V P Debate

22 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Vance is a man in his prime. Walz is a man about to enter decrepitude, going on 70. 

It was a slaughter.

"It was a slaughter - " go on, finish your sentence, the suspense is killing me...

Nevertheless,  I have to take issues with "Vance is a man in his prime":

One, "a man in his prime" shouldn't feel so much desperation as to do kamikaze with his own political career. Two, which "man in his prime" wears eyeliner (maybe already tattooed in  just for convenience's sake), defines real men as men who live within 30 mile radius of  their mommy, and wears more than one beard, one on his face the other at home cooking curry? (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).

vancenobrd.jpg

ABC News' fact check of the VP debate comments:

"WALZ CLAIM: Gov. Walz said, "The persons closest to them, to Donald Trump, said he is unfit for the highest office. That is Senator Vance."

FACT-CHECK: True

Vance has shifted his view toward Trump since he first rose to prominence. Early in his career, Vance made a number of comments that were disparaging toward Trump. The specific comment that Walz seems to be referencing here is from a 2016 New York Times op-ed written by Vance ahead of the release of his book "Hillbilly Elegy." In the op-ed, Vance wrote, "Mr. Trump is unfit for our nation's highest office." [emphasis added]

In years since the op-ed was published, Vance has said his views on Trump changed."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-checking-tim-walz-jd-vances-vp-debate/story?id=114405195

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

'I've never liked him': See how JD Vance changed his tune on Trump

"Ohio Sen. JD Vance has been formally nominated to become Donald Trump's running mate in the 2024 presidential election. But back in 2016, he was a fierce opponent, saying Trump could be "America's Hitler." "

July 15, 2024

[past Vance comments on Trump reported in this CNN video report]

Screenshot_9.jpg.90863e44bdf1fba418d47f095b5a7c51.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg.1e4650c6e0358589423fe0e5c38bf9bb.jpg

Screenshot_10.jpg.cb60c962705e26567b713a6137a1d38c.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/video/jd-vance-trump-pivot-digvid

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Apparently, the foreigners here don't like Walz.

I suspect that real Americans will be just fine with him as VP.

You appear to be irritated that we foreigners have an opinion on the next "leader of the free world" and their VP. 

We'll continue to have an opinion as long as Our Boys are lying in the graves marked "yet another American war." 

• Agree 1

But it was Vance who left the best impression with viewers, after a strong start against a nervy opponent and despite dodging a question on if Trump lost the 2020 election.

According to the DailyMail.com/J.L Partners poll of 801 likely voters, 50 percent said Vance won the debate compared to just 43 percent who said Walz was the victor.

In an unfortunate slip of the tongue he then said: 'I've become friends with school shooters'.

It's unclear what he meant to say.

Another viewer who was full of praise for Vance was the former president, who spent the night commentating on every development on the New York stage. 

'JD crushed it! Walz was a Low IQ Disaster - Very much like Kamala,' Trump said in one of his many Truth Social posts during the evening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13914759/Who-won-debate-J-D-Vance-Tim-Walz-poll.html

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

But it was Vance who left the best impression with viewers, after a strong start against a nervy opponent and despite dodging a question on if Trump lost the 2020 election.

According to the DailyMail.com/J.L Partners poll of 801 likely voters, 50 percent said Vance won the debate compared to just 43 percent who said Walz was the victor.

In an unfortunate slip of the tongue he then said: 'I've become friends with school shooters'.

It's unclear what he meant to say.

Another viewer who was full of praise for Vance was the former president, who spent the night commentating on every development on the New York stage. 

'JD crushed it! Walz was a Low IQ Disaster - Very much like Kamala,' Trump said in one of his many Truth Social posts during the evening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13914759/Who-won-debate-J-D-Vance-Tim-Walz-poll.html

J.L. partners is one of the worst rated pollster in the U.S. and ranks 145 according to 538. 😃

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

35 minutes ago, theblether said:

You appear to be irritated that we foreigners have an opinion on the next "leader of the free world" and their VP. 

We'll continue to have an opinion as long as Our Boys are lying in the graves marked "yet another American war." 

Was the 2020 election stolen?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, theblether said:

My personal favourite - "why did you lie about being in Tianamen Square." 

"Well, I was a cyclist when I was a kid blah bah ( a few moments later )." 

"uhuhu, but the question was - why did you lie about being in Tianamen Square?" 

"Aye, eh - I mispoke." 

What is it about Democrats and making stuff up?

I give you Hillary Clinton that "landed under fire" which was IMO an outright lie, though she claims it was a mistake :whistling:.

https://www.reuters.com/article/economy/clinton-calls-bosnia-sniper-fire-story-a-mistake-idUSN25408114/

GREENSBURG, Pa., March 25 (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday she made a mistake when she claimed she had come under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia in 1996 while she was first lady.
In a speech in Washington and in several interviews last week Clinton described how she and her daughter, Chelsea, ran for cover under hostile fire shortly after her plane landed in Tuzla, Bosnia.

Trump needed a win in the debate, something that would change the movement of the polls. Instead, it was another lost day, with few left.

Maybe the 60 Minutes interview with Harris will knock her off her stride, but that's the last chance for something to impact the direction of the race, which is now looking like a win for Harris.

Anyone think that Trump's ground game will save him?

Trump hasn't gotten more than 47% of the vote in an election yet. He'll need a miracle to get to 48% and that may not be enough.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is it about Democrats and making stuff up?

I give you Hillary Clinton that "landed under fire" which was IMO an outright lie, though she claims it was a mistake :whistling:.

https://www.reuters.com/article/economy/clinton-calls-bosnia-sniper-fire-story-a-mistake-idUSN25408114/

GREENSBURG, Pa., March 25 (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday she made a mistake when she claimed she had come under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia in 1996 while she was first lady.
In a speech in Washington and in several interviews last week Clinton described how she and her daughter, Chelsea, ran for cover under hostile fire shortly after her plane landed in Tuzla, Bosnia.

A minor lie from 1996 that you can't get over.

Last night, Vance claimed that Trump saved the ACA.

The reality is that Trump opposed the ACA and tried to kill it.

Ending the ACA would have cost 20 million Americans their health insurance.

Your sense of values is severely damaged if you can't distinguish between a minor lie from 30 years ago, and Vance's distortion last night.

Why do you think Vance lied about the ACA?

• Thumbs Up 1