Renewing retirement visa obtained inside Thailand?

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It was 3000,- baht difference between Qatar and Thai, so I choosed Thai above Qatar for that amount. If the amount is equal to Qatar Business class lounge, I might choose Qatar.

I would take QATAR over THAI any day.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, proton said:

No you are not, nobody is. visas cannot be changed, you are on an extension of stay with retirement as the reason. 

To be fair, he did say "extension on retirement visa....."........ and indeed, he has an extension of stay based on that original retirement visa. I accept that, factually, each extension is a 'new' application - and he could apply e.g. on the basis of retirement or marriage.

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I would take QATAR over THAI any day.

Not with a stop over, I prefer 12 hours flight direct and not 16- 17 hours travel going through check points, delays etc

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It was 3000,- baht difference between Qatar and Thai, so I choosed Thai above Qatar for that amount. If the amount is equal to Qatar Business class lounge, I might choose Qatar.

I would have done the same but for me it was 13K between Thai and Emirates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Not with a stop over, I prefer 12 hours flight direct and not 16- 17 hours travel going through check points, delays etc

Personal choice.

Stretching your legs at the midpoint of a 14 hour journey is not a bad thing. The overriding factor me is convenience of arrival point/time - this often results in me not wanting to arrive at Heathrow.

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Personal choice.

Stretching your legs at the midpoint of a 14 hour journey is not a bad thing. The overriding factor me is convenience of arrival point/time - this often results in me not wanting to arrive at Heathrow.

If you smoking 🚬,  I can understand

With Thai air I fly out midnight local time, land early morning locsl time home rested.

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you smoking 🚬,  I can understand

With Thai air I fly out midnight, land early morning home rested.

My smoking days are decades behind me - before I started traveling to Thailand in 2006 - but I can see that could be a factor for some.

I have a daughter living near Birmingham so Emirates flights to BHX are the best option for me. In the days when I headed to East Anglia I was happy to come into Heathrow and often took direct flights - EVA being first choice, and in those days BA over THAI.

Edited by hotandsticky