Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

12 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

A lot of deep thinking on this thread.

I think that might be a mistake that many make, over thinking things from a western perspective, especially those who have been sadly brainwashed and conditioned by feminists .

With Thai females they think with their hearts, not their heads.

Best to keep it simple, don’t ask any complicated questions and to completely skip over any foreplay, it just confuses them. 

If that is what you believe of all Thai women then you are probably not capable of asking any complicated questions. 🤣

6 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

It worked with me and my wife in England, both my parents, my sister and her husband, and all of the other people I knew who were fit and able to work.

Now I know you must be joking.

The evidence does not support your generalisation, you are the exception if it is true what you are saying. This is how it normally works:

"Both saw him as the main earner and both considered that he controlled the

family finances. They had a joint account, into which his salary was paid, while

her salary was paid into her own account."

"We have a joint account into which his money goes and the household expenditure is made

from."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240260310_Couples_and_their_money_patterns_of_accounting_and_accountability_in_the_domestic_economy

retarted thailand where a farang girl married to a thai can get citizenship or at least PR very easy

equal gay marriages and all, great

what about some basic human rights, for farangs... right to work (no excluded jobs), buy a house in own name, land I mean included for the nit pickers, no 90 day prison game

38 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

I feel sorry for you, if that is your experience of women then you must have a terrible life. 

I know many Thai families where both the man and woman work and pay for things together. 

Maybe it is different in the North East though, I have never wanted to go there. 

No hang on, when I had a house built six years ago in Rayong the builders were a Thai family from Issan, the Thai woman and the husband both worked on building the house. 

Therefore the guarantee you have made above has become instantly invalid. 

You said, "This is how it works the world over."

I know for a fact most married people in the UK are in a situation where they both work, it has been that way ever since my parent's time and I am in my sixties. 

Yet another false claim. 

I will make a silly claim now, 100% of people are aliens. 

I see many Thai couples in my neighborhood climbing in the back of a pickup and go to a construction site together to try to build a future.

But strange enough, the woman stops working (and the whole family retire) as soon as a foreigner comes into the equation.

• Thanks 1

My wife says I’m heartless, my response is “it’s how I maintain sanity”. And no, she is not financially independent on me, she has her own money. Nothing is more blinding than an emotional quagmire and if guys want to lose their head and mindlessly jump into a money pit and crash and burn, then I’d suppose it’s well deserved.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

where does CharlieH get his inspiration for these thread topics?

ChatGPT? Alcohol? Weed? A combination of all 3?

Why don’t send him a pm and ask.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

I see many Thai couples in my neighborhood climbing in the back of a pickup and go to a construction site together to try to build a future.

But strange enough, the woman stops working (and the whole family retire) as soon as a foreigner comes into the equation.

In that case, you are only mixing with poor people and it must be a poor neighborhood you are living in re-climbing into a pickup truck.

You do not see the other half of Thailand where people live in nice houses like the Thais living in my area, Phuket, (99% Thai households) no one is climbing into the back of pickup trucks here, they are climbing into their nice new family cars.

So that explains where you are getting your one-sided information from. 

If I went to England and only ever went into pubs and nowhere else I would probably arrive at a false conclusion and think every English person drinks daily and no one works.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

retarted thailand where a farang girl married to a thai can get citizenship or at least PR very easy

equal gay marriages and all, great

what about some basic human rights, for farangs... right to work (no excluded jobs), buy a house in own name, land I mean included for the nit pickers, no 90 day prison game

You said, "retarted thailand....."

More like "retarded West".

Hundreds of thousands of people put one foot on English soil and say the word "Asylum" and they are handed a nice free hotel room for the next year or two, how retarded is that. 

Or allowing stupid farangs to marry and bring low-life bar girls into England, many wait out five years to become British while stealing all the farang's money and then move on to the next one.

I have heard many sob stories of this happening, it does make me laugh though. 

I don't mind filling in an online form for the 90-day reporting in Thailand, I can spare three minutes to do that. 

Edited by JamesPhuket10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

The evidence does not support your generalisation, you are the exception if it is true what you are saying. This is how it normally works:

"Both saw him as the main earner and both considered that he controlled the

family finances. They had a joint account, into which his salary was paid, while

her salary was paid into her own account."

"We have a joint account into which his money goes and the household expenditure is made

from."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240260310_Couples_and_their_money_patterns_of_accounting_and_accountability_in_the_domestic_economy

From the article, you have extracted a couple of lines that support your view and have ignored all of the rest which does not support your view. 

Plus what about the real-life experiences of yourself and the people around you?

9 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

From the article, you have extracted a couple of lines that support your view and have ignored all of the rest which does not support your view. 

Plus what about the real-life experiences of yourself and the people around you?

It's quite interesting, when I was a Cayman lawyer earning 6 figures I got my then wife a job as a secretary. She earned 60,000 dollars on top of my salary. Do you think she paid for the rent, food or necessities? No. All saved for her.

I had a female lawyer colleague, who had a handyman husband, I have to assume she paid the very expensive rent and food costs at the time.

I would say in the lower economic stratas where both have to work they have to pool it all together, but where the man earns more, or the sole income, he would pay for everything. Or if the woman does, then she would. That's my experience. I've never met these people who supposedly do everything half half and split costs exactly and have serious doubts they exist.

2 hours ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

In that case, you are only mixing with poor people and it must be a poor neighborhood you are living in re-climbing into a pickup truck.

Nothing to do withthe neighborhood.
In Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) they are rebuilding the Mittraphap Rd., tunneling the road between The Mall and the Macro, and a lot of workers are day-workers. Travelling back and forth on the bed of a pickup.
There are in Korat "High Class" settlements like the ones in Phuket or anywhere in Thailand.
But these are not for the common Thai people.
Shows your attitude, supremacy, towards the "common" Thai people.