Tik Shiro Car Crash Sparks Demand for Alcohol Test Inquiry

webfact

41 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

These organization mean well but instead of requesting need to get tough on police, judges and demand!

agree but its the  ombudsman job to do that

This is blatant coruption

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Agree 1

Here on the islands, I see many Thais driving bikes at night, with no rear light.

I was told that they often take the bulb out so that they cannot be followed at night.

I have no idea if that is the case here, but a stopped bike at night, on a dark road where one would not expect to see a bike stopped, would be difficult to see. Especially if there was no rear light.

Also where the driver was wearing tinted glasses.

Sad accident either way.

• Agree 1

Now media attention is on this case,bit late for drunk test,maybe a fine now  something to the  family members or he will go to be a  monk for awhile all is then forgiven.Just don,t mention the red bull heir  did the same escaped and the rest is history.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

agree but its the  ombudsman job to do that

This is blatant coruption

True but these groups need to get these so call Ombudsman whoever off their butts but as you noted blatant corruption that includes the ombudsman who are too afraid also to push for the change.

In the States years past it was the same except those in charge didn't take it seriously, but the organization MADD, mothers who lost family member or friends started to push back at the police, prosecutors and judges. That is where it has to start from the victims families.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

True but these groups need to get these so call Ombudsman whoever off their butts but as you noted blatant corruption that includes the ombudsman who are too afraid also to push for the change.

In the States years past it was the same except those in charge didn't take it seriously, but the organization MADD, mothers who lost family member or friends started to push back at the police, prosecutors and judges. That is where it has to start from the victims families.

I am afraid you  can not compare a western culture to here,  for one, once the grieving is over, the victims families just want money !! they don't care who is in charge they know they will not get money from the police !! the only way to get anything done is by shaming or loss of face

Here's an interesting factoid. Why is the foundation called the Don't Drive Drunk Foundation and not the Don't Drink and Drive Foundation? 

I asked someone at a famous alcoholic drinks company that sponsored the foundation and was told they didn't want to stop people drinking and driving, just not drunk.

Makes you wonder.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Here on the islands, I see many Thais driving bikes at night, with no rear light.

I was told that they often take the bulb out so that they cannot be followed at night.

I have no idea if that is the case here, but a stopped bike at night, on a dark road where one would not expect to see a bike stopped, would be difficult to see. Especially if there was no rear light.

Also where the driver was wearing tinted glasses.

Sad accident either way.

Not forgetting the dark tint that many add to their car windscreens.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

BANGKOK - Surasit Silapngam, Manager of the Don’t Drive Drunk Foundation, urged national police chief Pol. Gen. Kittirat Phanphat to initiate an investigation into the actions of Pol. Col. Narenthraeng Kluengsanook, chief of Khannayao Police Station.

The call follows an incident where Narenthraeng declined to administer an alcohol test on Sirisak Nantasena, better known as singer Tik Shiro, after a crash that left two people dead and one injured. The accident took place in the Khannayao Police Station jurisdiction.

Silapngam stated that he had formally requested the establishment of an investigative committee to review the police chief's decision, which he claims violated the National Police Office’s regulations on alcohol testing. These regulations, effective since October 7, 2022, mandate blood alcohol testing in accident cases involving fatalities or injuries.

The foundation’s manager stressed the importance of adherence to these rules, warning that such negligence could set a dangerous precedent nationwide. He explained that any delay or failure to conduct alcohol tests could allow offenders to evade charges, as alcohol levels naturally decline over time.

Silapngam dismissed common excuses like chest pain, which are often cited to avoid testing, as legally unfounded. He noted that even unconscious drivers could have their blood drawn for testing by hospital staff upon police request, without violating their rights.

Silapngam also clarified that his request for an investigation is not motivated by personal animosity toward Narenthraeng. Instead, he hopes this case serves as a warning to police officers across the country.

In fatal or injurious crashes, he said, alcohol testing must be conducted without exception. He further emphasized that suspects who refuse to cooperate with testing procedures should face charges under existing laws, which include up to two years in prison or fines ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 baht.

Picture courtesy: Siam Rath

RELATED TOPIC

Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Siam Rath

Source: https://aseannow.com/topic/1340376-famous-singer-tik-shiro-involved-in-fatal-bangkok-car-accident-two-dead/

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-12

news-footer-3.png

image.png

This smells like rotten fish! That police officer should be moved to an inactive post in an office somewhere in Isaan!!

