Supercar convoy causes major delays on M6 motorway (video)

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A convoy of luxury supercars obstructed traffic on the M6 motorway, causing significant delays. The incident, captured on video and posted online, has sparked heated discussions among netizens.

A video posted by the popular page “อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทริน์ part 6” shows a line of luxury supercars, led by Ferraris, cruising along the Bang Pa-in to Nakhon Ratchasima stretch of the M6 motorway.

Police vehicles accompanying the convoy prevented other drivers from overtaking, forcing the person filming to drive at 60 kilometres per hour. The driver, who had pressing matters to attend to, felt the convoy was obstructing traffic.

“Voices of taxpayers like us want to complain. Why are luxury cars allowed to have activities without any public announcement? Road users are inconvenienced,” read the post accompanying the video.

The incident took place yesterday, October 5, on the M6 motorway in Lam Takhong. The convoy of supercars caused a significant traffic build-up behind them as frustrated drivers were unable to pass.

“This is a hot, fresh incident. Why must we drive and create such trouble? Everyone has their own business to attend to. We want everyone to help voice out,” the post continued, reported KhaoSod.

The video quickly gained traction, with numerous comments pouring in. Some speculated whether the convoy was part of a film shoot or a promotional event, questioning the necessity and the lack of prior public notification.

In related news, a great number of people have read the book or seen The Horse Whisperer movie, now get ready for the buffalo whisperer after a video shared by Bang Chan Police Station went viral showing a Thai officer whispering sweet nothings in the ears of two buffaloes blocking a road in Bangkok.

The Horse Whisperer is a 1998 movie based on the 1995 novel of the same name. It’s doubtful whether there will be a sequel based on the Thai officer’s Dr Doolittle-esque animal-talking skills but his actions brought a smile to the faces of thousands on social media.

by Bright Choomanee
Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-07

news-footer-2.png

image.png

Taking Big Joke car collection for a spin to keep them running and undamaged 

Arrest the drivers, heavily fine them, ban them from driving for a year, confiscate the cars and crush them into lovely, one-of-a-kind coffee tables for the owners to enjoy and to boast about to their neighbors while they wait to regain their driver's licenses. 

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Arrest the drivers, heavily fine them, ban them from driving for a year, confiscate the cars and crush them into lovely, one-of-a-kind coffee tables for the owners to enjoy and to boast about to their neighbors while they wait to regain their driver's licenses. 

Why? On what basis? Jealousy, or some other logic?

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

In Thailand, KILOMETRES are used, not pre used!.

So can you not deduce that 80 means 80 KPH, 100 means 100KPH and believe it or not, 120 means 120 KPH. Precisely.

km/h, not KPH

Source: https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf/2d2b50bf-f2b4-9661-f402-5f9d66e4b507?version=1.9&download=true

K = kelvin (thermodynamic temperature)

P = poise (dynamic viscosity)

M = mega (multiplying factor 106)

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Bang Pa-in to Nakhon Ratchasima stretch of the M6 motorway.

Stretch? Bang Pa-in to Nakhon Ratchasima is the entire motorway - only the Lam Takhong to Korat 'stretch' is open. Poor reporting as usual.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

When I were a lad, there was a fad in the UK for "replicars", kit cars made to look like supercars. These were invariably based on VW Beetle running-gear. 

It looks like a Ferrari, sadly it sounds like a Beetle, even with a flashy exhaust it's impossible to disguise the sound of a Beetle flat-four :whistling:

EDIT I forgot to add that, of course, these things didn't go any faster than a Beetle either!

Some Beetle cars can be easily fitted with a Porsche motor !!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Puccini said:

km/h, not KPH

Source: https://www.bipm.org/documents/20126/41483022/SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf/2d2b50bf-f2b4-9661-f402-5f9d66e4b507?version=1.9&download=true

K = kelvin (thermodynamic temperature)

P = poise (dynamic viscosity)

M = mega (multiplying factor 106)

Yeh, yeh, yeh. Why do UK use mph instead of m/h?

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Says it all really, they've spent all this money on supercars and they want to drive at 60kph.

The netizens - FFS.

Well believe it or not, the maximum allowable speed on the section of the M6 that's open is jusy 80 kph. That's 50 mph - on a motorway???  Not that anyone pays attention to it but they might soon.............. last time I was up there (August) a lot of mid height poles were being installed around 500m apart, as the lights are already in, I suspect the poles may be for cameras.

80 kph? - I'll be sticking to the old road thanks.

Edited by MangoKorat

3 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Some Beetle cars can be easily fitted with a Porsche motor !!

Yes, I heard about someone doing that. He found it difficult to manoeuvre the vehicle at high speed and had to weigh it dawn with lead lead pellets in the hollow spaces of the chassis,

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yeh, yeh, yeh. Why do UK use mph instead of m/h?

That's a good question. I guess it is because in mph, m does not mean metre and mph predates the introduction of the International System of Units, which anyway some countries have not adopted as the mandatory system or, as in the UK, adopted it with a few specific exceptions, but we are talking about road signs in Thailand in this topic, I believe.

image.jpeg.6c5c1688f354bbae940a3fcda9a3bb7a.jpeg

Fortunately, though, it does not happen often that a space rocket explodes in flight because an engineer mixed up inches and centimetres. I have read about only one such incident so far, in the USA. I wish I could find that news article again. 

