Thai visa shake-up: Southeast Asia consulates switch to e-visa only

snoop1130

9 hours ago, thecyclist said:

You are absolutely right. In addition, I would assume /hope, that the evisa doesn't require a full page sticker, therefore increase the longevity of your passport. Previously, as a frequent visa runner I ha to get a new passport every 2 years. 

The evisa is a PDF which you print. It therefore saves pages in your passport. 

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Who knows.  but It all adds to the excitement .

Meanwhile , all the consulates are getting some signs professionaly made up :

We regret to inform applicants that our

computers are currently down and we will

not be processing online applications for

evisas until next Friday. Our apologies 

for any inconvenience.

Exactly that happened when borders opened again after Covid. It was a technical disaster with people applying with all the docs and the visa coming after your plane had flown . 

18 hours ago, Serhii said:

Those of you who have VPN apps, can you please check if they have Vietnam in it? Can you please share the name of those apps that have it? I’ve checked two and they don’t.

Nord VPN has 2 in vietnam

On 10/7/2024 at 3:56 PM, shdmn said:

They can match it up with the stamps in your passport, so if you were to get a DTV from Cambodia your passport would need to have stamps showing you were there at the time it was issued.

yes.  Assuming they can tell the e visa details

10 hours ago, johng said:

They looked a bit like this in Pattaya.

pharmacynet.thumb.jpg.c35fdf1eb6edab3125e9e0352ea0a26e.jpg

I am 67.  First visit to Pattaya was in 2004.  I loved the internet cafes.  Very convenient.  I don't do much online and it was all and still would be all I need.  I almost bought an internet cafe.  Boy that would have been sunk money.  So hard to keep up with Windows software, would have had to replace computers with each windows or mac OS versions.  I still think they have a place. Yes my MOTO smart phone has internet access and I can do much with it, the screen is still pretty small.  Can't open multiple windows and view them easily.  Got to connect to printers as necessary and if even possible depending on the local printer setup.  A computer in a shop would already be setup with a printer.  Security and private information going out on the cafe computer would probably be the bigger concern.