driving licence

6 minutes ago, pierrenoel said:

i try to book an appointment online to renew my driving licence in pattaya DLT banglamung smart queue booking website,it is out of service,no booking availlable,is there something who work in this country

I thought you had to physically go there to make an appointment.  Not all the DLT offices offer online appointments and those that do don't necessarily offer them for every activity.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently saw a video with an agent who said: go to Rayong. It's worth the trip. Just walk in there.

I can't swear for it.

And yes, do the online "training" to obtain a QR code that saves you from possible video watching at the office.

If you willing to spend money engage an agent.

If I can believe them they can do magic tricks like medical certificate without ever seeing a doctor 😳

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And yes, do the online "training" to obtain a QR code that saves you from possible video watching at the office.

At the Pattaya/Banglamung office the online video training is mandatory  now..no choice of watching the video at the office

( at least for us "dirty foreigners" :tongue:)

I must say that the experience there was much better this time than 6 years ago   when it was very crowded and hectic mayhem in every department...they now have tents  for people to wait  outside not crowding the building  and so its much more relaxed inside...no more need for the megaphone which rests quietly on the shelf  all conversations at normal levels...  beware that to pay the licence fee they only take the good ole cash money  none of that new fangled  "scan" stuff 👍

For my medical certificate I made the "mistake"  of going to "Wat Yarn" hospital  where it was a bit of a long drawn out process  involving having blood pressure taken at the auto machine x 2 as mine was high due to white coat syndrome a lunch break and then actually seeing a doctor  who asked numerous questions   and for the physical check he asked me to roll up my trouser leg  which he looked at from where he sat about half a meter away

I joked with him that the leg was very white  and he agreed  signed the papers  I then had more waiting for a nurse to put the "Official" stamp of approval on the certificate   and that was half a day wasted..next time go to the early evening clinic and not an actual hospital !!

43 minutes ago, pierrenoel said:

thank,you will go back to get your driving licence,how many weeks you must wait for your appointment 

My wait was 12 days..  It will of course vary  but they only  process 100 foreigner drivers licences per day  according to the sign at the affice.

11 minutes ago, johng said:

For my medical certificate I made the "mistake"

Indeed. Seems you picked the most thorough check ever 😃

The maximum I experienced was blood pressure and using the stethoscope.

Others: assistant walks with the form to doctors office for signature. Never seen myself.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1