Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Inderpland

14 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

probably something like this, if you listen just at the end he says 'floods and hurricanes are all subject to manipulation', that was 9 years ago too, how has technology advanced in that time.  

Yes, let's hear how technology has advanced to the point where 'they' can control the weather to the extent that they're able to target areas with high concentration of MAGA voters.

This should be interesting! 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Yes, let's hear how technology has advanced to the point where 'they' can control the weather to the extent that they're able to target areas with high concentration of MAGA voters.

No probs, only the Democrats are fair weather voters.

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

just the usual Yank stupidity think something up spread it about and they suck it up and believe it. Why do all the conspiracy theories start from America ??

That stupidity isn't contained to "yanks" as is evident on this site. All conspiracies dont start in USA but unlike many countries there is freedom of speech,  even for moron

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

That stupidity isn't contained to "yanks" as is evident on this site. All conspiracies dont start in USA but unlike many countries there is freedom of speech,  even for moron

There's freedom of speech in all Western democracies, even for morons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Concentration of maga voters? don't know what thats about, i am referring to the 'conspiracies' surrounding weather manipulation. 

i don't have a clue how far the technology has advanced, do you? given that in the video he specifically says floods and hurricanes are subject to manipulation. it would seem very far fetched to me that a hurricane could be created from nothing, but can you say 100% it cannot? what qualifications do you have .

many times you guys have run with a story to from the msm to either mock or discredit Trump, his supporters and reps etc, only to have it blow up in your face. and be left looking stupid. i expect this will be the case here too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

She can't be that stupid as she is a US senator.

IMHO the really stupid ones, are the voters who elected her to represent them.

MTG isn't a US senator, thankfully.

She represents the 14th Congressional District in the state of Georgia, so she's one of 435 members of the House of Representatives.

But you're right, it is difficult to imagine what her constituents must be like.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Partially right in the context that the govt did try to affect the weather so part of her claim about that is semi accurate but taken completely out of the context it was done in. My post wasn't rocket science. 

But mostly wrong. Weather modification has been attempted by many nations since the 1950s. Mostly unsuccessfully and never anywhere near "controlling the weather". 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

MTG isn't a US senator, thankfully.

She represents the 14th Congressional District in the state of Georgia, so she's one of 435 members of the House of Representatives.

But you're right, it is difficult to imagine what her constituents must be like.

My apologies. I goy it wrong again. :sorry:

8 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Problem for all of you in this echo chamber is that Kamala Harris is a Marxist who was brought up by a Marxist.

Similar happened in UK recently - people laughed off Kier Stalin's Trotskyite past but are now up in arms now he's implementing Marxist policies - screwing the old and those with assets - REdistributing THEIR wealth..

So be careful what you wish for

Nice spin on this but facts are facts

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-father-marxist-economist/

Space Lazers are the last thing u guys should be woryring about - a Soros sponsered marxist running the US WILL affect YOU.  BADLY.

Good Luck

I'm afraid Batman has slipped and fallen on his head.😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Is that so? Looking forward to you giving us a long list of examples.

But if you can't put up you know what you should do.

so ignore the rest of the comment.  care to elaborate on the video clip i posted? 
this clearly relates to what MTG has said. (although i have not seen everything she has said)

Just now, Yagoda said:

The greatest conspiracy in the history of politics was the Russia Hoax, an election interference conspiracy perpetrated by the Democratic Leadership against the American people.

Just for a sense of proportion.

You mean Putin did not try to affect the election in Trump's favor??

If you truly believe that we need to talk about a cook bridge I can sell you!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

See..they still believe and push their own hoax. Talk about Flat Earthers.

13 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Problem for all of you in this echo chamber is that Kamala Harris is a Marxist who was brought up by a Marxist.

Another false MAGA talking point.

Kamala Harris's parents split when she was 5 years old and her father, the economics professor, wasn't closely involved in her upbringing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/04/us/politics/kamala-harris-father.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Qk4.dd-T.c0jgE4gdvfjZ&smid=url-share

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Don't compare cloud seeding with creating hurricanes that target MAGA areas. Not the same.

so how about the 'conspiracy theory' that the areas affected by the hurricane (Asheville) sits on or near huge lithium deposits, thats is something i have seen popping up a couple of times over the last week

26 minutes ago, mikebike said:

But mostly wrong. Weather modification has been attempted by many nations since the 1950s. Mostly unsuccessfully and never anywhere near "controlling the weather". 

