get rid of it.  

Exactly. That relic of white supremacy ignores the will of the people who have chosen to make their lives in the most decent parts of the USA, as opposed to the racist hinterlands. The electoral college must be scrapped. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, CallumWK said:

When claims about the Iranians helping Kamala are made, Trump supporters believe them. When claims about the Russians helping Trump are made, then they claim it's fake news. In both cases, what makes sense to look at is whether or not these countries believe which candidate it's in their best interest to help. Especially given that there are no genuine legal obstacles to either of them doing whatever they think is necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

When claims about the Iranians helping Kamala are made, Trump supporters believe them. When claims about the Russians helping Trump are made, then they claim it's fake news. In both cases, what makes sense to look at is whether or not these countries believe which candidate it's in their best interest to help. Especially given that there are no genuine legal obstacles to either of them doing whatever they think is necessary.

It actuallly would make a lot more sense for the Ukrainians to help Harris, since they have billions to gain if Harris wins.

Ukrainians have also proven that they are fine to engage in state terrorism with Nordstream, they have fanatical and well trained Commandos.

Trump better beef up his security.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As for Nordstream...terrorisim? Who was murdered in that explosion?

Don't matter that no one died  it was an attack on a NATO countries energy infrastructure by a supposed ally....strangely dismissed as Russian agresion then swept under the carpet...also remember  the persistent shelling of the largest Nuclear power plant in Europe refere to IAEA for the low down on that...hint Russia is not shelling a power station that they are in full control of !

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, johng said:

Don't matter that no one died  it was an attack on a NATO countries energy infrastructure by a supposed ally....strangely dismissed as Russian agresion then swept under the carpet...also remember  the persistent shelling of the largest Nuclear power plant in Europe refere to IAEA for the low down on that...hint Russia is not shelling a power station that they are in full control of !

Yes it was economic terrorism when the Ukrainians sabotaged Nordstream.

Good point about the nuclear power plant, another example of Ukraine having no scruples to go to the brink of crazy recklessness, regardless of who will suffer.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

She can't speak a single coherent sentence or ;ay out any ideas that have any merit.

Projection doesn't get any more obvious than this.

Every time they open their gobs it's an admission of guilt.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, mdr224 said:

This article is inconsistent with this forums agenda. Everyone here believes democrats win in a landslide

Oh I beg to differ…..actually I’m disappointed with AN (my apologies) in my impressions as far as bias …..not a peep about our progress against inflation,not a peep about the 1/2 point interest rate cut,not a peep about the Harris interview yesterday were she layed out hei economics ideas and plans……no I beg to differ…..personally I think our forum leans to the right it’s the posters who see trumpisum as a conn and grift for Donald trump.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Exactly. I wish she would go further. Once the Supreme Court is reformed, we can revisit the issue of Presidential immunity. The entire Trump organization is a criminal organization and all of them should be prosecuted. and tossed into Supermax

Uh ho someone got their programming mixed up I think it’s glitching 

16 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

People are beginning to see Kamala. Thats bad news for her. She can't speak a single coherent sentence or ;ay out any ideas that have any merit. Walz was also a terrible pick. He goes around pretending to be this folksy casserole loving Minnesotan and it is less authentic than his white guy tacos. 

When that couple asked on Oprah how she would help get prices down it was embarrassing. You could even see on the couples face they were flabbergasted by her unintelligible tripe.

She cant even attend a dinner for fear she will turn into some sort of drooling retard if in public without notes for a ten minute span. 

You sure about that?

image.png.9ba5feab56ddd10864555b54845c6bdb.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/donald-trump/

image.png.5593fe95b188b758a099ff41d27cb536.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/kamala-harris/

14 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

You think it is a good thing that this amount of money is involved in politics? There is this weird disconnect where dems claim the reps are the party of the rich and then host events all full of elites, and boast about how much they have. $500,000,000 that has been spent on TV ads for Kamala would buy a lot of hot sauce for your purse.

It's thanks to the conservatives on the Supreme Court that huge amounts of cash have entered the political system

"Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 (2010), is a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States regarding campaign finance laws and free speech under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The court held 5–4 that the freedom of speech clause of the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent expenditures for political campaigns by corporations, nonprofit organizations, labor unions, and other associations...

In a dissenting opinion, Justice John Paul Stevens argued that the court's ruling represented "a rejection of the common sense of the American people, who have recognized a need to prevent corporations from undermining self government".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC

Should Democrats roll over and let only Republicans take big donations from the rich?

12 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Let's remember that the US is not a democracy, it is a republic, and the President is elected by the states, not the people.

Democrats have won the popular vote in 7 out of the last 8 elections, and I would be very surprised if they didn't win the popular vote this time as well.  However, the vote will come down to seven swing states where the polls are too close to call:  Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.  Whichever candidate wins 4 or more of these states will be the next president.

Let's try to remember that there is no inherent conflict between being a democracy and being a republic. The US is a representative democracy. It has a Constitution that sets for the limits of what laws that democracy can enact.

17 hours ago, rasg said:

Drooling retard is right but cackling retard is more accurate. The polls are totally inaccurate so they can steal the vote again. This time it won’t work.

Drooling, cackling and childish insults like retard. Inaccurate polls, steal the vote. etc.  trump supporters Couldn't be less educated could they, shows he relies the lowest of the low for his votes.

• Thumbs Up 1