Worst Pizza In Pattaya And Petty Thiefs...

Rainmon

I don't know what's happening here lately, but there sure are alot of petty thiefs in this town.

I have lived in Pattaya over 18 months and never seen so much petty attempts to rip me off. Last month I caught a bugular in my kitchen carrying out my lap top. I moved to a new room in a different part of town and 4 out of the last 4 days on my routine activities going to dinner, lunch, buying groceries and going out to a bar, I have been short changed 3 times and hassled at Friendship Market.

Last week I decided to try a new pizza place called Slices, they advertised on TV a 100 baht all you can eat buffet. But once I got there they explained I had to buy at least a 35 baht drink and could only have one slice of pizza at a time. Then the cashier short changed me 10 baht. I had ask for ice with my drink and when I looked at my change thought maybe they charged me for the ice, but they said no. So, I ask for my correct change and the cashier just lied and said I gave her 140 baht not 150. So, I just gave up and left swearing to never go back. Plus the pizza tasted like cardboard with very little sauce. I will never eat at Slices again and the whole experience of being treated like a child by only being able to get one slice at a time is ridiculous...

The next day I am short changed at Oasis gogo 15 baht, I had 3, 55 baht beers, give the lady 200 baht, she returns with a 20 baht note. I give her that as a tip and as I am walking out, think, gezz, that lady just ripped me 15 baht. I was a little drunk so blew it off.

Next day, I am hassled for trying to buy a pack of smokes after the cashier already checked me out at Friendship Market. I am standing there, the lady just took my money and says NO, go and get in line again. They would not sell me a pack of smokes after I just paid for 3 or 400 baht worth of groceries. I shop there everyday and have never seen such rude customer service.

Today at Tukom the food court cashier attempted to short change me, I had to demand my money and finally this thief relented and gave me the correct change. Her attiude was like this was routine proceedure for her, no apology, nothing, just trying to steal from farangs any chance they get is no problem.

The sooner I get out of Pattaya the better, but I tell you one thing, the Pizza Place called Slices is the worst dinning experience I have ever had here. These people are real ass holes.

Edited by Rainmon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was also unimpressed with slices quality but the song-dance about the 99b + drink (i only drink water/beer/whisky period!) is a typical american come on. they run a commerical religiously of pcn and never mention this. i mean how many pieces can you possibly eat 3 or 4? cardboard i think sums it nicely. maybe cardboard with fake cheese.

i can also say after one and only visit to oasis ill never be back either. crappy chang beer at walking st prices, bad happy hr prices, the layout of the place is horrible (including some big post in the middle of the place <deleted>?) but the best ... girls started to chat me up. i replied in thai - not only did they f-me off, but actually got up and walked away. the really pathetic thing was i was w/ a friend here from dubai on holiday. obviously we didnt stay long... so oasis lost on that one sure. if i recall - i did not like the music either and i think as too many places these days had some dumb ass show as well.

i eat at tukcom often and never had a problem there or any other in 15 years in/out of thailand.

i would not call friendship 'friendly' but maybe too many dumb-ass farang try and pick up the girls there. only prob i have ever had was with a cashier who couldnt add.

for what its worth - i feel your pain about the thieves but i personally have neve been ripped off in thaialnd or anywhere else in asia. much of this is dumb luck.

For you own health and safety, you realy should move to a better place.

You mean a more boring place?

I love living and eating in Pattaya, and nine times out of ten, nobody tries to swindle me. Yes, there are many smarmy businessmen here, Thai and farang, but it keeps you on your toes watching out for them. And yes, when swindled, I fight back, as well we all should.

Thanks for the pizza warning. Sounds dreadful.

Edited by Jingthing

Living out in the sticks, pizza is a luxory for me on the monthly trips to Patters. Couldn't give a flying duck's about the price. Tastes like cardboard, no sauce & minimal toppings - I am going to give that place a miss.

Thanx for the report!

Soundman.

The pizzas from this place are absolutly ok. I take sometimes 2 slices back home. When I open them back home they are still crispy and hot and tasty too. They are far away from being the worst pizza in town. If you know the pizzas at the food wave, they are at least as good (in my opinion better).

The all you can eat for 99 Baht, when you come to the shop, there is a big sign that you have to buy at least a beverage. As the Slices are big and filling, it's maybe just good that you can't order several slices at once (you may not finish them all), anyway they heat every slice when you order it.

