Feel sorry for AN posters who bought electric

Out of curiosity, when a car is listed at 1 million baht, what's the total, including tax, title, license, dealer prop, delivery, loan origination fees, etc.  (Leave out loan interest, just the origination fees)

I used 1 million to keep the math simple...

Just now, Ralf001 said:

good to hear.

Hoping to pick up an atto 3 cheap on the secondhand market,

A bit risky considering that electronic components start failing after a year,

But for sure it seems to be buyers market. However, I  would wait. The new NetaX is selling at 740k and it seems to beat Atto3 in just about every department. I expect even more price cuts especially if Chinese cars start popping up everywhere like Thai coffee shops.

Edited by Celsius
  • Haha 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

I don’t believe you do feel sorry, and why would you?

EV owners in Thailand are delighted with their purchase.

That's right, I don't feel sorry at all.

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I don’t believe you do feel sorry, and why would you?

EV owners in Thailand are delighted with their purchase.

Not all EV owners in Thailand are delighted with their purchase.

as can be seen in this broadcast program from Thai PBS

Complain! Bought an electric car, not as advertised

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

can you please translate the video, thank's ...

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So that’s 1 in 80,000 

This thread is about AN members, was that an AN member? Avatar please.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

So that’s 1 in 80,000 

This thread is about AN members, was that an AN member? Avatar please.

Do you know any AN members that have purchased that EV model 

if you do a quck search for

office of consumer protection electric cars you will find that many EV brands have been reported to the office of office of consumer protection 

You posted in July that your might join the Office of the Consumer Protection Board complaint process over Byd pricing

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Video has subtitles available so very easy to translate to the language of your choice

my bad, what i mean could you provide a summary of the 40-minute video? 

i'm quite sure you and your friends enjoy a good thai soap opera... i do not :smile:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Feel sorry for AN posters who bought electric

byd-1-1024x1024.webp

It probably explains why they are always angry. 

Nothing better watching that tachometer, listening to the scream of the engine, the smell of the tyres burning and the fumes. 

You're not an Aussie Westy if you haven't enjoyed a V8 muscle car. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Not because they are bad, but because the prices will keep dropping.

Did not most who glorify these cheap cars bought at half a million more?

LOLZ

byd-1-1024x1024.webp

Very nice reduction, good chance for new bees with low budget to get rid off their old and stinking ICE's and buy a BEV. Or like me, probably buying a second one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Too many people fell for the "electric cars are greener" mumbo jumbo.

They are not. They have just moved the polluting point from the engine to the battery.

As a result of the rapid growth of electric cars, there is now a time bomb on the horizon of what to do with old battery packs. Only a small percentage are currently recycled, and many of these are from car accidents where the batteries are damaged and the car manufacturers don't want to use them. . Others are reused or repurposed. But what happens to the ones that are broken down?

I saw a video that stated that currently over 95% of old batteries from electric vehicles end up in landfill.

Not so "green" when you take that into account if true. 

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When I can buy one for 250kbht, let me know.

It's just not worth paying more for any vehicle IMHO.

Just wait another 6 months and there will be a massive oversupply.

https://www.one2car.com/for-sale/neta-neta-v-กรุงเทพและปริมณฑล-อำเภอเมืองสมุทรสาคร/13959500

No regrets from me, as if keeping the ICEV for 2 more years, it would have depreciated a lot more, and now, not be worth much, since an ICEV with 80k kms on it.  Matter of fact, probably wouldn't sell it for what anyone would offer.  Just keep as a spare, after buying the BEV pick up next year. :cheesy:

Did get a decent market price for it, 2 yrs ago.   Along with 2 yrs of driving a more comfy, better performing car, for 240k off the MSRP, along with 2 years savings from buying petrol.   Unless O&A, charged with excess solar, so basically free, more than half our kms driven locally, within 250 kms R/T.   Which got us out of the house quite a bit ... priceless in itself.

That's a few 100 thousand baht saved, and offsets the newer pricing, some what.  

I never worry about, could have, should have, would have, as prefer to live in the now.  If I want something, I just buy it, cost is irrelevant.

For those in the market, and not budget restricted, next year should be great for new options to pick from.   Maybe wait for those car shows at end of this year, start of next.

Or now, for some really nice bargains, while supplies last :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

310kbht for a NETA PLUS 

If that was in a showroom near me, I'd probably buy it.

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

The climate deniers love pointing out that electric cars depreciate.

While ignoring that all cars depreciate.

They are not very bright generally. 

Had my 1997 Nissan Big-M pickup for 14 years, paid 150kbht ...... now worth 50kbht.

So less than 10kbht depreciation per year.

@KhunLA How much do you think it's price will plummet next year?

Edited by BritManToo

I'm quite happy that prices are dropping so hopefully these loud pickups leaving a mile of black smoke behind will one day be a thing of the past. Now seeing a nearly silent bus or car driving past is a good thing, at least in the city, and I hope this continues. Though only part of the price drop is increase in production and with that lowering prices of components, especially battery cost which in past 3 years dropped about 70%, the other part are government subsidies. And those who bought BYD cars before price drop - you got free charging for a year or 2, so while you paid more, you're now driving around for free.

Interesting was the article (in non-English news) about NEO car... Apparently it allows the whole battery kit to be removed and replaced with another within 3 minutes. You can buy a car with or without battery - with a latter option is to lease battery. Kind of like Coway water filter or air cleaner - you pay monthly rent on battery which NEO would replace if anything goes wrong, and it's 20k EUR cheaper purchase price that way. It is an expensive car at 90k EUR in Germany, though. But just that part - of replacing the whole 150 kWh battery pack within 3 minutes sounds interesting. That's the main beef some posters have with electric cars...

Edited by tomazbodner