Renewing retirement visa obtained inside Thailand?

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

You dont want to accept responsibility for your screw up on not continuing deposits for those 2 months. How long have you been making deposits, 5 years?  You followed what the agent told you, which she would have known was to continue deposits end of story, then no of the other info would have been necessary and no extra fees to pay higher up Imm for an illegal transaction. Hopefully you learned something 

Are you thick or what??

Not what the Agent said, what the Immigration Officer said.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You dont want to accept responsibility for your screw up on not continuing deposits for those 2 months. How long have you been making deposits, 5 years?  You followed what the agent told you, which she would have known was to continue deposits end of story, then no of the other info would have been necessary and no extra fees to pay higher up Imm for an illegal transaction. Hopefully you learned something 

" extra fees to pay higher up Imm for an illegal transaction".

May I suggest that you get educated on the subject please, before posting such ignorant comments on this site...

8 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Problem being that this is not what the Immigration Officer replied, to my question about going home for 3 months.

Free Tip: don't rely on immigration offices.

Do your own research. AseanNow one example.

Continuing the monthly transfers when out of Thailand is obviously required. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

" extra fees to pay higher up Imm for an illegal transaction".

May I suggest that you get educated on the subject please, before posting such ignorant comments on this site...

No but you seem to be. Have a great day

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Free Tip: don't rely on immigration offices.

Do your own research. AseanNow one example.

Continuing the monthly transfers when out of Thailand is obviously required. 

Quite correct sir.

My mistake was to give more credit to Immigration Officers than they deserve....

Regarding Agents, the one I use is the reason I was able to stay legally in Thailand during the pandemic.

Actually, as I wrote a lot on this subject previously, it is an Immigration Officer who told me to go see an Agent, when I visited the Immigration office, to explain that I could not leave Thailand, the borders being closed, and that I could not stay legally in Thailand.

I even asked, 'Is there someone here that I can pay to obtain a permission to stay'.

An officer came out of the plexiglass enclosure, and softy said to me: "Go see an Agent, they can fix it up for you.."

And so it was...

The pandemic coincided with the high ranking level order to Immigration Officers to no longer take bribes.

The use of Agents was created at high level of the Immigration hierarchy, to channel all the money at that level, to be further shared at their discretion, at lower rank levels.

So anyone suggesting that using an Agent is illegal, meaning punishable, is talking out of ignorance...

And thanks for your reply. (You surely do not have an easy job😑)

8 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

The pandemic coincided with the high ranking level order to Immigration Officers to no longer take bribes.

But they still do init. For a while they put up signs saying 'No Tips' they have vanished now.

Edited by brianthainess

1 minute ago, Andre0720 said:

NOT at the Immigration Office that I deal with.

Elsewhere, I do not know

Nor at mine in Trat, but Jomtian is well known for it, the agents don't get their 'Service' for free. same with LOR they are free yet some offices charge up to 500b, Trat will not give an 'Express service'.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Nor at mine in Trat, but Jomtian is well known for it, the agents don't get their 'Service' for free. same with LOR they are free yet some offices charge up to 500b, Trat will not give an 'Express service'.

Thanks, so refreshing to be provided with facts, as opposed to some sharing of unwanted opinions.

Oh, and I had to google that 'init' word there, hehe.

Regards

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't even understand need for agent or email to immigration you went on about.

You were taking a 3 month trip out of Thailand. That's all.

Continue your monthly transfers using eg WISE with internet banking.

Seems even with an agent you have not prepared correctly.

He is using the embassy letter as proof of income no need to show any transactions !

14 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Thanks, so refreshing to be provided with facts, as opposed to some sharing of unwanted opinions.

Oh, and I had to google that 'init' word there, hehe.

Regards

Glad I could help with a good old bit of English slang init.

true-dat-innit.gif.408d3b6050ae26f8ca2897da3e8015df.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe that you can apply for your extension of visa up to 30 days before it expires, so why not do it early.

I try to work with my local I/O;  I visit them in the lst month, and ask for an appointment to make the extension,  and then ask them to list the documents I will need to bring to them.  Also check what photo I will need and show my Bank book o ensure that it will be accepted.

On extension day, first visit my bank to get pass-book updated and the docs that I/O needs.

Then to Immigration and extension done.  Everyone happy and I am safe for another year.

Usually I get a re-entry permit at the same time,  just in case I have to leave in a hurry.

I use ' money in he bank' instead of monthly income, as the paper work is easier, and the 800K is an emergency stand-by fund for me.

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

I believe that you can apply for your extension of visa up to 30 days before it expires, so why not do it early.

I try to work with my local I/O;  I visit them in the lst month, and ask for an appointment to make the extension,  and then ask them to list the documents I will need to bring to them.  Also check what photo I will need and show my Bank book o ensure that it will be accepted.

On extension day, first visit my bank to get pass-book updated and the docs that I/O needs.

Then to Immigration and extension done.  Everyone happy and I am safe for another year.

Usually I get a re-entry permit at the same time,  just in case I have to leave in a hurry.

I use ' money in he bank' instead of monthly income, as the paper work is easier, and the 800K is an emergency stand-by fund for me.

In planning a trip home and back, got a contract on short notice.

I called the emigration last week, and can do my renewal 45 days, but didn't ask how late I could do it.

As my intro says, I had cheap tickets on my hands thos morning, but now 6000 baht up again. Try again tomorrow morning

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

I'm on extension on retirement visa oa yes, so I guessed I could do it the last week. Good to have a few extra days, just in case they have som new requirements that will make me have to return another day.

No you are not, nobody is. visas cannot be changed, you are on an extension of stay with retirement as the reason. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

I'm on Non O, since I obtained it via visa exemption I guess? 

Sorry for my ignorance, but my wife fix everything, I just sign the papers 🧐

She was going to call on Monday, but I found good priced tickets this morning. 

Suggest you ask her then. Your post isn't very clear. It's confused.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agents offer two different options.

a) cover the financial requirements 

b) just organization (hand holding) 

If it's a) then method would be money in bank method 

If it's b) then can be either money bank or income tax 

That is not actually true - at least as far as Maneerat are concerned.

I engaged them this year because I need to apply 3 months early. They said that they could do it on the basis of 800k in the bank; they specifically said that I could not use income. I simply pass on this information from my own personal experience.

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

Suggest you ask her then. Your post isn't very clear. It's confused.

We have solved that now, and cleared up the misunderstandings. Thank you 

Edited by Hummin

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

They said that they could do it on the basis of 800k in the bank; they specifically said that I could not use income

My post concerned annual extension not applying for extension 3 months early as you needed to do. 

At a guess thinking they were also covering your financials.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

As my intro says, I had cheap tickets on my hands thos morning, but now 6000 baht up again. Try again tomorrow morning

I was looking for a ticket a couple of days ago and saw Thai Airways at 31K in the morning. When I went to book it a bit later it had gone up to 41K.

Booked with Emirates instead.

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I was looking for a ticket a couple of days ago and saw Thai Airways at 31K in the morning. When I went to book it a bit later it had gone up to 41K.

Booked with Emirates instead.

It's up more now. Thai Airways have direct flight, so willing to pay the  instead of a stopover. We will see in tomorow morning 5 o'clock, 

It was only the departure that was up 6k, so

Edited by Hummin

I believe you can apply for a one-year extension on the day before your visa or current extension expires.

I always go in about a week ahead of time, just in case there are some problems with my paperwork I have to revise.