One Student Killed, One Critically Injured in Collision with Russian’s Maserati: Na Jomtien

Georgealbert

IMG_6590.jpeg

Two vocational students were involved in a fatal crash when their motorcycle collided with a luxury Maserati. One student died on the scene, while the other was critically injured. The incident occurred on the evening of October 8, as the two were returning home after class.

At approximately 18:40, Pol. Lt. Thanakorn Suetrong, Deputy Inspector at Na Jomtien Police Station, received a report of a crash on Rural Road ChB 1003 near Khao Chi Chan Forest Park, Na Jomtien, Sattahip District. Emergency responders from Yan Sang Wararam Hospital and Sawang Rojanatham Sathan Rescue Foundation were immediately dispatched to the scene.

Upon arrival, authorities found two male students, both aged 17, involved in the crash. The passenger sustained serious injuries, including cuts and bruises, and a broken left leg. He was quickly transported to Yan Sang Wararam Hospital for treatment. Tragically, the driver was found dead at the scene. Both students were in their first year of vocational training.

Nearby, the authorities discovered a badly damaged black Yamaha motorcycle with Rayong license plate. The front of the motorcycle was completely wrecked. Approximately 100 metres from the crash site, a black Maserati, driven by an unidentified Russian national, was found with severe damage to its left side, including a shattered front window and broken wheel. The foreign driver, who refused to provide their name or speak with the media, waited at the scene to give a statement to the police.

The grandmother of the deceased student, Mrs. Naowarat Jaroonlert, 59, arrived at the scene and tearfully confirmed her grandson’s identity. Devastated by the loss, she explained that her grandson had just finished his classes and was on his way home to Ban Chang, Rayong, when the accident occurred.

The police have recorded evidence from the scene and will question the Maserati driver further. Investigators are awaiting the recovery of the injured student to gain more information on the cause of the accident before proceeding with any legal action.

Picture from responders.

IMG_6588.jpeg

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-09

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Sad 9

When you are 15 you can get a learners permit. If you drive with this you must be accompanied by a driver that has had a drivers license for a minimum of 3 years. No independent driving is allowed. You can not drive a 110cc alone without a drivers license,

• Thumbs Up 2

Above there are a lot of misinformation. This is how it is.

At 15 years of age you can get something called a learners permit, which allows young people to drive 110 cc motorbike or less.

At 18 years of age you can get a real motorbike license that let´s you drive any motorbike as it is today. Talks have been made that they should make a specific license for bikes over 250 or 300 cc, but that idea has stranded.

So, in reality, we do not know if the driver of the motorbike had a license, nor if he drove a legal size of motorbike.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, pattjock said:

When you are 15 you can get a learners permit. If you drive with this you must be accompanied by a driver that has had a drivers license for a minimum of 3 years. No independent driving is allowed. You can not drive a 110cc alone without a drivers license,

Where did you find that information?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, pattjock said:

Please dont post nonsense. 

Thai law allows a student of 15 years old to apply for a license which allows them to operate a motor scooter at 110cc or less. To obtain a license to operate a car or motorcycle over 110cc, applicants must be 18 years of age. All expats living in Thailand are required to get a Thai drivers license.Feb 1, 2566 BE

31 minutes ago, marin said:

Please dont post nonsense. 

Thai law allows a student of 15 years old to apply for a license which allows them to operate a motor scooter at 110cc or less. To obtain a license to operate a car or motorcycle over 110cc, applicants must be 18 years of age. All expats living in Thailand are required to get a Thai drivers license.Feb 1, 2566 BE

All expats living in Thailand are required to get a Thai drivers license.

Nonsense

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

RIP for the kids but when these kids going to realise that driving illegally is a recipe for disaster on these roads.

Note ,before anybody says how you know they were driving illegally, Yamaha doesnt make a 110 which is the legal limit even with a license until your 18

I used to get furious when I saw black motorcycles at night, with riders wearing dark clothing, and the rear light not working.

I used to warn them about their rear light being out, especially at night.

Now, TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Where did you find that information?

That was the first information I found. Having looked further, at a number of different references, I may have been incorrect. It looks like you can get an unlimited, probationary, license when you are 15. This license is valid for 2 years and you need to pass all the required practical, theoretical and medical requirements. I have not found any reference limiting the bike to 110cc.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that you can get a license when you are 15 does not mean that all 15 year old drivers have a license. Latest poll shows that 32% of the drivers on Thai roads do not have a license. And most kids driving to school do not have a helmet.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Or the motorcycle did?

yeah i am kind of curious as to why the news did not point finger at someone or lay blame. Surely it was meant to protect the boys only. if the accident was even remotely done by the foreigner it would be blasted all over the news. I think positioning of the car would tell who was at fault. Either the car was in his lane or not. Because of the odd lack or information regarding this, I am suspecting the boys did it. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I don't think so 

In the top photo the car is straddling the double white line that separates the bike lane from the main road. Unless the car was moved after the impact, it does appear to be on the wrong side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

In the top photo the car is straddling the double white line that separates the bike lane from the main road. Unless the car was moved after the impact, it does appear to be on the wrong side.

Appear 🤗

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Per the article

9 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Approximately 100 metres from the crash site, a black Maserati, driven by an unidentified Russian national, was found with severe damage to its left side, including a shattered front window and broken wheel.

10 hours ago, Card said:

Looks like the car drove on wrong side of road

Definitely, he is straddling the bicycle lane and the opposite lane he should have been in for the direction the car is facing!

7 hours ago, pattjock said:

That was the first information I found. Having looked further, at a number of different references, I may have been incorrect. It looks like you can get an unlimited, probationary, license when you are 15. This license is valid for 2 years and you need to pass all the required practical, theoretical and medical requirements. I have not found any reference limiting the bike to 110cc.

Neither will you find any required training, or road test. Basically, they are sending new motorcycle riders out to die, in this case ....children.