23 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I guess it is because in mph, m does not mean metre and mph predates the introduction of the International System of Units, which anyway some countries have not adopted as the mandatory system or, as in the UK,

I would surmise that kilometres were ínvented' around the same time as UK miles. 

We know that m in mph does not mean metre, because the metric unit of road speed is km/h, as you quite rightly say.

Edited by KannikaP

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A convoy of luxury supercars obstructed traffic on the M6 motorway, causing significant delays. The incident, captured on video and posted online, has sparked heated discussions among netizens.

A video posted by the popular page “อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทริน์ part 6” shows a line of luxury supercars, led by Ferraris, cruising along the Bang Pa-in to Nakhon Ratchasima stretch of the M6 motorway.

Police vehicles accompanying the convoy prevented other drivers from overtaking, forcing the person filming to drive at 60 kilometres per hour. The driver, who had pressing matters to attend to, felt the convoy was obstructing traffic.

“Voices of taxpayers like us want to complain. Why are luxury cars allowed to have activities without any public announcement? Road users are inconvenienced,” read the post accompanying the video.

The incident took place yesterday, October 5, on the M6 motorway in Lam Takhong. The convoy of supercars caused a significant traffic build-up behind them as frustrated drivers were unable to pass.

“This is a hot, fresh incident. Why must we drive and create such trouble? Everyone has their own business to attend to. We want everyone to help voice out,” the post continued, reported KhaoSod.

The video quickly gained traction, with numerous comments pouring in. Some speculated whether the convoy was part of a film shoot or a promotional event, questioning the necessity and the lack of prior public notification.

In related news, a great number of people have read the book or seen The Horse Whisperer movie, now get ready for the buffalo whisperer after a video shared by Bang Chan Police Station went viral showing a Thai officer whispering sweet nothings in the ears of two buffaloes blocking a road in Bangkok.

The Horse Whisperer is a 1998 movie based on the 1995 novel of the same name. It’s doubtful whether there will be a sequel based on the Thai officer’s Dr Doolittle-esque animal-talking skills but his actions brought a smile to the faces of thousands on social media.

by Bright Choomanee

-- 2024-10-07

news-footer-2.png

image.png

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Reminds me. Where's Joe Ferrari?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

by Bright Choomanee

-- 2024-10-07

news-footer-2.png

image.png

Sounds like another well organized operation by the Transportaion Department - deep pockets. Nothing surprizes me here in Thia or in Dah PI

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Puccini said:

That's a good question. I guess it is because in mph, m does not mean metre and mph predates the introduction of the International System of Units, which anyway some countries have not adopted as the mandatory system or, as in the UK, adopted it with a few specific exceptions, but we are talking about road signs in Thailand in this topic, I believe.

image.jpeg.6c5c1688f354bbae940a3fcda9a3bb7a.jpeg

Fortunately, though, it does not happen often that a space rocket explodes in flight because an engineer mixed up inches and centimetres. I have read about only one such incident so far, in the USA. I wish I could find that news article again. 

As a western I can tell you the MPH is based of a few thing. We use Miles to messure and if you drive right at 60 MPH, it will take 1 minute (60 seconds) exactly to reach 1 mile.  It is simpler and easier to use and understand (for us anyways)..   Another great exampl is if you have to get somewhere, say a friends home and its 10 miles away you know in your head it shoukld take you 10 minutes (at 60 MPH) or less...

I mean, what the kilometer messured on and what speed do you have to drive to reach 1K in 60 seconds?   If I live 10 Kilometer away from something, how do I base it?  Just asking

26 minutes ago, WoodyKenny said:

As a western I can tell you the MPH is based of a few thing. We use Miles to messure and if you drive right at 60 MPH, it will take 1 minute (60 seconds) exactly to reach 1 mile.  It is simpler and easier to use and understand (for us anyways)..   Another great exampl is if you have to get somewhere, say a friends home and its 10 miles away you know in your head it shoukld take you 10 minutes (at 60 MPH) or less...

I mean, what the kilometer messured on and what speed do you have to drive to reach 1K in 60 seconds?   If I live 10 Kilometer away from something, how do I base it?  Just asking

Mate - you need to rethink that analogy.

If you drive at 60KPH you will do 60Kms in one hour - therefore 1Km in 1 minute.

However, you are IMO 'almost correct'. The real reason feet, yards etc are still used a lot is because the height of a human being is very easily estimated when measuring them in feet - I mean how tall is someone that is 1.67 metres high?  Likewise, the world professional golf tournaments are all played in yards - and as a player I find it easier to estimate a distance in yards than in metres.  But overall the metric system leaves the imperial for dead - especially when it comes to weight and volume.

1 hour ago, WoodyKenny said:

Thats quite amusing...  the lack of basic maths understanding that is.... 

If the measurement were 'blips' and your mate was 10 blips away and travelling at 60 blips per hour, it would take you 10 mins to travel that 10 blips... 

If the measurement system is kilometres and your mate is 10kms away and you are travelling at 60kmh, it takes him 10 mins. 

If the measurement system is miles and your mate is 10miles away and you are travelling at 60mph, it takes him 10 mins. 

Its a simple Time Speed / Distance calculation.

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
1 hour ago, oldestswinger said:

The mile originated with the Romans.

Probably meant 1000 steps originally. Miile = 1000.

2000 steps...   as the 'pace' was measured at the time from 'left foot returning to the left foot' (i.e. two of our normal steps) - Mille Passus (1000 paces).

• Thanks 1