Dutch Tourist Hurls Objects at Udon Thani Café Staff Over Change Dispute

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Blitz

On October 14, at 1:00 p.m., police from Udon Thani, led by Lt. Col. Prabda Suksontree, responded to an altercation involving a foreign tourist who allegedly threw items at café staff in a row over a 130-baht change discrepancy.

The incident took place at the Sky Blue café on Prachak Silpakom Road, where a man identified as Max, 59, from the Netherlands, was seen on CCTV hurling a fan and ashtrays at staff during a drunken outburst in the early hours of October 13.

The café owner, Ms. Wasithi Lhachan, 39, explained that Max began arguing over the change after handing over a 1,000-baht note for an 870-baht bill.

As a friend pocketed the change as a joke, Max, apparently unaware of this, accused staff of short-changing him. The heated dispute led him to violently toss a fan and ashtrays, injuring Ms. Wasithi on her right arm and the cashier, Ms. Pawina Piansabai, 34, on her leg.

Lt. Col. Prabda, along with another officer, invited both parties to the local police station to negotiate compensation. Max’s Thai wife, also present, requested to assess the damage before any settlement, while Max expressed regret, agreeing to face consequences for his actions.

Ms. Wasithi, shaken by the incident, shared that Max, an acquaintance of a friend, had previously been a well-behaved visitor. She called on Max to respect Thai laws and resolve the matter peacefully, to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of local businesses, reported Matichon Online.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-15

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 4

Well, bodily harm, so deportation and blacklisting should be the starting point in the negotiation. Then his so called friend should be taken out back for a quick exit from the gene pool.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It's just plain old assault, and it deserves maybe a year or two in prison. That might help him with an attitude adjustment. The fact of the matter is Thailand just doesn't need tourists or expats who are of the very low caliber this freak, who are like rodents lurking around underground in the sewers. 

If they ever do decide to adapt lowlife as part of the dictionary, they can have a picture of this tiny little man. 

it was not simple, but an 'aggravated assault'..a lot of difference there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

I despise and hate his friend. Letting the situation escalate. What a piece of S$&t. !! You don't need friends like him. Dump and shame him asap.

I guess that his socalled friend knew this could happen and had fun about that.

3 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

He was drinking alcohol in a cafe; there lies the problem. Cafe should've only served caffeinated bevvies. None of this violence wouldve happened.

Fine and then deport.

The picture looks like a place where they selling alcohol.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Max expressed regret, agreeing to face consequences for his actions

At least that is positive.

Obviously he should not have done it.

But I guess we all misbehaved already when we had too much to drink. Showing remorse and responsibility later is a good sign.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Well, bodily harm, so deportation and blacklisting should be the starting point in the negotiation. Then his so called friend should be taken out back for a quick exit from the gene pool.

Really?

Was anybody seriously hurt and needed medical attention?

He obviously should pay compensation. But if the damaged parties agree to a compensation, then I think let him pay and live another day. 

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Blitz

On October 14, at 1:00 p.m., police from Udon Thani, led by Lt. Col. Prabda Suksontree, responded to an altercation involving a foreign tourist who allegedly threw items at café staff in a row over a 130-baht change discrepancy.

The incident took place at the Sky Blue café on Prachak Silpakom Road, where a man identified as Max, 59, from the Netherlands, was seen on CCTV hurling a fan and ashtrays at staff during a drunken outburst in the early hours of October 13.

The café owner, Ms. Wasithi Lhachan, 39, explained that Max began arguing over the change after handing over a 1,000-baht note for an 870-baht bill.

As a friend pocketed the change as a joke, Max, apparently unaware of this, accused staff of short-changing him. The heated dispute led him to violently toss a fan and ashtrays, injuring Ms. Wasithi on her right arm and the cashier, Ms. Pawina Piansabai, 34, on her leg.

Lt. Col. Prabda, along with another officer, invited both parties to the local police station to negotiate compensation. Max’s Thai wife, also present, requested to assess the damage before any settlement, while Max expressed regret, agreeing to face consequences for his actions.

Ms. Wasithi, shaken by the incident, shared that Max, an acquaintance of a friend, had previously been a well-behaved visitor. She called on Max to respect Thai laws and resolve the matter peacefully, to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of local businesses, reported Matichon Online.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-15

news-footer-3.png

image.png

Some-one should tell this drunken phat pos, that not only is it rude to throw ashtrays etc at a Thai..  but also rude to point a finger in their direction. 

Obviously no respect all around..  I see the only option is to have him charged with assault.... maybe 30 days in the clanger.... and then blacklisted from Thailand for a minimum 5 years.   Thailand does not need him here! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Are we seeing more and more of these violent incidents or are they simply being reported in the newspapers more often? It seems like everyday there is another drunken Eurotrash or Brit=trash causing an affray.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

First, it takes a real man to drink over his limit, so he can´t talk about a problem in a calm manner. Total idiot, and such person we do NOT need in Thailand. In his own language he behave onmenselijk, which means barbaric translated from Dutch.

Over to his very funny friend, that takes the change as a joke, and refrain from telling that when the problem escalate. Very good friend. Such dumb people should be asked to take an IQ test before entry to the kingdom.

You managed to creep in somehow.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It's just plain old assault, and it deserves maybe a year or two in prison. That might help him with an attitude adjustment. The fact of the matter is Thailand just doesn't need tourists or expats who are of the very low caliber this freak, who are like rodents lurking around underground in the sewers. 

If they ever do decide to adapt lowlife as part of the dictionary, they can have a picture of this tiny little man. 

I seen this kind of behavior many times in Thailand Actually more times when i lived in surin.

I only see this 2 times in Bangkok over the last years.Then the bouncers took care of it 

• Confused 1

Half cut at 1pm in the day and losing his marbles over 130bht instead of trying to get to the bottom of where it is .

As for his wife she obviously has seen this before I'm guessing , my wife would have been mortified if I done something like that in a bar or restaurant.

Lt. Col. Prabda, along with another officer, invited both parties to the local police station to negotiate compensation. Max’s Thai wife, also present, requested to assess the damage before any settlement, while Max expressed regret, agreeing to face consequences for his actions

Gonna cost him a lot more than 130 baht... what a nobber

I have to say that a lot of the Cheap Charlies that end up living in Thailand long term get a distorted view of the world and the value of goods and services. I've seen grown men act like children, berating Thais in service jobs over the cost of something that may cost 50 cents or half a pound or whatever in their home country. They act like spoiled and entitled pieces of S***. 

And they take advantage of poor thais who are trying to scrape out a living. This article is a prime example of the losers that Thailand tends to attract. 130 baht. I had a friend beat over the head with a piece of construction lumber over a dispute over a drink on Sukhumvit Road. I've had friends who got into fist fights with cab drivers over 30 baht because the driver decided to take another way and was accused of running up the meter. 30 baht.. 130 baht. .. 

These types of farang need to get booted back to their own countries where, if they were to start crap over nonsense, would get their teeth kicked in. AND. they would never get laid again.