If you are a cheap Charlie, there is nearby a Gogo Bar who has once a week a special. You get with every beverage a free slice, or so I heard.

You will find better Pizzas in Town, but not for that prize. If you want to pay around 90 Baht for a Slice, Stone Oven may be the place to go.

I've been in there 2 or 3 times, and was taken back at how friendly they actually were...

About 5 of them were lined up behind the counter, first the cashier pipes up with a sawatdee kha, then the next one, then the next one, and so on. And the same again when I left.

:o

I've been in there 2 or 3 times, and was taken back at how friendly they actually were...

About 5 of them were lined up behind the counter, first the cashier pipes up with a sawatdee kha, then the next one, then the next one, and so on. And the same again when I left.

I have had the 99 baht all u eat pizza deal and found it ok when in the mood for some pizza.

I have had the 99 baht all u eat pizza deal and found it ok when in the mood for some pizza.

I too have tried the slices deal verdict nowt special.There are so many pizza places now in patters which is the best,pizzas r us,scoobys,as well as the big 2 hut and company .at the mo i rate nicks pizza no 1 spot on and the red ribs are bloody lovely. i was in khorat a while ago some fella was doing isaan pizzas in his restaurant with spicy larp and nam tok toppings well nice .

Have been to both Slices and Oasis Go-Go.

Found both to be excellent value for money.

In Slices during "happy hour(s)" eat all you want for 99 baht.

Oasis 2 for the price of 1 drinks during a random type "happy hour".

I would say the quality was pretty good and if you havent been give both a go.

Top_Cat

The pizzas from this place are absolutly ok. I take sometimes 2 slices back home. When I open them back home they are still crispy and hot and tasty too. They are far away from being the worst pizza in town. If you know the pizzas at the food wave, they are at least as good (in my opinion better).

The all you can eat for 99 Baht, when you come to the shop, there is a big sign that you have to buy at least a beverage. As the Slices are big and filling, it's maybe just good that you can't order several slices at once (you may not finish them all), anyway they heat every slice when you order it.

If you are a cheap Charlie, there is nearby a Gogo Bar who has once a week a special. You get with every beverage a free slice, or so I heard.

You will find better Pizzas in Town, but not for that prize. If you want to pay around 90 Baht for a Slice, Stone Oven may be the place to go.

Re-heated Pizza :o

Naka.

Re-heated Pizza :o

Naka.

Where is WEHO when u need him/her? ive only been a member of t.v. a sort time but as commented in a recent topic the space they call weho really does liven the posts and up this one is made for him/her. I do have a couple of possibilities as to his/her whereabouts....after buying the Play GOLF LIKE TIGER manual hes/shes gone off on a golfing holiday and is presently conquering the links of europe.....or more worryingly he/she could have overdosed after a recent crouton binge and is now in rehab....either way hope hes/shes ok.

Last week I decided to try a new pizza place called Slices, they advertised on TV a 100 baht all you can eat buffet. But once I got there they explained I had to buy at least a 35 baht drink and could only have one slice of pizza at a time.

What do you expect to get for a 99 baht all you can eat pizza deal? ...Quality pizzas with expensive ingredients thrown on? Wake up!

having grown up in the land of the sopranos with a mom and pop pizzeria on every corner,the pizza i've eaten around the world can't compare.i am amused by the local influences like avocado and chorizo pizza in california and spam and pineapple pizza in hawaii.tried the pizza hut at the central festival plaza and the thin and crispy meat lovers pizza was like eating warm ketchup on matzohs.think i'll pass on the green curry chicken and grasshoppers pizza.

......The next day I am short changed at Oasis gogo 15 baht, I had 3, 55 baht beers, give the lady 200 baht, she returns with a 20 baht note. I give her that as a tip and as I am walking out, think, gezz, that lady just ripped me 15 baht. I was a little drunk so blew it off......

Wooah... a gogo bar charging 55 Baht for a beer? That's greaattt!! :o Still, with the principle at stake I know where your coming from...kind of.

having grown up in the land of the sopranos with a mom and pop pizzeria on every corner,the pizza i've eaten around the world can't compare.i am amused by the local influences like avocado and chorizo pizza in california and spam and pineapple pizza in hawaii.tried the pizza hut at the central festival plaza and the thin and crispy meat lovers pizza was like eating warm ketchup on matzohs.think i'll pass on the green curry chicken and grasshoppers pizza.

