You and your Thai Wife of 20 years.

Let's suppose you married your Thai Wife when you were around 40 years old. The both of you are now 20 years older, living in Thailand.

Always assuming you are still together, what made it last? Your and your wifes physical atrraction has not increased over the years.

So, what is the "glue" that held it together for the last 20 years?

4 minutes ago, swissie said:

Let's suppose you married your Thai Wife when you were around 40 years old. The both of you are now 20 years older, living in Thailand.

Always assuming you are still together, what made it last? Your and your wifes physical atrraction has not increased over the years.

So, what is the "glue" that held it together for the last 20 years?

Sex, quality sex, 

Relationships must be cultivated, like an garden. You stop caring, you finely have nothing to eat. At least not from your own garden. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Reinstad said:

Reported for trolling.

that's funny, thanks for the chuckle.  Almost as good as the one I got from Iran attacks Israel thread.

He answered your query, and reporting, I was obviously trolling, and get a pass :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Met Mrs Nik on Ko Samet when I came to tHailand in 2005. 

Were still together, married with a son in high school. 

When we met, I was initially attracted to her legs, hair, skin and humour.

Im still attracted to her, but now coming up on 20 years together, it s more her humour , intelligence, spirit, the way she takes caqre of me and generally how life is more interesting with her in it. 

She can sulk like a child, but there s no one I d rather party with or spend time with. she has never bored me, ever , which was aproblem with past girlfriends. 

She s also a great cook!

I have in the past been no angel and I feel bad for that now.

• Sad 1

We've just passed the 20 year mark, I guess the glue is that my wife and I genuinely care about each other, plus we treat every day as a new start, despite any problems the day before.

11 years now with a wonderful woman. We have a very nice relationship, and take care of each other, and it's the longest lasting relationship I've ever had. But I have to admit that age has a lot to do with it, I have a couple of failed marriages and numerous failed long-term relationships behind me, and the main reason for those failed relationships was I couldn't keep my willie in my pants. But now I'm 77 and don't have much libido left, so staying on the straight and narrow is not difficult. 

• Like 1

>20 years together, not married.

I am/was her first boyfriend ever. I guess that helped.

I work mostly at home, so I have time for her, and I am not away all day. I guess that also helps.

She was and is most of the time a nice girl. Some years ago, she started with annoying nagging. I told her to stop. She didn't. I told her to visit her family or (female) friend for a while because I won't accept this nagging any longer. So, she stayed with a friend up country for two month and then begged me to come back. No nagging anymore.

Since then, no problems anymore - except some mornings when she is hangry. It seems this is something I have to accept.

We are happy together and I guess we will stay together forever.

Edited by OneMoreFarang

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Good luck with that , you have 28 posts and you are reporting me for trolling , 

regards worgeordie

He is just jealous I am married to my Thai wife for 21 years she also does not drink smoke or gamble 

• Thumbs Up 1

If both 40 when married, now she is 60?

Sorry, after 40 or so, Thai women don't look very good in my opinion.  Many fail to take care of themselves and some seem to get round looking face and head not sure why.  Some call it potatoe head.  Not all Thai and don't want to be demeaning, just what I have noticed.  I am sure they are still lovable, but definitely not for me.  30 years younger at the minimum is acceptable. 

More is better.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If both 40 when married, now she is 60?

Sorry, after 40 or so, Thai women don't look very good in my opinion.  Many fail to take care of themselves and some seem to get round looking face and head not sure why.  Some call it potatoe head.  Not all Thai and don't want to be demeaning, just what I have noticed.  I am sure they are still lovable, but definitely not for me.  30 years younger at the minimum is acceptable. 

More is better.

Excuse me ... wife is 48 next week, and still smoking hot, as are a few of her peers.

Choose wisely 😁

• Like 1