How I got my first retirement EXTENSION in Chiang Mai.

27 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Lastly, I asked for multi-entry but apparently this is not done at the same time and to get that I will have to go back and stand in line again with a new cue number.

Thanks for report.

Regards your multi reentry permit you can obtain that at CNX airport on day of departure 

Better option imo.

Indeed the part about the bank statements is a bit disturbing.

Next week I will try my luck with statements from Bangkok Bank and show up at Khon Kaen immigration.

One thing for sure: the statements clearly show international transfer in English.

Now thinking to take all WISE transfer receipts with me in addition. The pile of paper grows daily. My printer ran out of toner today.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed the part about the bank statements is a bit disturbing.

Next week I will try my luck with statements from Bangkok Bank and show up at Khon Kaen immigration.

One thing for sure: the statements clearly show international transfer in English.

Now thinking to take all WISE transfer receipts with me in addition. The pile of paper grows daily. My printer ran out of toner today.

I had all the Wise printed out but they didn't need them. Which of your statements show International? I think you're good. You could ask you bank if there was an intermediary bank between your account and Wise. If not, I think you're golden. At least for CM rules, that day, with that officer.

2 years ago, when my transfers got rejected, I tried to show the Wise documents but officer wouldn't even look at them.

Edited by bamboozled

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Regards your multi reentry permit you can obtain that at CNX airport on day of departure 

Better option imo.

Right but...I'm always worried I'll forget or be in a rush or perhaps I"m hanging out in a border town and pop across a border forgetting that I don't have a re-entry.

When one gets a single re-entry permit, can it be open and used whenever or does one have to specify the trip and time?

22 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Right but...I'm always worried I'll forget or be in a rush or perhaps I"m hanging out in a border town and pop across a border forgetting that I don't have a re-entry.

When one gets a single re-entry permit, can it be open and used whenever or does one have to specify the trip and time?

The single re-entry permit specifies nothing. You can use it at any time during the year for any travel outside the Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Obtaining reentry permit at immigration the date of exit from Thailand is irrelevant. Put any date.

The validity will be same as current permission of stay.

If obtained at airport that can only be obtained on day of departure 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtaining reentry permit at immigration the date of exit from Thailand is irrelevant. Put any date.

The validity will be same as current permission of stay.

If obtained at airport that can only be obtained on day of departure 

Whilst the date is irrelevant, I did have a problem on one occasion when the IO told me to come back nearer my exit date. Now I just put a date that is one month ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Which of your statements show International

BKB has a one year statement which you have to order and wait 5 days or so!

There the entries are in full lenght "International funds transfer".

A statement up to 6 months back is issued on the spot. Different format showing "FOREIGN T/T".

The Download statements (not acceptable for immigration) also show the short form.

From a download statement:

Screenshot_20240929_153221_Drive.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

For BKB: statement up to previous day is available from 9AM on.

At the desk you can request an exakt date range from/to. Not all employees seem to know.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Whilst the date is irrelevant, I did have a problem on one occasion when the IO told me to come back nearer my exit date. Now I just put a date that is one month ahead.

The io was wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

BKB has a one year statement which you have to order and wait 5 days or so!

There the entries are in full lenght "International funds transfer".

A statement up to 6 months back is issued on the spot. Different format showing "FOREIGN T/T".

The Download statements (not acceptable for immigration) also show the short form.

From a download statement:

Screenshot_20240929_153221_Drive.jpg

Sounds like you're good to go. I don't think they want downloaded from internet as it doesn't have the official bank stamp. ...I would guess.