Nope not at all. You obviously didn't read what I wrote or don't comprehend it. You may want to read it again.

I never said she was right or that the Harp experiments controlled the weather. I clearly said if that's where she got any info she took it completely out of context. 

10 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so how about the 'conspiracy theory' that the areas affected by the hurricane (Asheville) sits on or near huge lithium deposits, thats is something i have seen popping up a couple of times over the last week

King's Mountain, the location of the lithium deposits, is near Charlotte, not Asheville, and is not in the area most affected by Helene.

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Also Hunter Biden's laptop and Joe Bidens mental health.  Both of which were covered up via conspiracy, and no one even talks about them now.  They've been conveniently forgotten about, while both issues should make the American public angry.  They get forgotten because the left has the power and these are left-wing conspiracies.  Someone who hates Trump doesn't care if the country was lied to, because they got what they wanted.  Anyone complaining will be labelled as right-wing and silenced.

The issue is, the left have control, so they are able to perpetrate conspiracies and keep them quiet.  Of course, when people talk about them, they label them as whack-job conspiracies precisely because they don't want people talking about them.

The-issue of Hunter Biden's laptop has left the room because Joe Biden is no longer a candidate for President and has lost its usefulness to the MAGA crowd.

The laptop issue has been covered in depth by both the likes of WaPo and NYP, so It's gotten plenty of exposure from both political sides. 

If you are jonesing for laptop coverage, call Rupert Murdoch and demand that the New York Post gin up some more false outrage. But I don't think there's any mileage left in it and perhaps that's what is so annoying for the MAGAs.

49 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so ignore the rest of the comment.  care to elaborate on the video clip i posted? 
this clearly relates to what MTG has said. (although i have not seen everything she has said)

So you've got nothing. Well, then you know what you should do.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

If you mean by not attacking Ukraine on Trump's watch, I can live with that.  I like peace.

50 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think it's just the fact that when an idea comes from the left, it has mainstream acceptance and the left-wing press repeat it, rather than trying to cover it up.  For the right, it is the opposite.

At the same time, conservatives tend to be lumped together, while progressives are treated as being more individual.  For example, any right-wing nutjob (like Alex Jones) is held up as a model of how conservatives think, while left-wing nutjobs (such as antifa or BLM) either have their crimes ignored or they just kind of fade from memory.

Basically, we passed a tipping point/narrative change, where left-wing talking points are reported as being correct in the press, while right-wing talking points are reported as being conspiracy theories.  People even go as far as to say that anything that the right brings up should be ignored by the very nature of the right being the ones concerned about it.

Whomever controls the narrative (the press and internet) decides who is talking about "conspiracy theories" and who is talking about "real things that we should all be worried about".  And the press and the internet, are, of course, controlled predominantly by the left.

So they aren't more susceptible, it's just not being reported honestly.

What a load of utter rubbish.

'I think it's just the fact that when an idea comes from the left, it has mainstream acceptance and the left-wing press repeat it, rather than trying to cover it up.  For the right, it is the opposite.'

Please list the left-wing 'ideas' equivalent to space lasers, weather control, Pizzagate etc that has gotten mainstream acceptance through manipulation?

And yes, I know I sound like a broken record when I repeatedly ask you MAGA guys to backup your claims with facts but since I'm a facts driven person that's something I'll never stop doing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Also Hunter Biden's laptop and Joe Bidens mental health.  Both of which were covered up via conspiracy, and no one even talks about them now.  They've been conveniently forgotten about, while both issues should make the American public angry.  They get forgotten because the left has the power and these are left-wing conspiracies.  Someone who hates Trump doesn't care if the country was lied to, because they got what they wanted.  Anyone complaining will be labelled as right-wing and silenced.

The issue is, the left have control, so they are able to perpetrate conspiracies and keep them quiet.  Of course, when people talk about them, they label them as whack-job conspiracies precisely because they don't want people talking about them.

Hunter Biden's laptop? What about Donald Trump's treason? What about that, ey??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1