How much negotiation on new bikes?

I'm looking at buying the Honda ADV 160 quoted at 99,900 baht or the Honda PCX 160 quoted at 94,500 baht (Pattaya prices). I think they said rego was around 2100-2200 not sure. I look online and these prices seem pretty standard.

How negotiable are Thailand dealers? I know I can just go offer and see but I'd prefer to be more knowledgeable beforehand.

Example, for the ADV would they take 100k with rego, or PCX for 96k with rego? Or could I get the 1100 baht rack included for free?

Thanks for any advice

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How negotiable are Thailand dealers? I know I can just go offer and see but I'd prefer to be more knowledgeable beforehand.

There is not much negotiation  you either take their offer or not  they (mostly) don't give discounts for cash  as they make much more profit  from the finance options  offered to Thais, they may throw in a crappy helmet and jacket if you are lucky  and depending if its a BMW or Ducati 😋

If you want a good discount then look towards privately sold second hand 

or even  second hand "finance returns" at the dealership  they often have low mileage and a bit of a discount.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I'm looking at buying the Honda ADV 160 quoted at 99,900 baht or the Honda PCX 160 quoted at 94,500 baht (Pattaya prices). I think they said rego was around 2100-2200 not sure. I look online and these prices seem pretty standard.

Example, for the ADV would they take 100k with rego, or PCX for 96k with rego? Or could I get the 1100 baht rack included for free?

Thanks for any advice

Sadly it's Pattaya, they won't budge, you'll get a free plastic helmet. 

I've heard of lower prices elsewhere but is it worth the bother. 

A couple of guys have bought from this dealer, saved a couple of grand. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/LTQWKdyMHtjuXomB6

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys, I sort of got that feeling that prices were fixed as all dealers I went to had same price.

I will try for a free 1100 baht rack if I agree to also buy the 3000 baht lockable bag that goes with it. You can only ask. Better than a free plastic Helmet  😀

Edited by Pattaya57

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's a mityon cartel in Pattaya, if you want lower prices you have to shop outside, Asia City Motors in Bowin (331) is where i bought mine, talk to them on messenger or Line, then once agreed price, go pick up when ready

I agree with that, every Pattaya dealer is a Mityon, Bowin is the place to go, not too far so you don't spend the discount on traveling costs

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's a mityon cartel in Pattaya, if you want lower prices you have to shop outside, Asia City Motors in Bowin (331) is where i bought mine, talk to them on messenger or Line, then once agreed price, go pick up when ready

Can I ask how big a discount did you get over Pattaya?

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Honda PCX 160 quoted at 94,500 baht (Pattaya prices

The price you were quoted 94,500 baht is close to SRP. 

Mityon were charging 10k, 20k baht higher. 

I doubt Asia City is going give much of a discount. 

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/automatic/pcx-2024

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

The price you were quoted is close to RRP. 

Mityon were charging 10k, 20k baht higher. 

I doubt Asia is going to discount. 

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/automatic/pcx-2024

One of the dealers I went to was Mityon who quoted the 94,500 PCX and 99,900 ADV. Other dealers then had exact same price 

19 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Can I ask how big a discount did you get over Pattaya?

I can't remember now, a few thousand, more if you get a more expensive bike. It was also the rubbish service from Mityon, they gave little choice except get their theft insurance and reg fees, a farang tax included

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Asia City Motors sold at listed retail price, Mityon a few thousand more

Honda website shows SRP PCX 93900 baht, his Mityon quote 94,500 baht (Pattaya prices) 

The Pattaya price looks very low. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Honda website shows SRP PCX 93900 baht, his Mityon quote 94,500 baht (Pattaya prices) 

The Pattaya price looks very low. 

the only way to find out is message Asia City Motors, times change, depends on demand and supply most likely, i bought mine 2 years ago when the Click 160 was just out and they were in short supply

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the only way to find out is message Asia City Motors, times change, depends on demand and supply most likely, i bought mine 2 years ago when the Click 160 was just out and they were in short supply

I agree but I'm in shock. 

I've never, ever seen, Mityon selling at only 1k baht above SRP. 

Might be time for me to buy a new PCX 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I should have added pics...

Mityon had PCX 94,500, ADV 99,900 and Honda Click 69,500 for the 'special edition' which also looked pretty good in gold & black

20241012_112300.jpg

20241012_112245.jpg

20241012_112608.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I should have added pics...

Mityon had PCX 94,500, ADV 99,900 and Honda Click 69,500 for the 'special edition' which also looked pretty good in gold & black

20241012_112300.jpg

20241012_112245.jpg

20241012_112608.jpg

The problem with ABS is they only come in gold wheels, certainly for the Click, probably same for others 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem with ABS is they only come in gold wheels,

Problem ?  they are lovely  especially when matched with a black body.  😋

what makes the john player special livery so alluring 1476934539598

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gold wheels are tacky, but Thais like gold

I'm not Thai but I like gold too..everyone should like gold  and reject the CBDC's   ohh maybe that's another thread.