Any benefits in antibiotics

Time and time again I see posts on different forums mostly from those going to Asia for a vacation about taking antibiotics BEFORE a trip there,even though they have no illness 

Is there any benefit to take antibiotics such as doxycycline, Cephalexin etc before going to Asia say on your 2 week vacation ?

I know some of you do it ,may I ask if you do ,have  you have found you don't get sick perhaps by taking antibiotics before travelling?

Is there any benefit to it?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's called DoxyPEP, google it

If you don't mind taking a bunch of pills you can get nearly 100% protection against getting HIV  and about 60%-75% protection against Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis.  Also throw in some acyclovir or similar for herpes protection.  Personally, I would just use a condom.  I know some will say they can't enjoy with a condom but it seems like a lot of stress on your body, kidneys, to take all these pills just to have condom free sex.  As always, to each their own.  

4 minutes ago, how241 said:

If you don't mind taking a bunch of pills you can get nearly 100% protection against getting HIV  and about 60%-75% protection against Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis.  Also throw in some acyclovir or similar for herpes protection.  Personally, I would just use a condom.  I know some will say they can't enjoy with a condom but it seems like a lot of stress on your body, kidneys, to take all these pills just to have condom free sex.  As always, to each their own.  

thing is a lot of old fellas don't use condoms, of course claim they do