Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

Things are not that bad back home. At least these people that can go bankrupt any day still have some support.

Unlike Thailand where people use agents to deposit money for long term visa. That is much worse than living paycheck to paycheck.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

When I first came to Thailand in 1993 it was very good value ,

The £  was worth only about 42 baht if I remember correctly but it bought £5 worth of good s and services  so Value was excellent .

But Today with £ about 44baht  It can buy on average   about £1 worth of goods and services  when averaged out.

When In UK or EU I spend about £2500 a month 100k baht and in Thailand its about the same  ,, But what I get for that money is no different ...

Thailand is no longer cheap  many things here cost more than UK  and yes some things are cheaper   thats why I say  the value in Thailand is   on par with UK and EU.. 

So no Thailand is no longer a cheap destination for holidays or  expats ,,

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

You mention restaurants here are fine, but they are not. Thais cover their meals with some of the worst and unhealthiest sauces on the planet. Let's not even mention the disgusting oil. CNA did a report in Singapore and pretty much concluded that vendors only change oil once a week. You think Thailand is better?  If I order on Grab or go to a restaurant I will always look for a place that does not mix some of their disgusting sauces with the meal. The chicken steak you refer to mis a hit and miss in Thailand. If that Chicken steak comes with a salad it is a given that it will always arrive with the most disgusting mays sauce available.

So, BAD value for money because it costs you your health. I do have more confidence in McDonald's. 

If that is your opinion of food choices in Thailand then you are yet another member for whom I wonder why you are here.   My spouse and I eat well here, and certainly better than what I was eating in America--which was mostly fast food when I ate out and tv dinners when I ate at home.   

We like to eat out here but he's a good cook and we also eat at home, as well, taking advantage of all the fresh fruit and vegetables available year-round.   I'll take most of what we eat here over McDonald's any day.  

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

You mention restaurants here are fine, but they are not. Thais cover their meals with some of the worst and unhealthiest sauces on the planet. Let's not even mention the disgusting oil. CNA did a report in Singapore and pretty much concluded that vendors only change oil once a week. You think Thailand is better?  If I order on Grab or go to a restaurant I will always look for a place that does not mix some of their disgusting sauces with the meal. The chicken steak you refer to mis a hit and miss in Thailand. If that Chicken steak comes with a salad it is a given that it will always arrive with the most disgusting mays sauce available.

So, BAD value for money because it costs you your health. I do have more confidence in McDonald's. 

I think you need to dine at better vendors.  I eat rather healthy when I eat out, most times.