Who said bars wernt making money?

georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Walked  to Soi Bukhao last night.

Very busy 

The Billabong bar was so packed with people you couldn't even get in the door, and there's no door anyway but that's besides the point,

and why would I want to anyway 

I really can't see the point of going into a very crowded bar and stand there ,drinking ,what's the point rubbing shoulders 

Who said the bars were not doing good ,every bar had customers but some bars were packed out ,billabong ,I rovers etc 

I could not  walk through the streets there without bumping into people and secondly please ban the motorbikes driving through,it's a pedestrian area ,very annoying having bikes bip their horn from behind 

Walking through those crowds gave me anxiety 

I assume that was your daily rant? You are never going to get away the motorbikes from there. Much better to find another more peaceful place to walk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I assume that was your daily rant? You are never going to get away the motorbikes from there. Much better to find another more peaceful place to walk.

Oh please don't be a party pooper

Meet interesting people,do things discussion of statistics and other academic subjects you can relate to

I was in the I rovers last night ,they had soccer on the TV 

Another old guy obviously from the UK said in his broad accent something about the soccer 

I immediately said about his accent 

He said he was Georgidian and we had a interesting conversation about linguistics until he suddenly had to leave he had health problems but I told him all mine .

Beautiful person unfortunately he was sick and old and had to leave immediately 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I saw on Facebook a soi 6 bar for sale for 20m+ wasn't long ago they'd struggle to get the standard 1m baht. That's where they seem to make the money on selling the business rather than Beers 

There is a huge different between the asking price and what they will maybe sell it for.

I am sure there are still lots of guys out there who love the idea to own a bar and have too much money.

But more realistic people, like people who own other bars in that area, wouldn't pay so much.

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a huge different between the asking price and what they will maybe sell it for.

I am sure there are still lots of guys out there who love the idea to own a bar and have too much money.

But more realistic people, like people who own other bars in that area, wouldn't pay so much.

Of course way over priced as are bar buildings that are for sale, 3 story shi te building in a shi te street for 30m or something like that, gives a laugh though

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:
2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Where is the "Indian middle Eastern" area in Pattaya

Oh don't be racist ,there's no need for it .but thankyou for asking ,its going towards Jomtien , maybe someone can explain better 

Maybe you could explain what was "racist" about Pattaya57's, clearly, non-racist comment?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh please don't be a party pooper

Meet interesting people,do things discussion of statistics and other academic subjects you can relate to

I was in the I rovers last night ,they had soccer on the TV 

Another old guy obviously from the UK said in his broad accent something about the soccer 

I immediately said about his accent 

He said he was Georgidian and we had a interesting conversation about linguistics until he suddenly had to leave he had health problems but I told him all mine .

Beautiful person unfortunately he was sick and old and had to leave immediately 

Ok, no I am not a party pooper. This sounded much more positive, without all negativity of crowded places. 🙂 Who played, and who won?

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course way over priced as are bar buildings that are for sale, 3 story shi te building in a shi te street for 30m or something like that, gives a laugh though

I think buildings, including land, are a different thing.

I know a lady who owns two buildings in Soi Cowboy. I imagine one day there won't be any bars anymore and someone wants to buy the land to build another skyscraper... 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I saw on Facebook a soi 6 bar for sale for 20m+ wasn't long ago they'd struggle to get the standard 1m baht. That's where they seem to make the money on selling the business rather than Beers 

Yep there was one yesterday than agent had on single unit....25 Million in Soi 6

Current rate puts that at £574.000. These people are utter roasters

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

I'm keen to know how his rant at Phillipine airlines panned out lol over the "change fee"

Motorbikes are all part of the Pattaya scene and will never change

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think buildings, including land, are a different thing.

I know a lady who owns two buildings in Soi Cowboy. I imagine one day there won't be any bars anymore and someone wants to buy the land to build another skyscraper... 

Maybe, but they can't build condos everywhere

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Whilst "booming" is a bit of an exaggeration is was noticeably busier on Friday night (and Saturday based on the OP).

I wasn't referring to the bars when I said Pattaya is booming.   I have no idea how the bars are doing, nor do I care.   Pattaya is booming.