100% agree with the skepticism... 

Firstly - they can give the driver a breathalyser test...   thats the first indicator. 

They can take his blood at the station (or hospital) and test that for drugs and alcohol. 

This should be SOP for any serious accident.. (and simple breathalyser test for any accident at all).

So..  my question now is: Why was this man not breathalysed at the scene, or back at the police station ?

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

I am afraid you  can not compare a western culture to here,  for one, once the grieving is over, the victims families just want money !! they don't care who is in charge they know they will not get money from the police !! the only way to get anything done is by shaming or loss of face

I agree to a point we have more in common than you think. I use western culture because that is maybe what is needed. Agree here it is pay them off when you are poor offer of any kind of money yes makes the problem go away. I know that first hand year ago my brother wife brother was killed by a guy who ran the red. lnsurance, here you go 300,000 baht I was there when they were talking about it the look on their faces was like O.K. we got another son!

When you say " shaming or loss of face "  that is what needs to be done maybe the Western way is the way here. MADD, banned together got financial support and use that money along with obtaining powerful backing to to force the police hands, the judges it they turn a blind eye light sentencing  they went to the media and had and as you noted shame them. In the Beginning, they published the addresses and stalked these people into submission regardless of the payout, it wasn't enough the payout families through groups provided legal help to go after Civil damages.

That is what is needed here groups that don't bend regardless of the family greed at times. Continue to go after one major problem these groups don't have a ton of lawyers to fight for them and pick up the cost and that is another step that needs to be taken.

The system is so overloaded with corruption the case in mind is Red Bull!  But it has to start somewhere the Thai way isn't working as you and I can see!

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I agree to a point we have more in common than you think. I use western culture because that is maybe what is needed. Agree here it is pay them off when you are poor offer of any kind of money yes makes the problem go away. I know that first hand year ago my brother wife brother was killed by a guy who ran the red. lnsurance, here you go 300,000 baht I was there when they were talking about it the look on their faces was like O.K. we got another son!

When you say " shaming or loss of face "  that is what needs to be done maybe the Western way is the way here. MADD, banned together got financial support and use that money along with obtaining powerful backing to to force the police hands, the judges it they turn a blind eye light sentencing  they went to the media and had and as you noted shame them. In the Beginning, they published the addresses and stalked these people into submission regardless of the payout, it wasn't enough the payout families through groups provided legal help to go after Civil damages.

That is what is needed here groups that don't bend regardless of the family greed at times. Continue to go after one major problem these groups don't have a ton of lawyers to fight for them and pick up the cost and that is another step that needs to be taken.

The system is so overloaded with corruption the case in mind is Red Bull!  But it has to start somewhere the Thai way isn't working as you and I can see!

Never happen !!  you can see as much as you like you are in Thailand or are you one of theses posters oversea   afraid its the Thai  way

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

100% agree with the skepticism... 

Firstly - they can give the driver a breathalyser test...   thats the first indicator. 

They can take his blood at the station (or hospital) and test that for drugs and alcohol. 

This should be SOP for any serious accident.. (and simple breathalyser test for any accident at all).

So..  my question now is: Why was this man not breathalysed at the scene, or back at the police station ?

Seems pointless asking the question as i already believe you know the answer  as every one here does   please read forum rule about bold post

Edited by MikeandDow

13 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK - Surasit Silapngam, Manager of the Don’t Drive Drunk Foundation, urged national police chief Pol. Gen. Kittirat Phanphat to initiate an investigation into the actions of Pol. Col. Narenthraeng Kluengsanook, chief of Khannayao Police Station.

The call follows an incident where Narenthraeng declined to administer an alcohol test on Sirisak Nantasena, better known as singer Tik Shiro, after a crash that left two people dead and one injured. The accident took place in the Khannayao Police Station jurisdiction.

Hmm, from the original thread of the accident.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1340376-famous-singer-tik-shiro-involved-in-fatal-bangkok-car-accident-two-dead/

Tik Shiro was taken by the police to undergo an alcohol test as part of the investigation into the incident. The results of the blood tests is expected to take several days.