Trump Claims Xi Jinping Respects Him Because He Knows He's ‘Crazy’

Social Media

image.png

Donald Trump has declared that China’s President Xi Jinping would not provoke the U.S. under a Trump administration because Xi knows the former president is "crazy." Speaking to the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, Trump suggested that if he were re-elected, China would think twice about blockading Taiwan due to his tough stance. "If you go into Taiwan, I’m sorry to do this, I’m going to tax you at 150% to 200%," Trump said, outlining his plan to impose massive tariffs on China if it took aggressive action.

On the campaign trail, Trump has repeatedly asserted that America’s adversaries would avoid challenging U.S. interests if he were back in the White House. He argued that his unpredictability and willingness to respond forcefully kept foreign powers in check. "President Xi respects me and he knows I’m [expletive] crazy," Trump remarked, insisting that military force would not be necessary to prevent a blockade of Taiwan.

Reflecting on his past relationship with Xi, Trump described it as strong, though he stopped short of calling Xi a friend. "I had a very strong relationship with him," Trump said. "He was actually a really good, I don’t want to say friend – I don’t want to act foolish, ‘he was my friend’ – but I got along with him great." He further praised Xi as "a very fierce person."

Trump also spoke positively of his relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin. "I got along with him great," Trump said, though he claimed to have issued a stark warning to Putin about Ukraine. According to Trump, he threatened Putin with severe consequences if Russia invaded Ukraine. "I’m going to hit you right in the middle of fricking Moscow," Trump claimed to have told Putin. "I said, ‘We’re friends. I don’t want to do it, but I have no choice.’" Putin, Trump said, doubted his resolve, to which Trump responded, "You’re going to be hit so hard, and I’m going to take those [expletive] domes right off your head. Because, you know, he lives under the domes."

Trump’s foreign policy stance, branded "America First," focuses on trade wars and limiting U.S. involvement in foreign conflicts, particularly the Russia-Ukraine war. His choice of Ohio Senator JD Vance as a running mate has concerned Ukraine’s allies, given Vance’s firm opposition to sending further U.S. aid to the country.

On immigration, Trump defended his administration’s controversial "zero tolerance" family-separation policy. "I said, 'We’re going to separate your family.' It doesn’t sound nice, but when a family hears they’re going to be separated, you know what they do? They stay where they are, because we couldn’t handle it," Trump explained. He acknowledged that there were humanitarian concerns but said that tough decisions had to be made.

As for the upcoming election, Trump voiced his fears of unrest, not from foreign actors but from within the U.S. "I think the bigger problem is the enemy from within," he said, referring to what he called "sick people, radical left lunatics" who he believed could cause trouble.

Based on a report from the BBC 2024-10-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Credit to Xi for being smart and perceptive. "he knows I’m [expletive] crazy," Now, why can't the MAGA crowd be this perceptive and vote for somebody who's not nuts?