Have you tried Big Pizza on Naklua Road? Tried it once and thought it rather nice. Classic toppings as well.

ungabunga - if youre paying more for a draft in patters than 55 for hene, youre getting ripped.

honestly - b45 for a slice is a fair value, but it aint much. the 99+35 come on - i think is raw.

tropo: aside from bell pepper veggies are dirt cheap. i just bought my salad stuff today - 1b for 1 tomato, 5b for med onion, 4b for 2 carrots - so im not buying that although the imported mushrooms are scandalous expensive (there are many alternatives). im even ok w/ the reheating if the pizza isnt really old - it is b45.

oasis still sucks compared to 85% of the walking st bars.

honestly... i dont even eat pizza. ruins my girlish figure.

but back to the 45/99+35 issue: think of all the thai food you can get for that money!! thats why i cannot bear to eat farang and drag myself into farang owned restaurants.

yummy curries

great bbq

spicy meats

fried veggies and greens

it is some of the best food in the world!

Draft beer at 55baht is a rip off, also check the size of the glass

Bottom line - if you pay the same or similar price here as you would at home - you are being rippped off

Don't like pizza

Worst place for stealing your money is the shell petrol station South pattaya road,

if youre paying more for a draft in patters than 55 for hene, youre getting ripped.

I pay 90 baht in Caddy Shack for draught Chang - very large glass, can swim in it.

Elsewhere, anything from 45 baht upwards for a smaller glass (iced glass in TQ).

Not being ripped-off anywhere. I choose to have a nice cold draught beer, I select the surroundings and sit back and enjoy. Everyone has to scratch a living, I pay not just for the beer but for the pleasure of being in a place I like, relaxing as I like.

If I don't like the atmosphere, I will not order.

The other part (Pizza).

This is basically a southern Italian meal, and bought around the Naples / Sorrento / Amalfi area is delicious.

Roman tourist trattorii make some lousy ones.

American-Italians make an American dish they call Pizza.

But this is like curry in England. It has been adapted and developed to suit the local taste. (Balti Indian food for instance started in Brum). Although sometimes very good in taste and content, it ain't the original.

Sometimes it's better than the original, because new ingredients can be added that are local to the new outlet.

In Thailand the major market for food is Thai, naturally. Most Thais are unaccustomed to cheese, thus there are alternative ingredients used in place of cheese in many dishes. A sort of mayonnaise springs to mind in several food outlets. This changes the taste of Pizza as much as the American pizza differs from the original.

If you want genuine New York Pizza, or genuine New York pastrami / corned beef / bagels / what-have-you, please go to New York, not to Amalfi, Tel Aviv, Warsaw or Pattaya.

In Pattaya eat local food, and enjoy - not gripe.

if youre paying more for a draft in patters than 55 for hene, youre getting ripped.

I pay 90 baht in Caddy Shack for draught Chang - very large glass, can swim in it.

Elsewhere, anything from 45 baht upwards for a smaller glass (iced glass in TQ).

Not being ripped-off anywhere. I choose to have a nice cold draught beer, I select the surroundings and sit back and enjoy. Everyone has to scratch a living, I pay not just for the beer but for the pleasure of being in a place I like, relaxing as I like.

If I don't like the atmosphere, I will not order.

The other part (Pizza).

This is basically a southern Italian meal, and bought around the Naples / Sorrento / Amalfi area is delicious.

Roman tourist trattorii make some lousy ones.

American-Italians make an American dish they call Pizza.

But this is like curry in England. It has been adapted and developed to suit the local taste. (Balti Indian food for instance started in Brum). Although sometimes very good in taste and content, it ain't the original.

Sometimes it's better than the original, because new ingredients can be added that are local to the new outlet.

In Thailand the major market for food is Thai, naturally. Most Thais are unaccustomed to cheese, thus there are alternative ingredients used in place of cheese in many dishes. A sort of mayonnaise springs to mind in several food outlets. This changes the taste of Pizza as much as the American pizza differs from the original.

If you want genuine New York Pizza, or genuine New York pastrami / corned beef / bagels / what-have-you, please go to New York, not to Amalfi, Tel Aviv, Warsaw or Pattaya.

Italian Pizza is to boring.

American pizza wins hands down every day.

Same as the Uk Curry.

Edited by cubes2

It can get awfully boring after 20 years. :o

It can get awfully boring after only a few months. One of the reasons I live in Pattaya is the availability and large selection of non-Thai food.