Used car market in a jam as electric vehicles spark trouble

webfact

7 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Why on Earth would anyone waste so much money on a horrible depreciating purchase?

He just explained this.  They get face from having a nice car as many people see it.  Hardly anyone sees your home, so it doesn't gain you as much face.  Thais are a lot more concerned about what other people think of them than how they actually live.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

And yet, so many more are so more successful than all of the members on AN. ... Go figure.  And don't need to travel to another side of the world to survive and or have sex.

We were born where it was easy to make money.

They were born where it was easy to have sex.

I prefer the money!

28 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

He just explained this.  They get face from having a nice car as many people see it.  Hardly anyone sees your home, so it doesn't gain you as much face.  Thais are a lot more concerned about what other people think of them than how they actually live.

So an entire society of immature adolescent teenagers? Makes sense I guess, would definitely explain their poor driving as well.

12 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

So an entire society of immature adolescent teenagers? Makes sense I guess, would definitely explain their poor driving as well.

Yes, I think a lot of car/vehicle culture in Thailand/SEA is very close to what we associate with teens back home.