Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

Georgealbert

1 hour ago, mdr224 said:

Speaking from experience i see. You’ve obviously been rammed in the butt by a ladyboy or two

So you have experience being rammed in the butt by ladyboys? I hope you made them wear condoms. 

As for the gambling. I am curious is it still gambling if they can not prove you were using the chips for real money? What good is playing poker without something to bet with even if it is only chips to see the outcome of who wins? 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

nine players were arrested, alongside one dealer and a housemaid who was serving food at the time of the raid.

The housemaid was arrested for serving food ...?

It becomes more grotesque every day ...

Housemaids , beware ...

14 hours ago, NativeBob said:

playing cards is not "gambling" until proven.

Few years in secondary school? 

Are you serious? Do you live in Thailand?!? A few years back old folks playing BRIDGE were busted. No money involved, obviously no betting, but the BiB don't care. Foreigners don't have a leg to stand on regarding "innocent until proven guilty." There were frigging chips on an obvious poker table. You're really betting on the wrong horse here, Hoss.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The morons here must understand, that it´s nothing illegal in using your own money for the thrill and the entertainment you like, as long as it does not hurt anybody physically. There is no crime here. Especially as they are trying to force a gambling bill through. Stupid people. There is no help for these lunatics.

What nonesense. They were gambling. It’s illegal. Police have the rights to raid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

poker chips used in place of cash, and a small amount of money.

So they were using chips to keep score and there wasn't a significant amount of money found?

I wonder if they found the money in their wallets, or set aside to pay the dealer, the food server and the Grab delivery guy?

Sounds like the only crime was having too many decks of cards.  Book 'em DanO. 

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Speaking from experience i see. You’ve obviously been rammed in the butt by a ladyboy or two

You have never really lived until you have been gangbanged by a pack of Pattaya ladyboys high on amphetamines. 
Makes P Diddy look like a choir boy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

They seized chairs? Maybe I better learn how to sit on the floor in order to keep my chair in my room ... 😉 

And americans? I'm sure those were not from Bolivia or Argentina. 😉

No surprise. 

48 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Are you serious? Do you live in Thailand?!? A few years back old folks playing BRIDGE were busted. No money involved, obviously no betting, but the BiB don't care. Foreigners don't have a leg to stand on regarding "innocent until proven guilty." There were frigging chips on an obvious poker table. You're really betting on the wrong horse here, Hoss.

The bridge players were "busted" for breaking the Playing Cards Act 1943 which states no more than 120 playing cards, they were not "busted" for gambling.

45 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

What nonesense. They were gambling. It’s illegal. Police have the rights to raid. 

Is the twice monthly government lottery where you can win millions not gambling ?

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

Agreed. Some damned fools think they are still sat at home in their bedsit!

Pattaya aka sin city...

so... keep it rolling baby... 

Enjoy until you get caught, or into a brawl, or drugged, or mugged, or lose gold, or punched, or hit by a vehicle,   or... whatever... list is endless... 

So all farangs, Chinese,  Russians, Indians, Arabs, European, Latins, Australians, Asians,  Africans... blah blah blah... 

Keep coming to pattaya... enjoy the life as per your choice and also be ready to face the consequences in case you get involved in any of acts deemed improper... 👍 👌 🙆‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

The bridge players were "busted" for breaking the Playing Cards Act 1943 which states no more than 120 playing cards, they were not "busted" for gambling.

Where in my post did you read that I had said the Bridge players were gambling? I specifically said there was obviously NO betting going on. ???

The point is, the BiB do whatever the hell they want here. Complaining about how "unfair" it is is a waste of time.

13 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Where in my post did you read that I had said the Bridge players were gambling? I specifically said there was obviously NO betting going on. ???

The point is, the BiB do whatever the hell they want here. Complaining about how "unfair" it is is a waste of time.

You clearly did say they were not gambling, true. However you intimated that they were not breaking the law, when in fact they were. The police were not doing whatever they wanted, they were upholding the law, ( however ridiculous that may be).

19 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The arrested individuals included three South Korean nationals, two Americans, two Australians, one Russian, and one British citizen.

Freakin' United Nations.

Thailand should really consider being a hub for bringing peace among different nations by engaging in criminal activities. 

The comrade hub.